West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

9 hours ago, hillslad said:

Thought this was a 'transfer speculation' thread? All crap about who's bigger and better! Nonsense, get back to transfer talk!

All  the transfers are done pollok and arthurlie have signed everyone close the thread.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Geo61 said:

Fans Had a meeting with manager yesterday T. told us who he had signed he never mentioned Anderson but did say he was looking at 2/3 players

Cheers Geordie, we've got the same opportunity this weekend to watch the training and join in a Q & A with the coaching staff.

I know there were a few boys who had a run out with us at the tail end of the season as trialists, who did a job and are signed up.

RE; Anderson, I hear we might have two derbies to play before the league starts. Gies our boys, twice the opportunity to provide him with some "west end hospitality" and show our gratitude for his efforts last season.:whistle

Great player could have went a lot higher if he had more pace.

One of my favourite Rob Roy players in recent years just never know what he is going to do don't think he knows half the time either. His running style is definitely different after his terrible injury playing for us almost like a limp was many years ago now he got that injury maybe 10 or 11.

John Richardson signed him for us from Dunbarton under 21s.

You sure? I was positive Deas played for Rob Roy in a bounce match against Albion Rovers at Dunterlie when Maxi first took over, came on for the second half and scored from halfway! Absolute bundles of ability!

17 hours ago, rednblack said:

One of my favourite Rob Roy players in recent years just never know what he is going to do don't think he knows half the time either. His running style is definitely different after his terrible injury playing for us almost like a limp was many years ago now he got that injury maybe 10 or 11.

John Richardson signed him for us from Dunbarton under 21s.

Deas played as a trialist for Ladeside at Port Glasgow in March 2009 when he was looking for a club after injury. Kilbirnie had Longworth , Kinney , Erskine at the time and he didn't think he would get a game so never signed.

1 hour ago, Nugent4nil said:

You sure? I was positive Deas played for Rob Roy in a bounce match against Albion Rovers at Dunterlie when Maxi first took over, came on for the second half and scored from halfway! Absolute bundles of ability!

John Richardson first signed Ryan Deas for Dumbarton Under-19s,

having gone there to set-up the age group following an approach

from then Sons Manager Paul Martin, John had asked me to help out 

taking the goalies, and following an advertising campaign aimed at

finding players for the new team - there were numerous messages and

phone calls from lads who had been released by other senior clubs -

I was at Dumbarton the first night when among those who appeared

was Ryan Deas, who had been released by Stenhousemuir. You could

tell right away he was a good player. Quite a few of those recruited by Richardson

would go o to sign contracts fro the first team. When Paul Martin was sacked

by Dumbarton following a 3-2 home defeat by Partick Thistle, J.R. felt obliged

to leave as wel,l as he had been brought in by Paul. Shortly afterwards, 

John linked-up again with John Mitchell after being appointed Rob Roy

manager. I also joined the backroom staff and it didnt take long for Ryan

Deas to arrive at Adamslie Park. Did well to come back again following the

horrific leg break.

36 minutes ago, theshed said:

That's a good signing and I've always found him a handful with his pace , a hard player to play against is marks .

Im sure I read he had signed for Winton Rovers?

Archived