ROYAL ALBERT

Mr.Albert

Strange that this has been switched straightaway. Why not moved, to somewhere local? e.g. to Carluke's plastic - they are Away.

Undermines the spirit of the draw - a 'higher' club drawn to go Away to a 'lower' club is amongst the things that make Cup competitions intriguing - a banana skin possible giant killing. Immediately switching it to be a Home tie for the 'higher' club kills the romance of the cup.

1 hour ago, LeedsPhil said:

Strange that this has been switched straightaway. Why not moved, to somewhere local? e.g. to Carluke's plastic - they are Away.

Undermines the spirit of the draw - a 'higher' club drawn to go Away to a 'lower' club is amongst the things that make Cup competitions intriguing - a banana skin possible giant killing. Immediately switching it to be a Home tie for the 'higher' club kills the romance of the cup.

For your information Carlukes Park was booked out all other local teams were at home a couple of teams when asked about us using their pitch refused which is understandable considering the weather, we tried to get Petershill park also but it was also booked out.

At the time Jamie spoke to the Times the intention was to play the game at our park, as we wanted to play Pollok at our park as it would be a advantage for us .

It was not until late Wednesday afternoon that the council told us the extent of the damage done to the drains and told us that the park wouldn't be playable for at least a month.

Thank god u weren't playing Darvel eh mr.albert or they'd have declared world war 3 !! Only after informing the Daily Record first mind !!!! [emoji16]

And advertising the chairman's pie company of course !

He’s a tremendous player, Davie. Has he not told you about the goal he scored against Hurlford (when they were a good team.)
Ran from his own penalty spot, beat every one who was from Hurlford, then lashed it into the net from 18yds.
Don’t think he mentions it much though.

I’d prefer not to talk about that too much. I don’t like living in the past [emoji6].....

It was against Wishaw and we were down to 9 men. If Archie McPherson was commentating he would have let out a WOOOOOOOF

hope to see you Saturday [emoji1303]

31 minutes ago, nizzynizbit said:

I’d prefer not to talk about that too much. I don’t like living in the past emoji6.png.....

It was against Wishaw and we were down to 9 men. If Archie McPherson was commentating he would have let out a WOOOOOOOF

hope to see you Saturday emoji1303.png

It was  a great run and goal by Jamie.  Grrrrrr.!!!!

6 hours ago, Mr.Albert said:

For your information Carlukes Park was booked out all other local teams were at home a couple of teams when asked about us using their pitch refused which is understandable considering the weather, we tried to get Petershill park also but it was also booked out.

Thanks for answering my 'Why?' Q. Good to hear that you had endeavoured to find a 'move' solution before succumbing to a pragmatic 'switch'. Good luck for a giant-killing on Saturday !

Alberts,David Hamilton’s goal reminded me of Kai Johansen’s strike in the 1966 Scottish Cup Final Replay.
After a bad start, Albert played well yesterday. Thought they showed a lot more character in the 2nd half.
Up until Butch headed Pollok’s 4th goal, Albert looked the team most likely to score.
But Pollok are a fine side, & they played some very entertaining football.

16 hours ago, cotter said:

Albert unlucky few cheap goals

Cant say we were unlucky gave away bad goals took us to long to get into the game,  keeper kept the score down.

Disappointing we didn't do ourselves justice in the game.   Beat by  better team good luck to Pollok in the next round .

Got them again in two weeks in the West of Scotland Cup.

It was good to see the Larkhall teams give a good account of themselves in the Scottish I know they got beat but by watching the highlights of the Albert game and the comment that came from the Kilwinning fans hopefully the 2 teams can kick on

Archived