Ruth Davidson.

Im_Rodger

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Interesting, I googled but could not find any definitive answer, it could come down to residency, for instance the Blurt taking formal residency in London could delay possible HOL expulsion, when I say expulsion my argument there is based on the social difference from Ireland in the 1920's and to Scotland nowadays with regards to social media, on gaining independence there will be a widespread severe backlash against Scots in political office in England generated in the Daily Mail type right wing conservative media which will accelerate on social media, england for the english will be the shout. 

Although there certainly have been foreign born peers before and probably still are. We've currently got a prime minister who was born in New York so the foundation s for that nativism are shaky

That said peerages are geographically tied so while Australians have sat in the lords its never been as Baron Bruce of Alice Springs. So excluding people with Scottish peerages as opposed to Scottish people might be more practical

However there would probably be a few exceptions made just as happened when the hereditary peers got kicked out but some of them were elected back in

Ruth may wish to become "Baroness Davidson of Berwick upon Tweed" just in case

• 4 months later...
43 minutes ago, btb said:

Bump - Ruthie's last day.

Will she finally deliver the KO blow to Nicola Sturgeon?

Did she ever catch up with her constituency surgeries?

19 minutes ago, Pato said:

It's what she would've wanted to be remembered like.

Absolutely wonderful that she should slither out of Holyrood and into the Lords as a figure of failure and utter ridicule.

I caught up with a couple of the speeches yesterday, and seeing the wee band of Tories sitting there staring at their shoes while everyone else rounded on them was nothing short of brilliant. I hope they suffer similar misery at the ballot box. c***s. 

7 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Will Sturgeon get another dig at the Blurt?

Kenny had a wee reprimand for the FM for using the HOL dig in a 2nd reply. We can't have this as personal says the bold but retiring Ken, after weeks of personal abuse to the FM from the Ruth Davidson Conservatives for weeks. Since when has stating a fact that she is heading off to an unelected stipend been a matter of concern to him. Good riddance to her although I expect her soon to return in the "Scottish Office" so she does not have to actually go to London

Correct.

The Baroness will hang around the HOL for a couple of years before picking up a mail on Sunday article.

Hopefully when we achieve independence she’ll f**k off into the distance.

13 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Correct.

The Baroness will hang around the HOL for a couple of years before picking up a mail on Sunday article.

Hopefully when we achieve independence she’ll f**k off into the distance.

She's already got a weekly column in the Scottish Mail on Sunday. It is very poor. Generic Sturgeon bashing, bit of rugby and celebrity nonsense. Makes Tony Parsehole in Viz sound like Mark Twain.

19 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

If there is a God out there somewhere, then he/she had better tell wee Ruthie that Baroness of Dunfermline isn't an option.  She can gtf to the hol asap, but don't dare drag us into her wee self-indulgent career move.

The Baroness Buckhaven

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Utter Roaster said:

I've got a life insurance policy with Royal London. Seriously considering cancelling it. And if they ask why I'll tell them it's because of Rape Clause Ruthie. 

Get it cashed in or accept you're paying her wages.