West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

5 minutes ago, Bankie2015 said:

http://www.clydebankfc.com/squad-news/

disappointed to see little, kasubandi, McGill and halliday go but wish them all the best. not seen any of the players left linked with moves, aside little, on here? notiable that club captain Barclay has neither been confirmed leaving or staying, will be interesting to see how that unfolds. As for bubba would expect him to move on. Great to see Johnny allan will be back in doing pre season 

I'm a little bit surprised to see so many players leaving Clydebank as they step up to the Premier.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phil Barclay has been offered a deal and is mulling it over - think the guy is looking at his family commitments before making a decision.

Have heard rumours that Mark Burbidge is doing pre-season with Stirling Albion and that if the Nicky Little to Pollok deal isn't finalised he may be doing pre-season with Stenhousemuir.

Bankies manager Kieran McAnespie was working yesterday at the PFA Scotland event at Broadwood along with Glenafton boss Craig McEwan - wonder if they were eyeing up potential signings?

I'm a little bit surprised to see so many players leaving Clydebank as they step up to the Premier.

To be fair Peter there are several of those leaving who were either fringe players or not good enough to step up . The departures of Nicky Little and probably Mark Burbidge are a major blow - the rest I can understand tbh. This will be Kieran's first real opportunity to bring in his own players - he took us up with a squad that was already there.

Just now, Kilbowie's Finest said:

To be fair Peter there are several of those leaving who were either fringe players or not good enough to step up . This will be Kieran's first real opportunity to bring in his own players - he took us up with a squad that was already there.

If the departures are all the manager's intention then he's making a brave call breaking up a team who are on a good winning run.

1 hour ago, Wesleydale said:

Shotts Bon Accord sign Scott Crone from Dalziel Amateurs (Scottish Amateur Internationalist)

Shotts players that have not agreed new contracts for next season:

Sean McKenna

Mark Duffy

Paul Doyle

Jamie Brophy

Connor MacLeod

Stuart Livingston

Not surprised by this. For me when I saw Shorts this season these guys were the problem. All decent enough players in their own right but getting on in yeras, lacking pace and mobility. This made Shotts one paced and easy to play against. Andy Scott and the boy they got from Glencairn fall into the same catagory. Good to have one or two of these guys but they can't make up the nucleus of your team.

3 minutes ago, ash said:

Not surprised by this. For me when I saw Shorts this season these guys were the problem. All decent enough players in their own right but getting on in yeras, lacking pace and mobility. This made Shotts one paced and easy to play against. Andy Scott and the boy they got from Glencairn fall into the same catagory. Good to have one or two of these guys but they can't make up the nucleus of your team.

Duffy is only 31, that's not exactly old.

If the departures are all the manager's intention then he's making a brave call breaking up a team who are on a good winning run.

As I said I think he did a fantastic job getting us promoted but know he wants us to play in a certain way - I think up to now he has managed to make several square pegs fit in round holes if you know what I mean and is now looking to bring in his own players - I think he said as much when he was interviewed for the job.

Have a feeling he and Marc McCulloch will make good use of their senior contacts and maybe bring in some lads freed from senior clubs or potentially on loan alongside good 21s and some new signings from our excellent U19s side.

disappointed to see little, kasubandi, McGill and halliday go but wish them all the best. not seen any of the players left linked with moves, aside little, on here? notiable that club captain Barclay has neither been confirmed leaving or staying, will be interesting to see how that unfolds. As for bubba would expect him to move on. Great to see Johnny allan will be back in doing pre season 

Where's big joel away 2 ?

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Duffy is only 31, that's not exactly old.

Don't know any of the boys age specifically, more of a general observation I was making on the Shotts is team.

The couple times I saw Duffy he played like a guy who was on in years. Didn't run channels, or work hard to make bad balls good ones.

He walked away several weeks before the end of the season mate - don't think he's got a new club yet -rumours around that he was off to Broomhill Sports Club.

A noticed he hadn't been playing , i assumed he was injured , always liked him but a few bankies fans have said he was a bit up an down ?

A noticed he hadn't been playing , i assumed he was injured , always liked him but a few bankies fans have said he was a bit up an down ?

Scored several goals but they often came against poorer teams and his goals to chances ratio wasn't great. Think the biggest problem McAnespie had with him though was his work rate - he can be one of these guys that can down tools a bit if it's going against him or the team . Think he took the huff after the Girvan game when we were chasing the winner and McAnespie sent on Stevie Young ahead of him . What happens ? Young promptly sets up the winner for Jamie Darroch - manager vindicated and Joel left not long after.

11 minutes ago, ash said:

Don't know any of the boys age specifically, more of a general observation I was making on the Shotts is team.

The couple times I saw Duffy he played like a guy who was on in years. Didn't run channels, or work hard to make bad balls good ones.

When Duffy joined Glencairn in January 2016, his workrate was tremendous and he did all the things that you describe him not doing, and he was rewarded with something like 9 goals in his first 10 games. Then the workrate seemed to slow down coinciding with him shaving off his beard, and the goals dried up. He went back to Shotts when McGuiness went there, but it seems the move hasn't really worked out for him with his team getting relegated and his former team (who made him an offer to stay) narrowly missing out on promotion. Perhaps big Duffy needs to grow his beard again. :P

When Duffy joined Glencairn in January 2016, his workrate was tremendous and he did all the things that you describe him not doing, and he was rewarded with something like 9 goals in his first 10 games. Then the workrate seemed to slow down coinciding with him shaving off his beard, and the goals dried up. He went back to Shotts when McGuiness went there, but it seems the move hasn't really worked out for him with his team getting relegated and his former team (who made him an offer to stay) narrowly missing out on promotion. Perhaps big Duffy needs to grow his beard again. [emoji14]

Funny u should say that peter started away like a train at kilsyth too scoring goals for fun aswell then faded badly and was let go .

McGill has signed for kilbrinie bankies. Another who took the huff. Bye bye

Mon the papers

Archived