Selling / Scrapping a car.

3 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Car take back.com  are coming tomorrow to take our car that we've had for the last 11 years, 

We brought our twins home from the hospital in it, 10 years ago.

Am I getting too sentimental?

Mrs Ned was devastaed when we traded in the car we'd used to bring the kids home in - there were actual tears.

About a week later we had a visit from the police because the car, which was still registered to us, had been used in an armed robbery down South. I thought it was brilliant and the car had had one last hoo-ha but mrs Ned was in floods of tears again.

(About 2 years ago you'd have gotten 3 to 4 times more for your car through CarTakeBack - the cheaper price brought about by the situation in the Ukraine apparently)

FWIW I recently sold a car on Gumtreee for 'Spares and Repairs', the number of eejits who got in touch was phenomenal - most of them using no-punctuation and just two-word e-mails. I had one guy repeatedly ask if he could have the RAC look at it to which I kept telling him the car was deed and there was no point in having it inspected ... turns out he wanted me to pretend I'd just broken down and it was roadside assistance he wanted to diagnose what was wrong with it.

I've had a license for 36 years as I am an old b*****d, and have driven works vans, company cars, other peoples cars and had to drive slightly more years on the right hand side than the left.
I have never owned/bought a car.

Never even had an inclination to buy one and never got the appeal of it.

I am popular with taxi drivers.

8 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Car take back.com  are coming tomorrow to take our car that we've had for the last 11 years, 

We brought our twins home from the hospital in it, 10 years ago.

Am I getting too sentimental?

Yes. Get it to f**k, it's a lump of metal. If your missus has a name for it, get her to f**k as well. After a kick in the pie of course.

Archived