Rangers v Aberdeen

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, anotherchance said:

Full strength team, a win in a (presumably?) full house in Glasgow would be a shot in the arm ahead of the final.

1-2

I doubt it.  OK so it's our last home game but it's a nothing match (for us) and one saw on Saturday that many players have handed in their keys at reception.  I;d be amazed if it topped 40,000.

I was there the last time The Dandies won, against the tenants at that time. If memory serves they were called Rangers.

It seems like a lifetime ago. We've got to win there at some point, but can't see it this time. I reckon it'll be a rare 0-0, so get your money on BTTS.

I can see this being a draw. Barrie McKay seems to be hitting a bit of form, his goal v Thistle was lovely. He annoys me because, much like James Forrest, I made up my mind that he was shite a long time ago, and I'm loathed to change my mind. So instead I just get rattled when he's good, and do a smug I-told-u-so face when he's shite. About 50-50 this season from what I gather? Kenny Miller still has the midas touch and the world's most punchable bollock face, and I'd like it if he didn't score this time. 

3 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

I can see this being a draw. Barrie McKay seems to be hitting a bit of form, his goal v Thistle was lovely. He annoys me because, much like James Forrest, I made up my mind that he was shite a long time ago, and I'm loathed to change my mind. So instead I just get rattled when he's good, and do a smug I-told-u-so face when he's shite. About 50-50 this season from what I gather? Kenny Miller still has the midas touch and the world's most punchable bollock face, and I'd like it if he didn't score this time. 

2-0 Sevco then.  Miller and McKay.  Put it on your coupon.

Only change I would make from Friday's team would be enforced: Christie in for the suspended Hayes, which is a real blow. I had some pre-match reservations about him on Friday, but O'Connor had a decent game in midfield once he settled down and I'm happy to keep him there - although we admittedly don't have a wealth of options to call upon. None of our defenders played well on Friday, but with both O'Connor and Shinnie required in midfield there isn't really much room for rotation.

I would probably stick with Stockley over Rooney, too; although Stockley doesn't match Rooney's instincts in the penalty box, I think he is generally better at making a pest of himself outside the area than Rooney is. I do have a fear that Stockley is a walking red card and he can certainly leave plenty to be desired technically, but I would be willing to give him another shot at this from the off - if it's not working by half-time or early in the second half, we can make a change then. 

I also expect a draw here. Although, if our defenders replicate their performances from either the first 10 minutes on Friday or last 15 minutes from the 3-0 defeat to Rangers at Pittodrie, they will likely nick it. I would undoubtedly be more confident of victory with Hayes playing, but it is certainly a winnable game if we approach it correctly, don't commit any silly mistakes and manage to keep the concentration levels up for 90+ minutes.

8/5 is a huge price for Sevco given our record against teams that play there, past and present

An insurance bet may be in order

43 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

So is that 51 or 52 games?

Not quite. Remember we have only played there twice in 5 years. 

Once vs Sevco and once vs St Johnstone. 

Anyway, I predict rage, seethe and whataboutery to be the order of the day.

I think the most recent franchise to play out of the bigotdome just need to set themselves up to defend again 100's of footballs aimlessly punted up the park.

93rd minute winner for the ***'s

Archived