Ruth Davidson.

Im_Rodger

Spotted her on Ch 4 tonight. The interview looked as if it was not continuous ( It had been recorded  earlier) but it was largely the same soundbites/ false laughs and an admission that it would be cheeky for her to make suggestions about events in Westminster as she had been out the loop for 6 months.  Still saying we need compromise on Brexit,  but no suggestions as to what they might be.  More tomorrow of the same -thank goodness I will be on the way to sunny Stranraer.

Oh Ruth :(

A hastily  written speech will be getting finished some time around now. Hope wee Finn hasn't woken  up too much through the night

"We need to deliver Brexit now" It's your fucking party that has stopped it happening

"We need to make Scotland prosper" It's your fucking party that have run it into the ground the last 40 years

It's almost as though Ruth is trying to tell us the Scottish Conservatives are nothing to do with their paymasters down south

Who wants to bet Cosplay will be promoted on Andrew Marr tomorrow if it’s on? No doubt front and centre of that and the politics show afterwards. The BBC has a party to answer to, after all.

Edited by Antlion

13 hours ago, Antlion said:

Who wants to bet Cosplay will be promoted on Andrew Marr tomorrow if it’s on? No doubt front and centre of that and the politics show afterwards. The BBC has a party to answer to, after all.

Called it. “Welcome back”. In this interview “the UK” is “the country” today - a different tack from when she’s in the Scottish Parliament.

Edited by Antlion

And ignored the 1.6 million who voted Remain.

The constant failure to call out fucking Brexit politicians is now getting on my tits.

Long been convinced Marr is a UKIP voter who’ll happily let brexiteers lie to all and sundry.

That clip of him thats been circulating from the day after brexit vote is pretty breathtaking innit
I saw his show after the vote and it was absolutely spot on.

He's nowhere near as biased as folk on her suggest, and a damn good historian too.

Yes he could grill them a bit more but that's a difficult balance to get to, as it can quickly become "all about you".

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

I saw his show after the vote and it was absolutely spot on.

He's nowhere near as biased as folk on her suggest, and a damn good historian too.

Yes he could grill them a bit more but that's a difficult balance to get to, as it can quickly become "all about you".

Against Scottish independence he is as biased as it's possible to get.  Deeply unprofessional all objectivity out the window all commitment to good journalism gone.  Watch his the vow interview with George Osborne, he is chipping up pre rehearsed softballs for Osborne to knock out of the park,and actually answers 'wow' to one of his responses.

The more I see Farty Davidson in interviews the more I am convinced that she is the best thing that has happened to the SNP given that her playground bully lying bluster crap will work against her and motivate the Scottish undecided to vote for the SNP. 

She's just told Andrew Marr that over 1 million Scots voted for Brexit. 
Marr just nodded dumbly.

What’s wrong with that? A factual comment.

He might not have retorted about the 1.6 million who voted to remain, but that doesn’t seem to affect the Prime Minister or the majority of the media who go on about the 17.5 million all the time.

Against Scottish independence he is as biased as it's possible to get.  Deeply unprofessional all objectivity out the window all commitment to good journalism gone.  Watch his the vow interview with George Osborne, he is chipping up pre rehearsed softballs for Osborne to knock out of the park,and actually answers 'wow' to one of his responses.
The vow was a massive political intervention, and just because you were opposed to it, doesn't mean the journalists have to be.

It clinched the result, and the yes movement knew it. The fact that the c***s were never really going to deliver meaningful change has nothing to do with it. Plenty of older voters wanted that stepping stone, and unfortunately it worked a treat.

I genuinely don't think you understand what balanced is. You see it as either 'them' or 'us', when most of the time it's a lot more nuanced.