Peterhead 1 Forfar 2

7 hours ago, virginton said:

What shan excuse is McInally using to account for his latest and most inexplicable playoff failure? Any manager with self-respect would have gone by now but McInally prefers to smear lies about his club's fanbase or deploy any other sort of fantasist drivel in order to buy him time.

His trick of publicly offering, then withdrawing his resignation based on results was used literally two years before he eventually got hounded out of Morton. Peterhead should have called his bluff during the league campaign as simply an abysmal manager.

Why didn't you come into this thread and congratulate Forfar instead of having a go at a former manager? It's because you're a c**t. Now f**k off.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For whatever reason after beating Arbroath we decided to try and defend our way through the rest of the season. Malone replaced Foxy in central midfield and the emphasis of the team became much more negative. Once the league was lost we seemed to go for things again, being much more attacking and it worked ( playoff aggregate 13-6).

Delighted we went up and the play-off games we showed some great form, yesterday was a masterclass in counter attacking and being clinical but it shouldn't hide the fact we messed up big style this season and I hope Bollan learns from it because next season will be hard going without shooting ourselves in the foot.

Didn't try the pies but the chips were braw.

How? Poor team full of hatchet men. McAllister overrated too, may do a job lower level though to be fair

I disagree about McAllister being overrated. 26 or so goals for the team that finished 2nd bottom and 31 goals last season is good going. Although I don't think he has ever reached his potential mainly due to bad attitude and work rate. If it wasn't for him we would have been bottom, and even with him we could struggle next season as our team is pish.

Just now, NewBlue said:

I disagree about McAllister being overrated. 26 or so goals for the team that finished 2nd bottom and 35 goals last season is good going. Although I don't think he has ever reached his potential mainly due to bad attitude and work rate. If it wasn't for him we would have been bottom, and even with him we could struggle next season as our team is pish.

We would gladly take him back a class act when his heid is in right place

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I disagree about McAllister being overrated. 26 or so goals for the team that finished 2nd bottom and 31 goals last season is good going. Although I don't think he has ever reached his potential mainly due to bad attitude and work rate. If it wasn't for him we would have been bottom, and even with him we could struggle next season as our team is pish.

Scored 19 in the league, I think.  Any team would snap your hand off for a player scoring that many in a season.

Speaking of goal scorers, I'm hoping Andy Ryan gets a move from Airdrie up a league.  I would hate to see him score against us next season.  Great player, wish he'd stayed at Forfar.

Great celebrations back in the lounge tonight, great to see so many people that i have never seen before at a game having fun with the manager and players...oh and can anyone tell me what the 'message to Arbroath' from Bollan was...i was too busy cringing at the time. :)

Great celebrations back in the lounge tonight, great to see so many people that i have never seen before at a game having fun with the manager and players...oh and can anyone tell me what the 'message to Arbroath' from Bollan was...i was too busy cringing at the time. [emoji4]

He was wishing dick luck for his interview in Kirkcaldy yesterday ?

Scored 19 in the league, I think.  Any team would snap your hand off for a player scoring that many in a season.
Speaking of goal scorers, I'm hoping Andy Ryan gets a move from Airdrie up a league.  I would hate to see him score against us next season.  Great player, wish he'd stayed at Forfar.

What's his contract situation? Appreciate it's off topic but I'd like to see Falkirk bringing him in.

What's his contract situation? Appreciate it's off topic but I'd like to see Falkirk bringing him in.

I think he has a year or two left. After Dundee Utd came in he signed an extension. Not sure if he would go for a short term deal though as I think he was looking for a longer deal with utd.

Heard him say at the bar yesterday he has two years left and he's going nowhere. He's starting to get on my tits though.

13 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Don't often agree with TB but it's not harsh at all,  we had the league sewn up and were playing attractive attacking football for the first half of the season.  For some reason Bollan thought he'd change the system to a turgid defensive strategy that cost us the league.

Last 12 games (a third of the regular season) was bottom of the league/relegation territory, 11 points out of 36.

I agree that the form in the final 12 games was awful but the form in the play offs is Championship winning form (3 wins and a draw)!!

Fair play to the boys for turning it round. It would have been very easy to go down without a fight given that we lost the lead in the league after leading for 34 games (and to go 2-0 down at Annan) so you've got to give them credit for turning it back around.

3 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Heard him say at the bar yesterday he has two years left and he's going nowhere. He's starting to get on my tits though.

Yup, two seasons left (check my signature:lol:).  He'll be 32 by then so probably not going anywhere else after that.

Having said that, the likes of Lister and Templeman both put him to shame in the playoffs.

By the way, I think Forfar will struggle in League 1 unless they strengthen considerably. The standard is a lot higher and we were in no way representative of a League 1 team.

Overrated maybe a bit harsh! Obviously he knows where the target is but his play acting and attitude have let him and his team down this season. Good luck in league 2

How? Poor team full of hatchet men. McAllister overrated too, may do a job lower level though to be fair

I agree they are an absolute gang but if they keep McAllister they will win the title.

Guest bernardblack

I agree they are an absolute gang but if they keep McAllister they will win the title.

This. He scored goals this season in not a great team. If they add a few players and keep him they'll win it.

Having a reliable goalscorer goes a long way in this league. You only need to look at Elgin this season - challenging for the title then completely collapsing when Sutherland got injured.

It happened to us too under Moore. Murray lost his edge when he signed for United and McManus got injured.

15 hours ago, Lichtielegend said:

Having a reliable goalscorer goes a long way in this league. You only need to look at Elgin this season - challenging for the title then completely collapsing when Sutherland got injured.

It happened to us too under Moore. Murray lost his edge when he signed for United and McManus got injured.

It goes a long way, but can't make up for a defense that has probably the only > 100% rate of goals conceded v chances.  For those that did not have to endure watching this, it is when your team provide more goals than the opposition make.

Archived