Ruth Davidson.

Im_Rodger

Heard a suggestion the other day that if the Scots Tories become sufficiently pissed off that they may opt for an Independent (pun definitely intended) Scottish Tory party.

When wee Ruthie got the gig, I'm sure Murdo Fraser was pushing for this. Does anyone think it is a goer and if it did happen what would be the consequences for them, as it would kind of destroy their 'Stronger together in the UK' arguments against independence

Sturgeon must be loving this right now. Both Labour and the Tories absolutely destroying themselves very publicly. It's the stuff of SNP dreams

Could do as there is no pressure on her from her party in Scotland or the media despite winning f**k all in 8 years as leader

Apart from the Tory gains in Scotland that kept them in power in 2017. Not sure if that was down to her though, or if she gets the credit for it.

2 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Heard a suggestion the other day that if the Scots Tories become sufficiently pissed off that they may opt for an Independent (pun definitely intended) Scottish Tory party.

When wee Ruthie got the gig, I'm sure Murdo Fraser was pushing for this. Does anyone think it is a goer and if it did happen what would be the consequences for them, as it would kind of destroy their 'Stronger together in the UK' arguments against independence

Sturgeon must be loving this right now. Both Labour and the Tories absolutely destroying themselves very publicly. It's the stuff of SNP dreams

The first problem with that is that it only really works if there is ever a scenario where a hypothetical Scottish Tory party would vote no confidence in a Tory government or vote for another one. Maybe, a few years back they may have done a deal with Blair or Brown but those days are passed and I don't exactly see them making a list of demands and threatening to collapse a Tory government over anything.

The second is that Davidson isn't the leader of the MPs at Westminster and many of them don't give a f**k about what she says - 5 of the 13 voted for Boris in the very first ballot against her wishes of Gove. They have no reason to listen to her.

56 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Scotland’s Tories are too wee, too poor, and too stupid to be independent.  How would they fill the black hole in their finances - order Mundell to sell his body? I can’t see it. Not that I can’t see him doing what he’s told; I just can’t see him making much.

They won't do that.

Even when Murdo Fraser suggested it (back when they were really unpopular) they didn't do it.

They are all talk. Look at Ruth, Mundell - mind when they won those seats in 17? ''We'll hold the UK Govt to account" etc.

Mundell spouted some amount of shite about threatening this or that. In the end, he was SACKED didn't walk.

They are weasely wee weasels. Ruth will follow suit, she might talk some shite but in the end she'll back BoJo just like their 13 Scots Tory MPs will too.

1 hour ago, Kejan said:

They won't do that.

Even when Murdo Fraser suggested it (back when they were really unpopular) they didn't do it.

They are all talk. Look at Ruth, Mundell - mind when they won those seats in 17? ''We'll hold the UK Govt to account" etc.

Mundell spouted some amount of shite about threatening this or that. In the end, he was SACKED didn't walk.

They are weasely wee weasels. Ruth will follow suit, she might talk some shite but in the end she'll back BoJo just like their 13 Scots Tory MPs will too.

I genuinely don’t understand how even those who oppose Scotland’s independence can look at this passel of cuntbubbles and think, “yeah - they’re our top lads”. I mean, putting the Scottish sovereignty issue completely to the side, these people are soulless, flip-flopping, manipulative, shameless, mendacious lying crapwits. Why would BritNats even *want* to be associated with them? Shouldn’t they be hoping for competent and cuddly faces to front the “No Scotland” argument?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Apart from the Tory gains in Scotland that kept them in power in 2017. Not sure if that was down to her though, or if she gets the credit for it.

I think you'll find it was a bribe to the DUP that kept them in power in 2017. 

14 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

I think you'll find it was a bribe to the DUP that kept them in power in 2017. 

...and continues to do so. Funnily enough, the BBC have mentioned the slightness of the majority with the upcoming Breconshire Bye-election imminent. Strangely , while various talking head have mentioned figures from one to four, dependent on holding or losing this seat, they all, without exception, ignore the fact that they're including the DUP seats as a given. With the Irish border about to sail back to the front of considerations, I'm not sure that's a wise assumption. Unless it's Money Tree harvest time again...

16 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Can't see it happening. Boris would tell the hacks up north to take the kid gloves on and show her up instead of taking everything she says and reporting it without question. She has too cushty a number to make too many waves and knows she would be very easy to replace.

Edited by Ross.

36 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Branding, you say?

Image result for ruth davidson's scottish conservatives

I always thought it hilarious that these clowns were actively campaigning to lose the election and oppose the winners. Has any party ever appealed to voters to make it the most successful of the losers?

Boris has appointed an English MP from Worcester to the Scotland Office.

That's an extraordinary snub to Ruth Davidson to the point of it looks like he's actually trolling her.

Ross Thomson will be back down in Strangers Bar drowning his sorrows too.

Bow down to your Imperial Masters Ruth 😂

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You've been warned. 

EAayCacW4AA9tZq.jpg

If you have to be in the vicinity I'd suggest suitable protective gear.

roman-soldiers-in-testudo-formation.jpeg

Goodness!

I had no idea there was a library in Torry. Has anyone ever been seen inside it?