Forfar v Peterhead

Great position to be in going in to Saturday. 1 goal advantage means, unlike 2 seasons ago, we can't just go and (try to) defend. Did Swanks not miss the 2nd leg of the Alloa playoff game too? Maybe doesn't like the pressure? :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Wet Wullie said:

Swankie was anonymous tonight. Certainly won't be missed playing like that. 

Not his fault I thought.

The way we set up we were far too deep, with no support for Lister. Swanks definitely plays best just behind the front man but was left sitting almost on the 18 yard line for the best part of the first half.

McAllister is some player but what a complete fud of a man.

A few snaps from the sidelines from tonight for my Angus Neighbours - https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157683949170955

Always had a soft spot for Trav and his family.

As a neutral - game of two halves! McAllister is one of those players that you love him if he is plays for you, but all other fans no doubt can't stand him.

I thought Peterhead were well on top with 11 men, but Forfar did really well when they went down to 10 men.  Foxy's goal was a screamer.  I think the tie is definitely yours to take.  I'm not sure Peterhead will be as dangerous without McAllister.   Whatever happens - good luck.

IMG_6573 copy.jpg

two bookings in consecutive games for "simulation" - seems like Peterhead need to get their "acting" house in order. Rory throws a hissy fit like the petulant spoiled child that he is - nae change there. enjoy the second leg bridie munchers.

What am I missing with swankie? Suspended?

Presume we are talking about him coming off injured.I wasn't there but presume that is the reason.Hopefully one or both of Lister/Swankie makes it.

Thanks for the highlights. Couldn't make it down last night but the two Forfar goals are very typical of the us this season - the Forfar player had acres of space for the first and Scott Ross was defending the second. We don't seem to have learned any lessons about defending or discipline in the last 18 months and we will only have ourselves to blame if we go down. I thought it looked like there was some contact for the 'dive' but hard to tell and the ref probably had a better view than the camera.

Be a tough second leg without Rory and I am not sure where the goals will come from. 

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

Thanks for the highlights. Couldn't make it down last night but the two Forfar goals are very typical of the us this season - the Forfar player had acres of space for the first and Scott Ross was defending the second. We don't seem to have learned any lessons about defending or discipline in the last 18 months and we will only have ourselves to blame if we go down. I thought it looked like there was some contact for the 'dive' but hard to tell and the ref probably had a better view than the camera.

Be a tough second leg without Rory and I am not sure where the goals will come from. 

Sorry, not having you blame Ross for the second.  Smith has to take that cross in his six yard box.  No ifs, no buts.

Once again, no consistency from Finnie.  Anderson taken out after beating the number 6 out wide - No Action.  Reid booked after taking out the Forfar number 2 in what looked like an attempt to get the ball.  Later on Forfar No 6 booked for mouthing.  He should have been off.  None of this is a surprise when Finnie is in charge.

I would like to say that awful officiating was the problem but it quite clearly wasn't.  WTF was Jim doing?  We lose a defender to a dodgy red card and take off a midfielder to put on a replacement at the back.  No problem with this, it was the next substitution that was completely baffling - take off a defender and put on an attacker no more than 5 minutes after the first change.  Completely baffling.

Given how both teams have played this year, it would be an absolute travesty to see us remain in League 1 and I would wish Forfar all the best for next season should they win over the two legs but the manner of the defeat last night has me raging.

27 minutes ago, strichener said:

No problem with this, it was the next substitution that was completely baffling - take off a defender and put on an attacker no more than 5 minutes after the first change.  Completely baffling.

I immediately assumed he took the right back off because he was on a yellow and was looking a tad vulnerable.

The last thing McInally needed was to go down to 9 men. For 2 reasons. . . 1 it was damage limitation for the last night, and 2 he would've been dealing with another suspension for Saturday. 

Not so baffling in my opinion. 

Archived