West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to BSC Glasgow's twitter they have signed Martin Grehan from Kilbirnie, and Josh McArthur from Beith for next season.

A don't get it , unless there getting big bucks and its a financial thing with them , this is the team who were playing out off alloa's park last season am i right ? Lowland league ? Pah !
Kilbirnie and Beith much bigger an better clubs than bsc glasgow will ever be !!!

8 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

A don't get it , unless there getting big bucks and its a financial thing with them , this is the team who were playing out off alloa's park last season am i right ? Lowland league ? Pah !
Kilbirnie and Beith much bigger an better clubs than bsc glasgow will ever be !!!

Your last statement may we'll be correct, however everyone has to start somewhere? I've not seen enough of the LL to comment on the quality, but it surely deserves a chance?

16 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Josh was on the fringes of our starting 11 last season, I thought BSC were of a decent standard last season when we played them but I do agree that beith & ladeside are bigger clubs for sure with far more fans. 

Your last statement may we'll be correct, however everyone has to start somewhere? I've not seen enough of the LL to comment on the quality, but it surely deserves a chance?

Beith and kilbirnie are integral parts of there community , bsc glasgow are a team formed for a purpose of competing in a league , from glasgow playing in alloa come on ? Ive been to a cumbernauld colts game , played up in broadwood , no atmosphere , hardly a fan there played in a big empty stadium , not enjoyable at all , the left back for the colts was the only player i would have had for my team , if thats the lowland league u can keep it , av said it already bsc glasgow an cumbernauld colts will never be a beith or a kilbirnie ladeside or a kilsyth rangers, with great communities and proud histories !

2 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Beith and kilbirnie are integral parts of there community , bsc glasgow are a team formed for a purpose of competing in a league , from glasgow playing in alloa come on ? Ive been to a cumbernauld colts game , played up in broadwood , no atmosphere , hardly a fan there played in a big empty stadium , not enjoyable at all , the left back for the colts was the only player i would have had for my team , if thats the lowland league u can keep it , av said it already bsc glasgow an cumbernauld colts will never be a beith or a kilbirnie ladeside or a kilsyth rangers, with great communities and proud histories !

Not arguing with you my friend, but I've yet to come across a club that was created with a ready made history.

10 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

BSC hardly covered themselves in glory during their groundshares wi Maryhill and, initially, Ashfield - which is more worthy of criticism than their poor support base. Though perhaps I'm bitter as their boss is a poor sport and BSC ignored an invite I sent them tae take part in a Uni project... don't forget, Cumbernauld beat Talbot!

Apparently Bonnyton YFC of Killie are going tae the South o Scotland League next season - Ayrshire fitba may get interesting! Yes, this is all very aff topic...

Not arguing with you my friend, but I've yet to come across a club that was created with a ready made history.

Am not arguing mate , a should maybe have said that in my opinion they will never gather a history that the likes of kilbirnie an beith have .

Too easy,  the roy fans were all over this site when top of the league swanning around like they owned the place, now they got humped and collapsed nowhere to be seen.

Moron we were top until only the last week or two. Now our season is done only natural things ease off till new season.
There is a reason our thread had so many posts as it was all kept in that no polluting every thread like a bad smell like you and one or two others are doing.
We can still finish second only two points behind Glenafton yeah massive collapse that.
Yourself and another tool who don't live in these parts and don't get to many games are the ones as i said polluting most threads. Do all the real fans who go every week a favour and piss off back under your stone till the next big Beith game. Stupid glory hunting troll.

50 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Moron we were top until only the last week or two. Now our season is done only natural things ease off till new season.
There is a reason our thread had so many posts as it was all kept in that no polluting every thread like a bad smell like you and one or two others are doing.
We can still finish second only two points behind Glenafton yeah massive collapse that.
Yourself and another tool who don't live in these parts and don't get to many games are the ones as i said polluting most threads. Do all the real fans who go every week a favour and piss off back under your stone till the next big Beith game. Stupid glory hunting troll.

Twice in 1 day lol

51 minutes ago, rednblack said:

League table doesn't lie you were top most of season and collapsed now you sit 3rd and possibly could end up 4th so yes you collapsed. For the record was attending games before you were born. RRGuy

Am not arguing mate , a should maybe have said that in my opinion they will never gather a history that the likes of kilbirnie an beith have .

In BSC's case they'll certainly struggle to build a fan base when they keep moving grounds on an almost annual basis.

According to BSC Glasgow's twitter they have signed Martin Grehan from Kilbirnie, and Josh McArthur from Beith for next season.

Josh was a decent squad player but I don't think he would ever be first choice bsc have a lot of young guys in there team and Josh will fit in well good luck to josh he's a top guy and will be welcome at bellsdale anytime as a member of our Scottish cup winning squad

3 hours ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

BSC Glasgow.......I think that's who Stephen Swift left Buffs for,to manage. Swifty raiding his old Ladeside team,then? ;)

On 5/19/2017 at 15:44, glensmad said:

Chris Lennon is at Cumbernauld United at the moment, he joined them from Thorniewood when Frame went there as manager, but the rumours are that he had already agreed to join Arthurlie next season before he signed for Cumbernauld.

Only played a couple of games before disappearing like sh*t off a shovel .Impressed when I saw him a couple of times with Thorniewood not so much at Guys Meadow but United were only ever a stop gap for this ambitious young chap

Everybody knows we punched above our weight all season for our support players and management it was a helluva hurl but I will say this without using it as an excuse but we lost sawyers and watt for various lengthy periods of season had both been fit who knows and I know most teams suffer these things but on our budget it probably a couple of injuries to much but great effort all the same role on next season and see if we have that knockout blow [emoji106][emoji460]

20 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

watched a few games in the LL nothing to write home to mother about but without a doubt it is part of the foundation for a progressive pyramid system .In time subtle overtures or insidious threats will come the way of the more attractive Juniors  to join in order to give it more kudos . Tailor made for dragging development squads into for the bigger clubs also .

Archived