Ruth Davidson.

Im_Rodger

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Boris has confirmed he will run for leader. What's wee Ruth going to do now? Will the Scottish Tories now split from the UK party if he wins?

Alex Massie in Spectator. Go Boris!

But Prime Minister Johnson would have, I suspect, explosive consequences. He might be a ‘One Nation’ Tory (of sorts) but there’s a hefty chance he’d find himself leading a much smaller nation. As matters stand, Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP have no persuasive or easy route to a second independence referendum, nor any compelling answers to the problems Brexit will cause for the practical aspects of independence. Even so, the most recent Times/YouGov poll put support for independence at 49 per cent.

You might think escaping Boris Johnson a small or thin or feeble reason for breaking up the United Kingdom and I might agree with you but the point is many others would not. Nicola Sturgeon couldn’t ask for a better recruiting officer than Johnson. There’s a reason Ruth Davidson hates him, you know, and it goes beyond Johnson’s abundant sense of entitlement and evident sense work is for other, lesser, people.

Edited by welshbairn

She will spin like a fucking top and then tell us all that Boris is the man. This will be followed by the inter-exchange of separation, Nicola Sturgeon, independence, divisive referendums. All the while conspicuously ignoring that her party are responsible for 100% of all recent divisive referendums. 
Boot.
^What he said

3 hours ago, HTG said:

She will spin like a fucking top and then tell us all that Boris is the man. This will be followed by the inter-exchange of separation, Nicola Sturgeon, independence, divisive referendums. All the while conspicuously ignoring that her party are responsible for 100% of all recent divisive referendums. 

Boot.

She'll hide from the media for a few days until the heat dies down first, which is another of her usual tactics.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Alex Massie in Spectator. Go Boris!

No persuasive route to indyref2?  Aye apart from Scotland fucking voting for it, that man really is a piece of shit masquerading as a reasoned commentator.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

No persuasive route to indyref2?  Aye apart from Scotland fucking voting for it, that man really is a piece of shit masquerading as a reasoned commentator.

Which we haven't. 

2 hours ago, Kuro said:

Omg just take a day off from talking shite please.

If you really want independence, join the Tory party and vote Boris. Along with Brexit it will take it over the edge.

On 16/05/2019 at 16:17, The Skelpit Lug said:

I've just had a look at Ruth's EU election leaflet. Well, I say EU election but it seems we're in the politics of fog. The usual fear of Sturgeon and obsession with indy and of course Nae Referendum, and little mention of it being a vote to elect MEPs. Wonder how many of the 60% who voted Remain will be swayed by that pile of rubbish? I realise the difficulty of a Leave party participating in the voting process, but that leaflet is dire. And as for Scottish Labour running with Corbyn's photo. Strange times, strange times.

I’ve just done the same, 13 times Nicola Sturgeons name is mentioned on a single page campaign leaflet, absolutely obsessed! To be fair she’d be a nobody without Sturgeon and all she’s capable of is trying to discredit anything SNP. When she came on the scene I thought there was something about her but she’s nothing more than a snarling pit bull.  John Humphries radio 4 interview when he called her out on the ‘brexiteer b*****ds ‘ quote had her squirming and showed her up as the bare faced liar she is 

Can’t see Ruth staying on if she fails to become the first minister.

She’ll either disappear into the backbenches of Westminster, or get a job at the BBC.

On 16/05/2019 at 19:58, BawWatchin said:

We didn't vote tory either. We also didn't vote not to have another referendum. 4U0m6pP.png

Correct.

We also didn't vote to leave the EU.

(just saying in case anyone forgot :))

Edited by cyderspaceman

7 hours ago, Kuro said:

A safe seat first, a cabinet post, a shot at PM then a peerage.  This is the price for selling out your country.2

I'm not so sure, she's been pretty dismissive of Boris on a couple of occasions which I don't think will play well with a lot of Tory activists down south. She's probably got a "Get Out of Jail Free" card for the upcoming Euros but she's set her aim high for the next Holyrood election and if she doesn't come a close second (I don't think she'll win) her star will start to wane.

I'm not so sure, she's been pretty dismissive of Boris on a couple of occasions which I don't think will play well with a lot of Tory activists down south. She's probably got a "Get Out of Jail Free" card for the upcoming Euros but she's set her aim high for the next Holyrood election and if she doesn't come a close second (I don't think she'll win) her star will start to wane.

Agreed, she’ll spend the next 2 years ranting about “No indyref 2!!!!” Everywhere, and will inevitably only appeal to the hardcore unionists.

Guest Bob Mahelp
On 19/05/2019 at 09:49, mizfit said:

Agreed, she’ll spend the next 2 years ranting about “No indyref 2!!!!” Everywhere, and will inevitably only appeal to the hardcore unionists.

'Events, dear boy'.

Davidson must be devastated that her carefully cultivated image....that of avoiding any kind of difficult questioning and only appearing in public to say 'nae independence referendum'.....has been blown out of the water by the Brexit party and May offering a 2nd EU referendum .

It would be a beautiful, wonderful irony if an increasingly extremist and right-wing Tory government in Westminster destroys the Tories in Scotland. 

8 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

How is she going to spin the "no more referendums"european election campaign after Maybots speech today emoji23.png

She does not have to because she will avoid any interviews and her leaflets will already have pleased her base in this election. She will certainly find a way to spin in once the results are announced.  The Spectator view of her as a "One nation" Tory will help her to stand as the Champion of British Nationalism. I know that historically the phrase had nothing to do with the concept of National Self determination. and is about opposing "Class politics", but she is good at spinning and flip flopping.

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

She does not have to because she will avoid any interviews and her leaflets will already have pleased her base in this election. She will certainly find a way to spin in once the results are announced.  The Spectator view of her as a "One nation" Tory will help her to stand as the Champion of British Nationalism. I know that historically the phrase had nothing to do with the concept of National Self determination. and is about opposing "Class politics", but she is good at spinning and flip flopping.

At some point she's going to have to emerge from wherever she's hiding and try to justify why people should vote for her party. 

It's insane that she isn't put under more scrutiny by the Scottish media. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

At some point she's going to have to emerge from wherever she's hiding and try to justify why people should vote for her party. 

It's insane that she isn't put under more scrutiny by the Scottish media. 

I agree. She can avoid doing anything before Thursday and if the next one is not till 2021 she will stick to the usual soundbites and photo opps.