West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, jackson said:

When's the registration day?

It depends on whether the player to be registered is moving to a new club or staying with his current club. If the player isn;t moving clubs then his new deal can be registered at any time. If the player is moving to a new club, then the new club has to wait till the player's contract expires with his current club, which is usually around the 3rd weekend in June (i.e. now) but sometimes the contracts run a bit longer.

So to answer your question, there is no real "registration day".

All amateur registrations and non-contract professional contracts expire today the 3rd Saturday of June.

Most full professional registrations if for one year tend to also end today unless clubs extend the date for whatever agreed reason.

Clubs may register new players from tomorrow but these dont get processed and approved by the SFA for the next couple of days due to the high number of registrations and contracts being uploaded.

6 minutes ago, Wild Winton Rover said:

All amateur registrations and non-contract professional contracts expire today the 3rd Saturday of June.

They don't all end today, but they do end at various points this week. That's according to the SJFA Extranet list which i have just checked for my own team.

6 hours ago, Quantum Leap said:

I'm a wee bit worried about that.
How many times do you dream about me?
Anyway a wise man once told me in no uncertain terms that it doesn't matter what's on the head.

Anyway back on topic what's your thoughts on Brian young leaving to join pollok

1 hour ago, Quantum Leap said:

Well Trawler boy, if he does leave then the very best of luck to him.
Not one Talbot fan has a bad word to say about him and he will be forever in our hearts.
He gave us the best years of his playing career and he will need a rucksack to carry all his medals away in.
He will always get a sandwich at any Talbot mans door as he is one of us. A true Talbot legend and he will always be a true Talbot man.

EEKA PEEKA PUKKA PO!!

A simple....I, m gutted he is leaving would suffice.

44 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

I would post that I was gutted if indeed that was the case which to be honest isn't the case Trawler boy.
Every player moves on eventually and no player is bigger than the club.
Any transfer news from yourself Trawler boy or are you just intend on posting on all things Talbot as usual?emoji1.png

Signed a youth player and local lad from Beith community club, apart from that all quite on the Bellsdale front, some irons in the fire that hopefully the club can pull off.

Re Brain Young

Can't think of many, if any, player who left Talbot for another Junior team and doing better than just ok. Spence,  Collins, McVey, Slavin etc 

Tucker seems to be a good judge of when a players powers are diminishing and letting them go regardless of their 'legendary' status.

Archived