Ruth Davidson.

Im_Rodger

35 minutes ago, harry94 said:

She gives the press what she's looking for personality wise and then she's pretty much a blank canvass because she has never had any tangible power.

Being cynical, a lot of Tories need a way to keep their conscience clear too and that's what she is to them.

Exactly right. Remember when she was a “line in the sand” devolutionist, arguing that Scotland shouldn’t have any more power? Nor does the media. Remember when, after her side had won and she thought it was over forever, she was claiming that the first referendum was a wonderful exercise in democracy? Nor does the media. Remember when she claimed Brexit was terrible? Nor does the media.

Actually, the last example of her having absolutely no convictions might finally have people starting to take notice of her utter vacuity.

If BJ lasts beyond Halloween Ruth is obviously toast, however that is far from guaranteed and she might find herself back in favour with the Tory Leadership again.

I suspect her reputation with "ordinary" Tory members down south will have taken a bit of a beating.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, btb said:

If BJ lasts beyond Halloween Ruth is obviously toast, however that is far from guaranteed and she might find herself back in favour with the Tory Leadership again.

I suspect her reputation with "ordinary" Tory members down south will have taken a bit of a beating.

Given that the Tory membership are politically to the right of the Waffen SS, it's  impossible to see Davidson being catapulted into a safe seat somewhere in the south-east.

Nope, that particular bridge has been burned. It leaves her up here, stuck as branch manager for a bunch of MSP's and MP's that are all pulling in different directions. She must also know that peak Tory has passed, and the next set of elections are going to see them being decimated in Scotland.

Not so many headlines now about you becoming First Minister, eh Ruth ?

1 minute ago, AUFC90 said:
1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:
Imagine a supporter of a european nationalist party saying this.

Only a thick British nationalist such as yourself would fire it all in the one box.

"British nationalist" eh?  I am an exemplary European who upholds the freedoms of goods, services, capital and labour.  That I despise the pathetic etho-centric Scotch putsch doesn't detract from this.

At least she's getting some heat from the likes of Massie, Farquharson of late. She's basically Mundell - spout some amount of shite then backtrack/don't mention it but talk about the SNP for the rest of the time.

Mind when the same journos were touting the Scots 13 Tories as almost independent of mind to the rest of the UK Tories😂 and would hold the Tories to their promises. Mundell being chief weasel, spout some pish, never get scrutinised and then ignore previous said beliefs or even vote with the Govt.

I don't know why people bestow this socially liberal moderate thing on Davidson. There are Tory councillors with swastikas tattooed on their arms, Orangemen, homophobes, paedophiles... all on her watch.

I think you’ve answered your own question there

The bar is set pretty low

It’s a bit like the way footballers who’ve read a book are labelled as “intellectuals”

• 2 weeks later...