West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

[emoji4] ... I mean one that can score. tbf I've not seen enough of the new guys yet so Lafferty, Black or Lyden may be that guy ... but jury's out. We have enough midfielders - hopeful that Johnny Allan will be fit enough to make a difference ... Can see the need for a right back - unless Forsyth can play there Im not sure we have anyone who comfortably fits the bill

You can't go through a super league season with 5 defenders we had 6 last year and struggled

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking that a right back is still a defender ... so im kind of agreeing with you there. Kieran can play in defence or midfield - so he's to be included in there. Its the lack of a goalscorer ( altho Jordan's done well pre-season ) that's causing me a slight concern - but im confident that efforts are being made on that front

2 of them cud play sitting midfield and they could go to a 3 with at least one on bench for certain games Auchinleck had 20 stripped v Bonnyrigg and pettigrew wasn't involved so they have minimum 21 you need that sort of squad is your gonna challenge for big prizes

No point in trying to explain things when it comes to him talking about Pollok. Not sure what his love for junior football is based on, being a pollok hater or Cumbernauld Rob Roy fan, hard to tell at times.

Who is the young lad at Pollok? Think he'd fancy a move for first team football?

He is a 17 year old who has a contract with us and our U19s

Made his debut on Saturday and didn't look out of place. I am sure we will be sensible in what are the right games to play him in. He looked very composed on Saturday.

5 hours ago, rednblack said:

Bar one player got to feel sorry for the boys in the pollok youth team with this transfer policy.

Signing of mcgoldrick doesn't help the one boy who is getting a look in, the guy getting the big wages will always get picked when it's a straight choice and it does no youth player with potential any good just playing against lower junior sides with no disrespect to them.

Playing against lower junior teams is part of the development for young players and have serial winners to train with and learn from is exactly what he will need. Your way off with that post RnB

Playing against lower junior teams is part of the development for young players and have serial winners to train with and learn from is exactly what he will need. Your way off with that post RnB

My opinion i have heard a fair bit about this boy and two or three others stand outs from youth football. They have excelled it in top youth teams and playing with a top junior team only against teams that are in the lower reaches does them little good as again being in a top team and a top young talent they will coast it that's the reality of it(talking about top prospects here not decent players ). They need to play in league games and big cup games to develop. That's my humble opinion and that of a good youth coach from Edinburgh who was talking about this.We have an excellent player from our youth team currently he played against Beith Talbot. Glens and and couple more games for us at the end of last season, he was put in the deep end when we were going for the title to see what he was made of and he did fairly well and he is with us for start of this season when we were trying to win the league. The boy has youth and no fear on his side, us playing him in games against low ranked junior teams you don't really get to see what he is made of no point messing about with boys who are real talents put them in with experienced good junior players in big games and they learn way more way quicker. Anyway you have your opinion i have mine. No big deal [emoji4]   

How do you know what games Sena is going to be played in at Pollok. The season hasn't even started yet FFS.

Away back an worry about your homeless team surviving not how you would develop a young player.

I would trust the Pollok coaching staff and the U19 coaches to know a hell of a lot more about what is best for him that some guy on a football forum who posts under various user names so he has someone to back up his opinion.

My opinion i have heard a fair bit about this boy and two or three others stand outs from youth football. They have excelled it in top youth teams and playing with a top junior team only against teams that are in the lower reaches does them little good as again being in a top team and a top young talent they will coast it that's the reality of it(talking about top prospects here not decent players ). They need to play in league games and big cup games to develop. That's my humble opinion and that of a good youth coach from Edinburgh who was talking about this.We have an excellent player from our youth team currently he played against Beith Talbot. Glens and and couple more games for us at the end of last season, he was put in the deep end when we were going for the title to see what he was made of and he did fairly well and he is with us for start of this season when we were trying to win the league. The boy has youth and no fear on his side, us playing him in games against low ranked junior teams you don't really get to see what he is made of no point messing about with boys who are real talents put them in with experienced good junior players in big games and they learn way more way quicker. Anyway you have your opinion i have mine. No big deal [emoji4]    

Beith have a very good local lad cami elliot he has now signed full time this is his third season now as he came in end of cup winning season but he also played youth football as well we now have a squad of 21 including cami and who's to say we don't loan him out to a district team at some part of the season we did that with Thomas last year he went to winton scored a hat trick got game time but we had to re call him when Kenny got injured it did him no harm

All depends on the youngster for me. Certain ones benefit from that certain ones don't the top ones, the obvious stand outs don't need that for me.

Wouldn't class Thomas as a youngster like the ones i am talking about either, Thomas was with queens park then with us. Then a best part of a season with you guys playing in plenty big games along the way.

8 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

Travel distances are also an aspect for matches and training. They may not necessarily be on better wages but they have less costs, so the same is more if you see what I mean.

How many players have Hurlford got travelling from Stranraer.

Bar one player got to feel sorry for the boys in the pollok youth team with this transfer policy.
Signing of mcgoldrick doesn't help the one boy who is getting a look in, the guy getting the big wages will always get picked when it's a straight choice and it does no youth player with potential any good just playing against lower junior sides with no disrespect to them.

If there good enough they should be playing if not let the young ones move on and get a regular game elsewhere.

I'm sure it will be back down to 19/20 when the league cup is out of the way and other teams will pick up some decent players. Pollok have won a fair few trophies already under Tony so this is definitely about the league and the Scottish. It's been a while since we saw Pollok a earnings power fully reflected in the squad so this is an exciting time for their supporters.

Exciting times for the Pollok supporters so long as the investment is reflected in wins and silverware. Anything short of the League and/or Scottish for Pollok means the huge spend has been a complete and expensive failure.

2 of them cud play sitting midfield and they could go to a 3 with at least one on bench for certain games Auchinleck had 20 stripped v Bonnyrigg and pettigrew wasn't involved so they have minimum 21 you need that sort of squad is your gonna challenge for big prizes

I count Talbot to have 23 players as Pettigrew, Harvey and McCracken didn't play on Saturday

Archived