Ruth Davidson.

Im_Rodger

At present the Tories are not a "broad church" but a "single issue party. RD chose to marginalize BJ by not letting him speak at the Scottish Tories conference in May and then not choosing him at each stage in the leadership contest, I suspect she's no longer the up&comer she was two years ago but who knows perhaps BJs govt. will implode in the Autumn and she may (sic) regain the lost ground.

Totally bizarre that BJ seems to be undermining the most successful leader the Scottish Tories have had in a generation (even if she did have a bit of help from Kez) undermining the party up here when the result of the next election is unfathomable as long as the Brexit Paraty remain a force and the likely best result for the Tories is a narrow majority but what isn't bizarre about UK politics at present? 

1 hour ago, beefybake said:

One way, or another, the Johnson sh*tshow, and his horrible little bunch of ideologues is going to be a short term government at Westminster. 

Looks to me that if Johnson were to undermine Ruth Davidson, and have someone more amenable as Scottish Tory leader, the chances of there being

any Scottish Tory MP's at Westminster in a GE, would reduce to about the fingers on one hand.foot.

FTFY. And, even as a Labour member whose Party won't directly benefit, I cannot wait. Johnson is on the verge of making the same mistake as Labour did years ago. In Scotland, votes are lent, not given in perpetuity. Something which the SNP will discover post-independence - although I believe Sturgeon and her Party are aware of this and have made a decent fist of cross-party politics where necessary, so will still be the major force at Holyrood for some time to come.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Tory success in Scotland is wholly to do with them being seen as the unionist option and a fair chunk of SNP voters not turning up tbh. Sod all to do with Ruth Davidson.

That status as unionist option was helped by Labour very much encouraging tactical voting against the SNP even if it meant them losing votes to the tories while doing so.

6 hours ago, HTG said:

He can completely undermine her to the point of untenable with minimal effort really. It's already started with the guy from Worcester getting hoyed into a junior role ahead of any of "her" MPs.

I see he's also speaking in Scotland from within a military base - "let the people see me" not. 

Sadly she is not a Westminster appointee but an elected member of a devolved government and she represents the Scottish Conservatives.

Boris is not that stupid or foolish enough to even attempt to undermine the Blurt as there has already been some serious talks among senior Scottish Tories to breakaway from the English cuntservatives, and to that end the new SoS for Scotland has offered to seriously fund a breakaway scottish tory party, obviously the consequence of that would possibly result in the westminster tories losing some scottish MP's a move which they can ill afford.

The real outcome is that at present the Blurt is totally ostracised meanwhile and any ambitions she had for Westminster glory is on the rocks meanwhile.

But she has a very real position of strength over Boris as I have outlined above.

42 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Sadly she is not a Westminster appointee but an elected member of a devolved government and she represents the Scottish Conservatives.

Boris is not that stupid or foolish enough to even attempt to undermine the Blurt as there has already been some serious talks among senior Scottish Tories to breakaway from the English cuntservatives, and to that end the new SoS for Scotland has offered to seriously fund a breakaway scottish tory party, obviously the consequence of that would possibly result in the westminster tories losing some scottish MP's a move which they can ill afford.

The real outcome is that at present the Blurt is totally ostracised meanwhile and any ambitions she had for Westminster glory is on the rocks meanwhile.

But she has a very real position of strength over Boris as I have outlined above.

If the membership see Boris as more likely to save the Union and Ruth as becoming a weak point, they’d dump her faster than our press can skip the obvious, awkward questions they should be asking her.

If anyone needed to know anything about Ruthie.

BBC / Media roles before she becomes MSP.

Perfectly timed baby to let the heat die down.

Luckily it hasn’t worked to plan.

She’s a ****. Hope she rots in her imminent obscurity.

Oh and another thing. You know how she claims that Indy Ref was divisive, split communities and tore families apart ????

..not what she said on the night of the referendum. According to that **** it was one of the most positive political processes she had witnessed.

Is she not the elected member by over 10,000 votes for Edinburgh Central at the 2016 Scottish Election?

She's the elected member with 10,399 votes, but her majority is only 610.

Even though Alison Johnstone was a cert to get a list seat the Greens decided to field her as a constituency candidate anyway. I doubt many of her 4644 votes would have gone to Davidson if Johnstone hadn't stood.

2 hours ago, scrooge1928 said:

She's the elected member with 10,399 votes, but her majority is only 610.

Even though Alison Johnstone was a cert to get a list seat the Greens decided to field her as a constituency candidate anyway. I doubt many of her 4644 votes would have gone to Davidson if Johnstone hadn't stood.

I believe at the next election a senior SNP candidate will stand against her for Edinburgh Central.

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
9 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Yep.... I've heard that too.
Gus will blow her away.

She will get on the list anyway, won't make a difference

That's true.

Although it would be quite humiliating for her not to win the constituency vote. 

46 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

They made a big deal out of Sturgeon being a list MSP for ages so it will be nice to see it happen to Davidson too. Plus just the craic of heaping further humiliation on a pompous Tory is a delicious prospect.

Davidson finished 4th in Glasgow Kelvin in 2011 and only got in because the Tory's number one list candidate, Malcolm Macaskill, got hit by a sleaze scandal moving her up to number one,

12,749 votes across the whole of Glasgow was enough to get her elected.

Davidson is running out of road. She has about 90 days  to try show how she has any authority over the Scottish Tory contingent at Westminster.

But we know what will happen, they will defy her and vote along with Boris as they know where the real power lies.

In reality she's a nothing. No power or influence and totally manufactured by the media.

But reality will bite in the event of a no deal Brexit or an election called at Holyrood or Westminster which ever comes first.

A serial loser who has been leader of her party in Scotland for 8 years and won the square root of f**k all.

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Davidson is running out of road. She has about 90 days  to try show how she has any authority over the Scottish Tory contingent at Westminster.

But we know what will happen, they will defy her and vote along with Boris as they know where the real power lies.

In reality she's a nothing. No power or influence and totally manufactured by the media.

But reality will bite in the event of a no deal Brexit or an election called at Holyrood or Westminster which ever comes first.

A serial loser who has been leader of her party in Scotland for 8 years and won the square root of f**k all.

But jaunty Davidson just assured us, with her usual bonhomie, that she’s in charge of “the whole damn shooting match”, including North British MPs. She used colourful, colloquial language and grinned like a simpleton, so it must be true.