Forfar v Peterhead

14 minutes ago, Wet Wullie said:

I immediately assumed he took the right back off because he was on a yellow and was looking a tad vulnerable.

The last thing McInally needed was to go down to 9 men. For 2 reasons. . . 1 it was damage limitation for the last night, and 2 he would've been dealing with another suspension for Saturday. 

Not so baffling in my opinion. 

You may have been right but he was already on the yellow at the point that McMullin received his red.  If you are right with your thinking then it makes him even more incompetent than I have already suggested.  He could have performed a double substitution when he took Brown off and not have the team play three different formations in the space of five minutes.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, strichener said:

You may have been right but he was already on the yellow at the point that McMullin received his red.  If you are right with your thinking then it makes him even more incompetent than I have already suggested.  He could have performed a double substitution when he took Brown off and not have the team play three different formations in the space of five minutes.

You'll know better than me Re McInally's competence levels.

What I did notice is that panic set in the second the lad was sent packing. Forfar immediately sensed it and upped the ante. 

Your No11 looks a player btw. 

1 minute ago, Wet Wullie said:

You'll know better than me Re McInally's competence levels.

What I did notice is that panic set in the second the lad was sent packing. Forfar immediately sensed it and upped the ante. 

Your No11 looks a player btw. 

Yes, I don't disagree with that.  It appears that we have no idea how to play against 10 or with 10.

I don't have the team lines from last night but I think this was Grant Anderson.  He hasn't done much for us this year TBH but we are quite capable of taking highly skilled players and de-skilling them.  It is what happens time and again, expect him to be gone next season to be the Player of the Year at his new club with 30 goals!!!

2 hours ago, strichener said:

Sorry, not having you blame Ross for the second.  Smith has to take that cross in his six yard box.  No ifs, no buts.

I would like to say that awful officiating was the problem but it quite clearly wasn't.  WTF was Jim doing?  We lose a defender to a dodgy red card and take off a midfielder to put on a replacement at the back.  No problem with this, it was the next substitution that was completely baffling - take off a defender and put on an attacker no more than 5 minutes after the first change.  Completely baffling.

Given how both teams have played this year, it would be an absolute travesty to see us remain in League 1 and I would wish Forfar all the best for next season should they win over the two legs but the manner of the defeat last night has me raging.

Had another look at the footage and you may have a point.  I assumed from the viewing that he was playing the Forfar attacker onside as it looked like the line had stepped up, but it maybe isn't that clear. The whole back line looked caught out by that ball back in.

Agree with the rest of your comment. I am only annoyed as although it may have been dodgy officiating we have so often been the cause of our own problems and never seem to learn from it.

Peterhead fans can't seriously be upset with Finnie? He gave yous virtually everything the whole game!

Still undecided on the sending off for Peterhead though, Initial thought was penalty, but highlights deem would of been a soft penalty!
Sending off though a bit harsh, but you win some you lose some!

As for the rest of the game, first half our attack was non existent, second half came out a bit more better, although still don't think we played that great, bit slack with passes last night.

Big question to be asked, how does Eddie Malone still merit a place in the starting 11? Baffling by Bollan, some strike from Foxy! We all know what he's capable of, it's a shame Bollan doesn't really rate him, will be sad to see him go! Guessing his appreciation of the fans after his goal was his farewell send off!

16 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Peterhead fans can't seriously be upset with Finnie? He gave yous virtually everything the whole game!

Still undecided on the sending off for Peterhead though, Initial thought was penalty, but highlights deem would of been a soft penalty!

As for the rest of the game, first half our attack was non existent, second half came out a bit more better, although still don't think we played that great, bit slack with passes last night.

Big question to be asked, how does Eddie Malone still merit a place in the starting 11? Baffling by Bollan, some strike from Foxy! We all know what he's capable of, it's a shame Bollan doesn't really rate him, will be sad to see him go! Guessing his appreciation of the fans after his goal was his farewell send off!

Malone was terrible, doesn't even look like a footballer.

There's a Wee player in the youths that can fill the void when/if Foxy goes. Frankie Devine. Every time I've watched him, he's strolled the game. Technically very good, and can take a goal too. Quite slight in build but I reckon he's ready to be thrown in. 

I am really hoping Foxy has one of those in the tank for Sat.Sitting in is not going to work.As someone else said 1 goal ahead might suit us better than trying to protect a two goal lead like at Alloa 2 years ago.Plenty work to do yet.

Ok first half, poor second half but the thing we knew before a ball was kicked was that Stephen Finnie is & has always been a complete fud & a disgrace of an official, obviously he gets things wrong for other teams as well but over a period of time he has done nothing to make us feel we will get a fair crack at the whip with him in charge. The game certainly changed with the sending off so job done for Finnie once again.

17 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Ok first half, poor second half but the thing we knew before a ball was kicked was that Stephen Finnie is & has always been a complete fud & a disgrace of an official, obviously he gets things wrong for other teams as well but over a period of time he has done nothing to make us feel we will get a fair crack at the whip with him in charge. The game certainly changed with the sending off so job done for Finnie once again.

I think you should have a word with diver, before you point fingers at the ref. 

2 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

:huh:

If by "gave yous (sic) virtually everything the whole game!" you mean cards then ye he did.

Looking forward to the game this weekend.

Balmoor is one of my favourite moors.

Fucking sicko!!!! Profile picture of that scumbag lowest of the low. Either very immature or just a sad ass hole!

7 hours ago, doulikefish said:

6217cca7e48349e3796236ab2c58b56c.jpg

I concede there was a bit of unintentional contact he was already throwing himself down. Definite game changer though but was a cert for a red card as soon as he got his first yellow, he couldn't cope with Bain, Cox or Denholm running at him so would've without doubt got a second yellow sooner or later.

3 hours ago, IanBridie said:

Very good result after going down early on.

I have full confidence that we'll bury them without trace in the 2nd leg.

2 hours ago, IanBridie said:

Looking forward to the game this weekend.

Balmoor is one of my favourite moors.

I don't usually use profanity on forums but you, you sick c**t, f*ck off.

4 hours ago, tbsouth said:

A photo doesn't tell us it was a penalty, watching the highlights 3 or 4 times tells us it was a dive though.

Where are these highlights from the behind the goal camera?  Surely you can't be talking about the highlights taken from the half-way line at the opposite side of the pitch?????

Archived