Brechin 1 v 2 Alloa, Alloa 4 v 1 Brechin

Well played. Assuming Hedgecutter is on the pitch?

Correct.

This and the Raith away game in 7 days is really, really not healthy. Glad you lot enjoyed it, I personally found it absolutely horrible to watch bar four magnificent moments (three of which were annoyingly short lived):

Stephen's bridies here we come. Won't need Forfar's for another season. [emoji3]

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant game with both managers and teams going for it. Not often a 4th placed team wins through - well done City.

Commiserations to Alloa.

Just saw on twitter, don't know if it's been mentioned on here, I've not read through it all but Brechin are the first Scottish team to gain promotion having lost more games than they won and finished on - goal difference as well. 

Quite the stat

Really good game to watch and great advert for the league after the dire 1st leg game.

Be interesting what happens to Alloa team now ,will they all stick together and have another go next season .Good to see young Adam Martin getting on and hopefully progress in team ,hopefully Declan McDonald will get a run out too as he is a good prospect as well. 

Just saw on twitter, don't know if it's been mentioned on here, I've not read through it all but Brechin are the first Scottish team to gain promotion having lost more games than they won and finished on - goal difference as well. 
Quite the stat

When Dumbarton won the play offs five years ago, we had a gd of 0 which was a first for a promoted club. So well done to Brechin for your own wee bit of history. My team have proved that a part time team can establish themselves in the Championship, so don't have any fear and have a go at it. Not at our expense obvs [emoji6]

Just home, long day and ultimately very disappointing. Couple of big calls went against us over the two games but we still had enough chances to win and have only ourselves to blame. Leaving Spence out on Wednesday and changing our approach in particular  was moronic. He was fantastic today. 

I'd be lying if I said I felt Brechin deserve to go up over the season. It's a striking stat that they are the first side to go up having lost more games than they won and conceded more goals than they scored.  They have, however, shown terrific spirit and determination over the past fortnight and found form at the perfect time. Congratulations to them and all the best for next season.

Finally, hope the guy who collapsed in the closing stages of extra time is ok. Would surely have been better to move the pens to the other end in the circumstances. 

3 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

This might sound controversial, but the current SPFL set up is not helping Scottish football, We have approximately 10 clubs that can sustain full-time football based on their fan-base, another 10 or so capable of surviving at full-time based on their league position, another 10 who could potentially sustain full-time football if they achieved Premiership status. In the bigger picture, what we need is an expansion of the top two top leagues to allow a second tier that can accommodate a mixture of full-time and part-time sides where "smaller" clubs can aim to progress without making themselves financially vulnerable... 

f**k right off.   Teams get promoted on merit of the rules that are laid out at the start of each season. If people want to change the rules mid season to suit their own personal agenda then that is the time to question Scottish football. 

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

Just home, long day and ultimately very disappointing. Couple of big calls went against us over the two games but we still had enough chances to win and have only ourselves to blame. Leaving Spence out on Wednesday and changing our approach in particular  was moronic. He was fantastic today. 

I'd be lying if I said I felt Brechin deserve to go up over the season. It's a striking stat that they are the first side to go up having lost more games than they won and conceded more goals than they scored.  They have, however, shown terrific spirit and determination over the past fortnight and found form at the perfect time. Congratulations to them and all the best for next season.

Finally, hope the guy who collapsed in the closing stages of extra time is ok. Would surely have been better to move the pens to the other end in the circumstances. 

To be fair we prob shipped an estimated 12 to 16 pts with our horrendous injury list for the 10 weeks mid season ? 

Great to see so many messages from fans of other clubs. I personally look forward to welcoming Dunfermline to the Glebe their supporters are in my opinion some of the best in Scotland who do not look down on wee teams like Brechin and they love our hedge and our soup.

Who will be our Derby game this year ?

Firstly, congratulations to Brechin. Been tremendous over the four playoff games and thoroughly deserve to go up. Enjoy the Championship P&B Brechin fans.

As for Alloa, it's been a cracking season and we've just fallen short at the final hurdle. Thanks to big Jim (and Jack Ross) plus all his staff and players. Special mention to Greig Spence whose hatrick left him on 26 goals equalling our post war record for a season.

ETA Hope the guy who was unwell at the end is OK. It was bizarre watching tge penalties while he was being tended to in the middle of the crowd.

Archived