ICT vs Motherwell (Operation Relegate Accies)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ropy said:

Samson was reported as having a tear in his groin before the Hamilton match.  I have to assume that he has been playing through it since August and it is sufficiently severe that it affects his fingers.

I find it hard to fathom that clubs in the top division continue to give him a chance. Everytime I seem to tune in to sportscene he seems to gift a goal or suspect goalkeeping at the very least.

12 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Seriously though, f**k Inverness. Foran needs relegating for that beard he grew, absolute no righter.

We were doing okay until he started with that beard - so you could be on to something.

Another get out of jail card. However even if we win on Saturday its having the uncomfortable situation that we have to rely on Dundee to do us a favour. Still, its nice to win again even if the Dundee win turns out to be another false dawn.

Motherwell may have nothing other than a couple of thousand quid more in prize money to aim for but they seemed motivated enough to beat Kilmarnock. So we will need to be as good if not better than last night to beat them.

7 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

We were doing okay until he started with that beard - so you could be on to something.

Indeed, it could have been that beard. Some big beards can be majestic, but Foran's and may I also say Fon Williams both looked like they regularly slept in the skips around the Longman. Not a coincidence that our form got worse as the beards lengthened.

20 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Another get out of jail card. However even if we win on Saturday its having the uncomfortable situation that we have to rely on Dundee to do us a favour. Still, its nice to win again even if the Dundee win turns out to be another false dawn.

Motherwell may have nothing other than a couple of thousand quid more in prize money to aim for but they seemed motivated enough to beat Kilmarnock. So we will need to be as good if not better than last night to beat them.

The problem is that ICT, Accies, Dundee and 'Well are all in the position that they are in because they are inconsistent and shite in equal measure - relying on anyone doing anyone else a favour is pretty pointless. 

FWIW - I think both ICT and Accies will win at the weekend.

I fancy us to get a result against Motherwell but I also think Accies will do the business against Dundee. They looked to be unfortunate against Ross Count the other night and if Dundee are as lethargic as they were last night Hamilton will have them on toast.

Still incredible that we are in with a chance of staying up (via the playoffs). Mind boggling.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is now massive.

Stupid question are either of this or accies game being televised?

Or are we just being treated to Celtic pumping hearts.

Just the two games being televised this weekend the more relevant to the Scottish leagues play off final between Alloa and Brechin on Alba and as you say Celtic v Hearts which is completely meaningless to anyone but Celtic fans or Sky TV........or Sevco fans.

Sometimes you just wish the tv companies could be more flexible when it comes to televising sport. Unfortunately everything gets chosen months ago and breaking the schedule upsets people. I don't know what else is on Saturday afternoon but what ever I doubt its something BT would be willing to drop for a relegation scrap which include the two smallest clubs with the two smallest support in the Scottish Premiership. Who outside Scotland is really going to be that bothered?

Edit - Saturday afternoon BT has Rugby on 1, Tennis on 2, German Football on 3 and German Touring Cars and the WRC on BT/Eurosport

Still, you don't have to watch Celtic celebrating finishing the season unbeaten, you can go and do something else less boring.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is now massive.

Stupid question are either of this or accies game being televised?

Or are we just being treated to Celtic pumping hearts.

The final games for the bottom 6 are scheduled for 3pm on Saturday so no TV coverage, unless you manage to find some streams on the internet.

7 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Good luck to our North Lanarkshire chums on Saturday. Win this one for your charitable & hospitable cuddly neighbours. Hands across the Clyde brothers!

A spot of begging, this is what we needed on this thread. Move along now.

Accies in the top flight is worth more to us. 

We pocket the extra cash from the league placing and let's face it next season Accies are certainties for the relegation spot while we get 4 local derbies and a haul of points.  7 this season wasn't it? 

Can probably aim for 10 next term.

We can still catch Killie...3 points and 3 goals in it. They lose and we win, and there only has to be 1 extra goal of a swing somewhere.

58 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Accies in the top flight is worth more to us. 

We pocket the extra cash from the league placing and let's face it next season Accies are certainties for the relegation spot while we get 4 local derbies and a haul of points.  7 this season wasn't it? 

Can probably aim for 10 next term.

8 points wasn't it? A win and a draw at both grounds

Archived