ITV (Some) Leaders' Debate 18th May

8 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I live half a mile or so away and would pass through several times per week. Got friends who live there and their quality of life has deteriorated due to overload of the system. 

Are you really interested in the root causes of the problems, the reasons for them, how much can be done and who can help the most though?

If Sturgeon was MP for Morningside would you credit her with the wealth and living conditions of the people who live in the area?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

It is not my job to sort the mess in this area out. From what I gather things get gradually worse here. I am entitled to an opinion and the reason it was aired again was after listening to Sturgeons sound bites around everyone else's errors whilst this festering mess lies on her own doorstep. 

Ah, the battle cry of the idiot!

'Muh opinyin...me intituled tae it...yoo no say it wrang!! It canny be wrang cos it opinyin'

Was a pretty poor debate overall. It was a bit silly having some of the leaders outline their plans for the country when we kind of already know they won't be getting a sniff of power. Nuttall looked hilariously out of his depth to the point where I suspect they'll be begging to Farage to make his fifth comeback in a couple of weeks.

Govanhill 5 years ago.                                                                                                                                                                                                    

nice.png.494492568fc6dcc96ec1f17fe16d2cba.png   

Govanhill today.

Dhravi_Mumbai_ToGa_Wanderings.jpg.531e0f3246955fa887264949939dedc6.jpg

THE ESENNPEE AND WEE NIPPY HAVE PYOOR TURNT THIS PLAICE INTAE A SLUM !!!!!111

I doubt much more than a tiny percentage of the Unionists you see banging on about Govanhill these days have set foot in the place either (see also Glasgow and Scotland in a fair few cases).

Wee Krankie's constituency not being very nice seems to have entered the Unionist opinion tombola recently.

If the electorate of Glasgow Southside is as disgruntled with the performance of Nicola Sturgeon as their constituency MSP as the unionists on here claim, they could... vote her out. But she has a 10,000 majority and a 61.4% vote share (as of last year), so maybe she isn't doing as badly as the keyboard experts would like to believe. Time to accept the will of the people IMO. 

2 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Why don't you pay a visit and see for yourself. Speak with the locals and find out how appreciative they are of Sturgeon.   A modern day slum created on the watch of our first minister. 

If they weren't appreciative of her they wouldn't have voted her back in.

Have a word with yourself.  Your agenda is translucently thin.

2 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Why don't you pay a visit and see for yourself. Speak with the locals and find out how appreciative they are of Sturgeon.   A modern day slum created on the watch of our first minister. 

Running the country and overseeing the creation of a slum? Sturgeon's nothing if not productive, certainly.

2 hours ago, Shades75 said:

Are you really interested in the root causes of the problems, the reasons for them, how much can be done and who can help the most though?

If Sturgeon was MP for Morningside would you credit her with the wealth and living conditions of the people who live in the area?

Yes I would like to see the poverty, exploitation and poor living conditions improved as not nice for all concerned. If this was most other SNP elected members then I'd cut them some slack. It's more the fact Sturgeon is always promising the earth whilst ignoring this inconvenient truth closer to home. 

2 hours ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Ok, let's go through this step by step- what system is overloaded?

Influx of  people to the area without the necessary infrastructure to support them all

I've had this argument before about Govanhill and apparently it was a lovely place before Sturgeon arrived with her open doors immigration policy (Which is the root of all it's problems :rolleyes: )

I didn't believe the Rangers fan I was arguing with but I didn't have the knowledge to back up my argument. Was Govanhill a lovely place a few years back?

Does anyone know?

2 hours ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

What are the situations of your friends whose life has deteriorated?

Increase in crime around area. Less safe after dark. Living conditions deteriorated. Difficulty selling on a decent property as fewer people wish to move to the area. 

Who is responsible for immigration policy within the UK? There are parts of England which Westminster are responsible for and are slums. By Britnat logic, on that basis the UK is incapable of being independent and should allow a larger more competent country to administer it's affairs.

It is not my job to sort the mess in this area out. From what I gather things get gradually worse here. I am entitled to an opinion and the reason it was aired again was after listening to Sturgeons sound bites around everyone else's errors whilst this festering mess lies on her own doorstep. 

29d61978ab6e0cef500c51d0f16dd487.jpg

I was down south last few days and the usual bile and sneering arrogance from Tory Right wing press in full view down there, calling all the debaters last night an irrelevance.

That is just so typical of the sneering right wing Tories trying to demean the First Minister of Scotland, mark my words they have no respect for Scottish parliament and if it was possible for them to get away with it they would scrap it and repeal devolution.

Trust me if the Tories win this election with large majority and do reasonably well in Scotland we will soon be reminded of why they became so hated up here in first place

On 19/05/2017 at 20:27, AyrExile said:

Increase in crime around area. Less safe after dark. Living conditions deteriorated. Difficulty selling on a decent property as fewer people wish to move to the area. 

You couldn't be any more Tory if you tried.  Grow up.

Archived