West Region summer transfer speculation 2017

glensmad

Hope nobody leaves the Afton [emoji855]

Will be a lot of comings & goings at the side over the next couple of months . Hoping to keep about 7 or 8 of last seasons squad so we are looking at about 10 new faces coming in . Should be fun

I'd take a couple of players off your hands for the mighty mate so who are you hoping to keep

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

Beith have re-signed most of there players for next year but a couple of big players not signed as of yet we lost 2 of our cup final 11 mid season as they weren't playing so it's ok signing up all your players but if someone comes in and replaces them well glenafton cud have same problem we had this season

Presumably they weren't playing because the players who replaced them were an improvement, so I wouldn't really regard that as a "problem".

Beith have re-signed most of there players for next year but a couple of big players not signed as of yet we lost 2 of our cup final 11 mid season as they weren't playing so it's ok signing up all your players but if someone comes in and replaces them well glenafton cud have same problem we had this season

This is my fear. Afton have a good squad but there are really good individuals who don't play every week ( can't blame the manager when his team is winning ) but as mentioned these players are better than sitting on the bench every other Saturday. And may feel it's time to move on. Just hope not as it's a good group

But you also can't blame a player for wanting to play

4 from Rob roy going to Beith.....................sorry thought this was away fan numbers

Strange that as we run a supporters bus every week. You can't cover the cost of that for 3 years with 4 people you with your glory hunters you half wit.

1 hour ago, rednblack said:

Strange that as we run a supporters bus every week. You can't cover the cost of that for 3 years with 4 people you with your glory hunters you half wit.

Hardly glory hunters when we take twice as many supporters buses as KRR to annbank on a Wednesday night brian for an early kick off ......... 

1 hour ago, rednblack said:

Ho ho ho

On 19/05/2017 at 20:46, Satori. said:

Decent isnt what we want to hear to be honest.  We are getting rid of Gary Carroll who has been superb for us. We need replacements that are, at the very least, as good as we are letting go. 

Im hoping the Gary Carroll one gets resolved.  Ive heard he wants to stay at Dunterlie so surely we can get discussions going and keep the boy. He is a talent.

Im hoping the Gary Carroll one gets resolved.  Ive heard he wants to stay at Dunterlie so surely we can get discussions going and keep the boy. He is a talent.

I'm hearing the boys he has put on transfer list don't fancy moving clubs either n are prepared to stay put.

15 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

You must have players who are not playing regularly and want to do so with another team.

Also the manager will see areas which need strengthened. 

Going by your logic Talbot wouldn't have released or signed anyone for 30 years now.

The only boy I can think might be chapping at the bit to get game time would be the big centre half, Meikle.  He got in briefly when Chessy was injured, and done a job.  But only thing about him seems to be he gets injured easily, or possibly allows injuries dictate to him where others would play on he puts himself on sideline unfit, or so it seems.   If he were to go, I feel another centre half would be required, especially to challenge Zee and Chessy who have that position nailed in right now.  And possibly another strong centre midfielder, similar to Jambo who left us for Queens Park to keep Ally & Div on their toes.

Most others get there share of game time, Southy uses his squad.  Can't say 1 or 2 boys regularly been on sideline all season, packs been shuffled when required, fresh legs, fresh ideas, and keeping boys happy in a decent sized squad at same time.  It's no easy, but seems to be working at present.

20 minutes ago, Glens lad said:

But unfortunately 'all' will want to be involved in the final emoji51.png and that just isn't possible, so I'm thinking those who are left out☹️ may feel it's time to move on. You are 100% with your assessment of Southy's rotation system. It works through the season. But this is the Scottish Junior cup final, the holy grail for all junior footballers,

Somebody has to miss out unfortunately ☹️☹️

Not talking solely about the cup final, I am talking in reference to the topic.  

Yes players who don't start cup final will be gutted but I'm not sure they will be that huffed that they would walk away from the club, plenty players miss out year in year out on these big games at various big clubs around the world (yes bigger than Glenafton), but it should only serve to make them hungrier not to miss out next time round.

Not talking solely about the cup final, I am talking in reference to the topic.  
Yes players who don't start cup final will be gutted but I'm not sure they will be that huffed that they would walk away from the club, plenty players miss out year in year out on these big games at various big clubs around the world (yes bigger than Glenafton), but it should only serve to make them hungrier not to miss out next time round.

Yeah. Your right [emoji6].

19 hours ago, Chrissydodds said:

Looks like youve caught a big one!

Too easy,  the roy fans were all over this site when top of the league swanning around like they owned the place, now they got humped and collapsed nowhere to be seen.

Archived