Peterhead 1 Forfar 2

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bernardblack said:

What a result! Hopefully that gets some people off Bollan's back!!

Also hopefully that means we can hold on to a few players, TOB in particular

We did really well to salvage something....but no way will any fan who has watched every game this season forget the calamity of losing the title. Well done though to every player today.

3 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

We did really well to salvage something....but no way will any fan who has watched every game this season forget the calamity of losing the title. Well done though to every player today.

That's harsh as fk. The remit for Bollan would have been to get promoted, he's achieved that. Get the fk off the guys back. It's not a popularity contest. 

Well done Gary. Well done the players. Well done the board.

Promotion. 

Fk the doubters.

Just now, Wet Wullie said:

That's harsh as fk. The remit for Bollan would have been to get promoted, he's achieved that. Get the fk off the guys back. It's not a popularity contest. 

Promotion. 

Fk the doubters.

11 Points clear changed the remit....screwed it up....but as i said well done today.

30 minutes ago, Wet Wullie said:

Promotion. 

Fk the doubters.

Don't often agree with TB but it's not harsh at all,  we had the league sewn up and were playing attractive attacking football for the first half of the season.  For some reason Bollan thought he'd change the system to a turgid defensive strategy that cost us the league.

Last 12 games (a third of the regular season) was bottom of the league/relegation territory, 11 points out of 36.

Guest bernardblack

Just enjoy the promotion eh? Hard to please everyone!

Well done Forfar. I attended this as a neutral and thought Forfar were head and shoulders abouve Peterhead as the score really suggests. Glad to have a derby next year, Forfar is a decent day out. 

Oh aye and I agree the pies are brutal. 

20 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Don't often agree with TB but it's not harsh at all,  we had the league sewn up and were playing attractive attacking football for the first half of the season.  For some reason Bollan thought he'd change the system to a turgid defensive strategy that cost us the league.

Last 12 games (a third of the regular season) was bottom of the league/relegation territory, 11 points out of 36.

But was your team promoted?

Totally get the fact that this could have very well went wrong for Forfar today. . . . . But it Didn't! 

Losing the lead and ultimately the league was a disaster, but they got a 2nd chance and took it. emphatically! I think some have it in for Bollan regardless. 

Promoted at first time of asking is an achievement. Be happy ffs.

What shan excuse is McInally using to account for his latest and most inexplicable playoff failure? Any manager with self-respect would have gone by now but McInally prefers to smear lies about his club's fanbase or deploy any other sort of fantasist drivel in order to buy him time.

His trick of publicly offering, then withdrawing his resignation based on results was used literally two years before he eventually got hounded out of Morton. Peterhead should have called his bluff during the league campaign as simply an abysmal manager.

Totally get the fact that this could have very well went wrong for Forfar today. . . . . But it Didn't! 
Losing the lead and ultimately the league was a disaster, but they got a 2nd chance and took it. emphatically! I think some have it in for Bollan regardless. 
Promoted at first time of asking is an achievement. Be happy ffs.

Missing the point that it did go very wrong for Forfar during the season and Bollan has to take the rap for it.
Hats off to him for the last 4 games but that was the way we were already playing before he decided to change it to relegation style football and stuck with it week in week out.
Personally I'm happy as Larry at the moment but the last 4 games shouldn't have happened and we are already behind other teams in L1 in getting a team together for next season.

Bollan's target at the start of the season was promotion. Yeah we weren't that great in the last 10 or so games but we're back up!
Bollan's done well to rally the troops to get over the heartbreak of losing the league like we did, I thought we'd never go up after losing the league to Arbroath, personally thought he'd lost the dressing room but he's rallied the troops round got them playing with confidence again!

Football this season has been far better under Bollan than Dick, arguably Bollan was probably the wrong decision, but he's got us up to League 1, which was surely the target at the start of the season, Job done in my opinion!

8 hours ago, Wet Wullie said:

Promotion. 

Fk the doubters.

You need to relax and look at the bigger picture. The league was won, or should have been, but managerial decisions fucked that up and resulted in Forfar getting there by way of coming second. 

Archived