Name the Scottish Grounds in the 60's

9 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Annfield, Stirling?

well done to the sharp eyed Cowdenbeath. That's Annfield House in the background, once where Albion changed and now a nursing home (which some might find appropriate...) 

15/23 which I'm delighted with as the photos are from about 30 years before I was born. Process of elimination and landmarks behind were useful for narrowing it down (Crane behind Cappielow was a giveaway). 

Forthbank stadium didn't exist at the time but was listed as an option in 3 or 4 pics. Stirling Albion played at Annfied in that era. The earlier Fortbank, of Kings Park, in Stirling was bombed out of existence during the war.

On 5/20/2017 at 00:32, tamthebam said:

well done to the sharp eyed Cowdenbeath. That's Annfield House in the background, once where Albion changed and now a nursing home (which some might find appropriate...) 

Its the Annfield House which gave it away Tam, although I remember having a look up there many years ago to see what the old ground looked like.

4 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

Forthbank stadium didn't exist at the time but was listed as an option in 3 or 4 pics. Stirling Albion played at Annfied in that era. The earlier Fortbank, of Kings Park, in Stirling was bombed out of existence during the war.

_46343596_forthbank.jpg

SJ-25-07-1940-1.jpg

http://lintel.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c5d3b53ef01a73e1a0553970d-800wi

Archived