West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walker, MacAleenan and Daly to Arthurlie. McCann from Petershill to Pollok. Forde deal nearly done

Daly will be a great signing, thought he was Pollok's best striker last season so surprised to see him moving on, was he offered a new deal?

Walker I can take or leave, big solid player but fitness is somewhat lacking and he's not exactly blessed with finesse.

Really don't rate MacAleenan at all.

Walker, MacAleenan and Daly to Arthurlie. McCann from Petershill to Pollok. Forde deal nearly done

Walker had an excellent first season for us and is very dangerous in the opposition box at set plays. However lacks pace so can be caught out but always gives 100%

Daly causes defenders lots of problems and was out most effective forward last year, sorry to see him go

MacAlennan is another I would have liked to stay. He never shys away from taking the call, can play LB LM or CM. He can make some bad passes and frustrates some of the fans but IMO we played much better football when he was in the side. Only player to survive from the Richardson days.

16 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

John Sweeney to Ladeside

Unplayable on his day, can play up front or centre mid and was a big part in us getting back to the top tier. Loves a booking.

And he scored a hatrick against Beith - 

Delighted to announce the signing of William Wells tonight.

William joins from Irvine Meadow.

Great addition to the squad.

Big William is a nice guy and has it in him to turn a game. Didn't quite work out for him at Cumnock, although to be fair , his chances were limited

I wasn't aware he was at Medda

Best of luck big fella

6 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

John Sweeney to Ladeside

Surprised by this one.

Saw him play with St Rochs vs Larkhall and thought he was poor. Didn't think he would be back in the Super League.

Looks like major cash injection at Pollok then. McRobbie from Cumnock as well. Wonder who the sugar daddy is.

Nope . Never been any sugar or daddies
Always been the same at Lok .
They have a good steady support who back them to the hilt with regular income plus 2 or 3 reallly good sponsors one of which sponsors our very own West of Scotland cup .
It creates a good steady income which various managers including the current incumbent have/has used to their own fruition .
They had an issue for a few years with their social club but that is long gone
Oh my fucken god . I just backed up Pollok there [emoji23]. Wonder if Tony will unblock me on twitter now [emoji23][emoji23]

Archived