Brechin 1 v 2 Alloa, Alloa 4 v 1 Brechin

11 minutes ago, Waspie said:

It's the first turnstile on the road into Alloa and therefore quite appropriate for the away fans to use it.

You should get together with the Falkirk fan who stands behind tall fans then complains about the view, you would get on great.

I see the club's intention but we will be coming back up from the town after having a few pints . 

I actually like going to Alloa but we always get the impression that away fans are not really that important. We are used to all fans being able to mingle and chat if they want to at the glebe and everyone treated equally.   It's not as if Alloa are much different a club  to ourselves after all. 

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, frustrates me when Brechin fans play this massive underdog card. Every alloa fan has emphasised how close this tie is going to be & how play offs anything goes. I for one have not read a single report that indicates that "Alloa will cruise back into the championship". Gotta to go in with confidence though, play the way we are capable of playing & we will win. Definitely won't be easy though.

39 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I see the club's intention but we will be coming back up from the town after having a few pints . 

I actually like going to Alloa but we always get the impression that away fans are not really that important. We are used to all fans being able to mingle and chat if they want to at the glebe and everyone treated equally.   It's not as if Alloa are much different a club  to ourselves after all. 

What do you want, a barbershop quartet at the turnstile?

Its the Hedge in general has a go at us City fans on here as well .. Just seem s to hunt a reaction .. Hes harmless really...You ll see him at every City game small lad beatles haircut and dark glasses aged about 55 :whistle

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

What's the story on Saturday down there btw ?  Will it be reduced admission prices or just the same  ridiculous £16 and herded to the furthest away turnstile ? 

Perhaps a Catch 22 in regards to that. Alloa win 4-0 tonight and you'd maybe get in for free, although probably not bother going anyway. A tight game tonight then it'll definitely be full admission as a few extra quid (above your perceived value) won't stop a football supporter going to watch their team in the most important game of their season.

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

What do you want, a barbershop quartet at the turnstile?

Nah that wid be a bit cheesy .  

Maybe a ticket for the 50/50 though. ;)

6 minutes ago, Sevennil said:

Perhaps a Catch 22 in regards to that. Alloa win 4-0 tonight and you'd maybe get in for free, although probably not bother going anyway. A tight game tonight then it'll definitely be full admission as a few extra quid (above your perceived value) won't stop a football supporter going to watch their team in the most important game of their season.

I take it you didn't read the full post ?   We will be there regardless. 

I thought it might have been a nice gesture from your club to reward the fans for their support over the season but  hey ho !  Who am I to bring sentiment into the equation !  :whistle

17 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Its the Hedge in general has a go at us City fans on here as well .. Just seem s to hunt a reaction .. Hes harmless really...You ll see him at every City game small lad beatles haircut and dark glasses aged about 55 :whistle

:lol:  The irony. 

19 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

They did award us for our support. All season tickets valid. Reward those who've been week in and week out!

Fair shout , although I would reckon there are quite a few who pay at the gate every week like our club .  They might not matter though ! :whistle

24 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

They did award us for our support. All season tickets valid. Reward those who've been week in and week out!

Rewarded those that bought season tickets only. There are plenty of regulars that don't get to all games, but probably pay as much at the gate over the season. The likes of Cadger hasn't got a season ticket this year, but add in travels and he'll have seen more games than most of the season ticket holders. So who deserves an award most? The point is that the majority of clubs reduce prices for these games and we have never. The award season ticket holders are getting is just one they used to get up until the club stopped it a few years ago. Just for once it would nice to see an effort made to boost the home crowd in a big game. 

I'm not denying that. Of course there is people like that. It was the way the Brechin fan said that Alloa haven't rewarded their fans in these play offs by reducing the price & I believe to some extent (maybe not what everyone would have wanted) they have rewarded us.

2 minutes ago, Tamhain said:

The likes of Cadger hasn't got a season ticket this year, but add in travels and he'll have seen more games than most of the season ticket holders. So who deserves an award most? 

Poor example mate. I don't think the boy has paid in all season :-)

12 minutes ago, Tamhain said:

Rewarded those that bought season tickets only. There are plenty of regulars that don't get to all games, but probably pay as much at the gate over the season. The likes of Cadger hasn't got a season ticket this year, but add in travels and he'll have seen more games than most of the season ticket holders. So who deserves an award most? The point is that the majority of clubs reduce prices for these games and we have never. The award season ticket holders are getting is just one they used to get up until the club stopped it a few years ago. Just for once it would nice to see an effort made to boost the home crowd in a big game. 

Thank you .  Well explained. 

A tight game tonight then it'll definitely be full admission as a few extra quid (above your perceived value) won't stop a football supporter going to watch their team in the most important game of their season.

Raith dropped their admission to £5 going into the game 1-1. Just saying.

Archived