Ruth Davidson.

Im_Rodger

50 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

She seems quite active just now, aiming to get slotted in to the Scottish office?

Maybe she's trying to work her way back into favour after last summer's anyone-but-Boris strategy but BJ just doesn't seem the forgiving kind.

Might just be trying to keep her profile high for consultancy work next year- she is still planning to leave Holyrood at the next elections?

13 minutes ago, btb said:

Maybe she's trying to work her way back into favour after last summer's anyone-but-Boris strategy but BJ just doesn't seem the forgiving kind.

Might just be trying to keep her profile high for consultancy work next year- she is still planning to leave Holyrood at the next elections?

Taking her Jimmy Clitheroe tribute act on the road.

Guest Bob Mahelp

She won't risk what credibility she has left by standing in next year's election. The loss would be humiliating.

She's gearing up to lead the Loyalists in the inevitable 2nd referendum. That's what her increased profile....stories with friendly journalists....is all about. 

1 hour ago, btb said:

Al Johnson, like Cameron, is a ruthless Old Etonian. They regard anything other than blind loyalty as treachery that can never be forgiven.

Not only did Davidson oppose Boris but she was an ardent Remainer so no Peerage for her. She will probably get a lucrative quango or corporate job after she leaves Holyrood. 

Nick Clegg, despite no tech or internet background, became Head of Global Policy at Facebook after leading the Lib Dems to electoral disaster. Political failure obviously pays very well.

Not Ruth specific but this tweet has caused some proper heads gone responses from the uber Yoon community. It seems that telling them the tweet was written by a pro UK moron cuts no ice based on the responses. 

Screenshot_20200728-121120_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200728-121134_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200728-121159_Samsung Internet.jpg

Miles Briggs just agreed with Johnnie Beattie's assertion that the UK's government's covid response has been a shambles.

And then for good measure, he agreed again!

Given that I trust not one Tory anywhere in the world, I searched my imagination for the double speak angle he was sneakily employing.

I have been unable to do so and can only conclude that M. Briggs has no political ambition.

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 17:21, sophia said:

Miles Briggs just agreed with Johnnie Beattie's assertion that the UK's government's covid response has been a shambles.

Given that I trust not one Tory anywhere in the world, I searched my imagination for the double speak angle he was sneakily employing.

I have been unable to do so and can only conclude that M. Briggs has no political ambition.

Maybe it was a cunning double bluff as he knew Carlaw was for the chop.. "Miles Briggs for leader, the people's friend, fearless, independent, speaks his mind" etc. 

On 28/07/2020 at 17:21, sophia said:

Good post but the Covid response within the UK was administered by two regional Governments, Scotland and Wales, aside from the Westminster government who were solely responsible for NI and England, and yes both of these have seen much shambolic decisions which have resulted in further major city outbreaks.

And yes the Hairsplitting Convention went well this year.

14 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Confirmed today 

Hopefully today’s parade of scum being rewarded in the most British manner possible will draw even more attention to the cancerous, corrupt heart of the UK state. I doubt soft Nos will be pleased to see Johnson rewarding a cadre of jingoists, failures, chancers, and assorted filth with titles.

I genuinely think that Johnson sees this kind of thing as winning over the plebs in the same way a royal wedding or baby is expected to. The British state with its proud English traditions at its best, what? All of that pomp and circumstance just breeds loyalty in the hearts of all true Britons, what?

He’s right, of course, but only within a tiny bubble of hardcore, “abolish Holyrood and destroy all traces of Scottish nationhood“ John Bulls who ejaculate at the very sight of flypasts, poppy wreaths, and ermine.