Brechin 1 v 2 Alloa, Alloa 4 v 1 Brechin

Brilliant game with both managers and teams going for it. Not often a 4th placed team wins through - well done City.
Commiserations to Alloa.

I might be wrong, but the last time a fourth placed team was promoted though the play-offs was when we triumphed at Airdrie to get us into the Championship six years ago.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok time to take a breath. What a fantastic game. Hard luck Alloa . I know you guys were well ahead of us in the league and its a tough one to take but we are up as according to the league rules set out at the start of the season. Pens was always going to be the only one of us would emerge as victors. Wish you all the best for next season. I for one am going to enjoy every minute of next seasons Championship no matter how hard it gets. What a day . Someone hopefully will have cable tied James Dale to something solid during the shandies last night to stop him heading back south next season. Arise Sir Darren and Sir Bails you both truly are wizards ........thanks for all the good will messages on here from fans of other clubs .....away to have a lie down now.....

When's the DVD out? Basically a complete rip off of the iPlayer footage but with a volunteer doing the English voice over, ideally in a 'Radio Clyde - What a goal from James McFadden!' type fashion.

That said, it would probably just be a series of "unbelievable from Brechin! All they have to do now is hold on for a glorious and unexpected promotion to the... oh no, this looks like a dangerous... oh **** right off "s.

5 hours ago, throbber said:

Nah i was just on the beers!

What a shock.

Anyway, looking forward to Brechin next season. Last time I was there was the opening game of season 15/16 where we won 1-6.

I have just watched the whole thing again this morning with a thumping hangover. What a game. This has to be up there as one of , if not the best day in my time supporting this fantastic club.  A wonderful day leading to a fantastic night of celebration. 

As was said before, this is what supporting a wee club is all about. Memories to cherish for years . But jeez did they not put us through torture ?  

A big mention to Alloa who gave their all in a great match and also to their fans who applauded not only their own team at the end but ours as well.  Jim Goodwin also was very gracious . Not always easy in situations like these.   Well done to you all and hope we meet again next season in the championship. 

The Championship.   Who would have believed it ???  

1 hour ago, hedgeinthesouth said:

Best football game I've ever been to every player was tremendous onwards to the championship emoji41.png

it must have been a great game for a neutral , painfull end for me though , only complaint i have was the sole brechin player goading the alloa fans , not cool!

16 hours ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I did think that at the time...

To be fair though, Dale is a midfielder like Hopkin, so that's all that seems to matter.emoji15.png

He's got a midfielder fixation, think he's already got about 20 signed up for next season.:blink::lol:

He did praise both team's number 9's too though.

Well done to both teams for serving up a cracker ..Alloa have done us twice before in Play Offs so we were due them one .. 6 great goals .I genuinely think without our horror injury epidemic mid season we d finished 2nd or 3rd..Ill be first to admit I hated Darrens defensive tatics for most of the season but know its all paid off .Good to see so many brechiners down yesterday hopefully a few will keep coming back ... 

As for nxt season we ll just treat it as an adventure we know it ll be hard but just getting up means everything ... Don t know if i d release any of them Caldwell especially i think deserves a 2nd chance he was well up for it yesterday but unfortunatly got hooked in a tatical switch.Will club have made money for getting promotion ?.

What an unbelievable 10 days that's been. Feel totally worn out just watching that. The players must be shattered. We'll done City, that was a fantastic achievement. To think that just less than two years ago Darren only had 6 or 7 signed players to start with then 14 months ago we were staring relagation in the eye to taking us to the championship. That is some achievement in its self.
Bring it on, can't wait and will enjoy every moment win or lose.
Lastly, thought the Alloa fans were great at the end.
Good luck for next season.

Archived