West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

29 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Transfers gone through as expected weeks ago. Massive outlay from pollok , should make for am interesting season as if you can't who multiple big trophies with this transfer policy the games a bogey.

22 man squad just the 5 centre backs now emoji23.png

Some quality signings their captain from last season may just find himself on the bench regular this season.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rednblack said:

Transfers gone through as expected weeks ago. Massive outlay from pollok , should make for am interesting season as if you can't who multiple big trophies with this transfer policy the games a bogey.

22 man squad just the 5 centre backs now emoji23.png

Keep pedalling your own shite, that only you believes.

i am sure one of your many user names will be able to read this post. 

Good signing if it all goes through. Fought off competition from at least two other teams in our league I'm led to believe. That's the squad complete now for sure, 22 is bigger than we've had before but plenty of Pollok fans weren't happy with a smaller pool last season so no one can complain. Still have 1 or 2 out injured as well. 

Plenty if of strength in depth. Might have a few centre backs but at least two can play full back and two in Midfield.

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

Some quality signings their captain from last season may just find himself on the bench regular this season.

You may be right, but it wouldn't surprise me that we move to 3 at the back in some games. That's how we set up on Saturday and also on occasion last season, but the difficulty last season is we didn't have the midfield players to protect the defence that you need in that system. 

Over the last few season Gallagher has played with injuries or been rushed back early due to lack of alternatives, so thankfully if he needs a rest we hopefully will now have a couple of strong options to bring in. 

10 hours ago, superpollok said:

You may be right, but it wouldn't surprise me that we move to 3 at the back in some games. That's how we set up on Saturday and also on occasion last season, but the difficulty last season is we didn't have the midfield players to protect the defence that you need in that system. 

Over the last few season Gallagher has played with injuries or been rushed back early due to lack of alternatives, so thankfully if he needs a rest we hopefully will now have a couple of strong options to bring in. 

Assembled a very squad on paper the team to beat, Tony will have to earn his crust keeping them all happy, shouldn't be an issue early in the season but maybe nov/Dec like everyone else with big squads when games are called for 3 weeks and boys left out of team come next playable match tedddy's normally tossed oot.

Good luck and look forward to the battles with you ahead.

Clydebank have completed the signings of Josh Watt and Phil Johnston. Josh is a midfielder previously with Motherwell, Stenhousemuir and Queens Park amongst others, whilst defender/midfielder Phil joins us from Clyde after spending time previously with Stirling Albion.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1500968000.240654.jpgImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1500968013.645316.jpg

Bankies current squad now looks as follows:

Goalkeepers
Josh Lumsden

Defenders
Callum Gow
Jamie Darroch
Jim Lyden
Andy Paterson
Ross Forsyth

Midfielders
Alan Vezza
Ryan Deas
Josh Watt
Phil Johnston
Reece Pearson

Forwards
Jordan Shelvey
Alan Frizzell
Ciaran Lafferty
Chris Black
Ross Lyden

Player Coaches
Kieran McAnespie D/M
Scott Morrison GK

Possibly a couple of others to follow before the league campaign starts

2 hours ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

Clydebank have completed the signings of Josh Watt and Phil Johnston. Josh is a midfielder previously with Motherwell, Stenhousemuir and Queens Park amongst others, whilst defender/midfielder Phil joins us from Clyde after spending time previously with Stirling Albion.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1500968000.240654.jpgImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1500968013.645316.jpg

Bankies current squad now looks as follows:

Goalkeepers
Josh Lumsden

Defenders
Callum Gow
Jamie Darroch
Jim Lyden
Andy Paterson
Ross Forsyth

Midfielders
Alan Vezza
Ryan Deas
Josh Watt
Phil Johnston
Reece Pearson

Forwards
Jordan Shelvey
Alan Frizzell
Ciaran Lafferty
Chris Black
Ross Lyden

Player Coaches
Kieran McAnespie D/M
Scott Morrison GK

Possibly a couple of others to follow before the league campaign starts

Some good players assembled looking forward to the old Talbot v Bankies tussles.

Bar one player got to feel sorry for the boys in the pollok youth team with this transfer policy.

Signing of mcgoldrick doesn't help the one boy who is getting a look in, the guy getting the big wages will always get picked when it's a straight choice and it does no youth player with potential any good just playing against lower junior sides with no disrespect to them.

Beith have a squad of 21 would be 22 of they resigned Tommy martin gone are the days of 17/18 man squads for top teams you need roughly 20

I agree i was laughing at the 5 defenders who can play centre back. They certainly not going to be naming any players this season on the bench who aren't even in the ground to save face to those who aren't at the game and only see team lines [emoji23].

I agree i was laughing at the 5 defenders who can play centre back. They certainly not going to be naming any players this season on the bench who aren't even in the ground to save face to those who aren't at the game and only see team lines [emoji23].

2 of them cud play sitting midfield and they could go to a 3 with at least one on bench for certain games Auchinleck had 20 stripped v Bonnyrigg and pettigrew wasn't involved so they have minimum 21 you need that sort of squad is your gonna challenge for big prizes

42 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Anyone thinking a trend of better players are dropping to the juniors from lower end spfl as it's better wonga for Them?  Or am I way off the mark here.

certainly not coming to us for the cash ... although I hear some SPFL2 clubs are back paying expenses almost

Anyone thinking a trend of better players are dropping to the juniors from lower end spfl as it's better wonga for Them?  Or am I way off the mark here.

Travel distances are also an aspect for matches and training. They may not necessarily be on better wages but they have less costs, so the same is more if you see what I mean.

Bar one player got to feel sorry for the boys in the pollok youth team with this transfer policy.

Signing of mcgoldrick doesn't help the one boy who is getting a look in, the guy getting the big wages will always get picked when it's a straight choice and it does no youth player with potential any good just playing against lower junior sides with no disrespect to them.

Who is the young lad at Pollok? Think he'd fancy a move for first team football?

What positions ? Deffo another forward - not got a striker or no 10 really ... Possibly a natural right back ... where else ?

Another forward pmsl you already have 5 at least 1 probably 2 defenders you can't go through a season with 5 defenders n probably 1 more midfielder

4 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

Another forward pmsl you already have 5 at least 1 probably 2 defenders you can't go through a season with 5 defenders n probably 1 more midfielder

:) ... I mean one that can score. tbf I've not seen enough of the new guys yet so Lafferty, Black or Lyden may be that guy ... but jury's out. We have enough midfielders - hopeful that Johnny Allan will be fit enough to make a difference ... Can see the need for a right back - unless Forsyth can play there Im not sure we have anyone who comfortably fits the bill

Archived