Sign in to follow this  
The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

On 10 July 2017 at 21:49, Cooper81 said:

Sounds promising be going tomorrow night.

One posters said about posting on website how many season tickets sold to aim towards St Mirren do that the now on there website. We could aim towards 400.

Hope the club release news on season tickets going to buy one whether I miss a match or two due to work I would rather the club get my cash the now.

Anyone doesn't know Trust are holding fundraising meeting for ideas this Wednesday Airdrie workmen's half 7.

Had a look on their website coops, that's exactly what I'd like to see us offer. Their "golden ticket" could just as easily be a "diamond ticket", etc.

Also saw they had an open day - open training session, strips/season tickets/general merchandise available and meet the players all on the go. Given we have no game this Saturday (and appreciating it's short notice), if the stadium company were looking to do us a wee turn then an open day at the stadium to launch the season tickets could be a good day.

Can't make tomorrow nights meeting but hope the contents mark their way out to all trust members. The wider the word is spread the more folk will get involved hopefully - even the reluctant fans will get behind a wee cause they like. A monthly trust newsletter would be a great idea I think, would highlight upcoming events and previous good work done. 

Why is Barry Ferguson getting entertained on here? I've no issue with him as a person (well, he comes across as a wee dick, whether he is or not is by the by) - but he's a failed manager and appeared hopelessly out his depth at Clyde. Not really the guy for dealing with the mess we're in. 

Nobody has said he'd be a good appointment. However there has been at least one saying that he wouldn't be back if he was appointed which is utterly ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, TheBuckfastTriangle said:

Had a look on their website coops, that's exactly what I'd like to see us offer. Their "golden ticket" could just as easily be a "diamond ticket", etc.

Also saw they had an open day - open training session, strips/season tickets/general merchandise available and meet the players all on the go. Given we have no game this Saturday (and appreciating it's short notice), if the stadium company were looking to do us a wee turn then an open day at the stadium to launch the season tickets could be a good day.

Can't make tomorrow nights meeting but hope the contents mark their way out to all trust members. The wider the word is spread the more folk will get involved hopefully - even the reluctant fans will get behind a wee cause they like. A monthly trust newsletter would be a great idea I think, would highlight upcoming events and previous good work done. 

St Mirrens' stuff is good. Notably (I think) they are fan owned.

There is already weekly Trust newsletters I think?

1 minute ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Nobody has said he'd be a good appointment. However there has been at least one saying that he wouldn't be back if he was appointed which is utterly ridiculous.

Agree.

There was someone saying a few posts back though that there would be worse appointments than Ferguson. Struggling to see what that's based on given his record. 

8 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Trialist tonight was David brownlie just been released by Ross county.

Played right back he did okay who was our number 10 tonight.

Played right back he did okay who was our number 10 tonight.

Don't know what game you were watching but he was centre half all night, number 10 was a French striker and we had Jamie hall on the bench just been released from thistle.

6 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Don't know what game you were watching but he was centre half all night, number 10 was a French striker and we had Jamie hall on the bench just been released from thistle.

No. 10 Johan is Dutch

Anyone know how much money we actually need to raise to fund us until the end of the season?

How much do we need to be bringing in a month/is there a target? What's the budget gap? Just before I start chucking money at what is appearing to be a blackhole.

The emotional blackmail doesn't work on me anymore.

New centre half and striker on display last night at EK.   

We lined up;

Rohan

McIntosh (Brownlie) Cairns McDonald

Stewart Conroy Fitz Brown

Ryan and (Johan)

Firstly, we weren't up against much. Importantly Ryan looked happier.  General feeling is that there was a lot of tension/anxiety last week.

I'm not impresed with our midfield,  Fitzy just doesnt look right yet.   McIntosh impressed at RB getting forward and Cairns did well.   Hard to tell much more, opposition was poor.

We played some really nice football when the kids came on.   Leighton and McLaughlin looked really good in the midfield.

Firstly, on Ferguson - I'm not a fan, at all. He comes across as quite dim and a bit of an arsehole. Added to that his record at Clyde is utterly appalling. He'd be seen by the majority of our fans as a regressive appointment - and that's saying something. However, "on the park" persona and private one might be very different and if he's willing to put his own cash into the club, well perhaps we'd just have to suck it up and hope for the best, if we are indeed that close to the brink.

On the team.....that midfield just doesn't do it for me at all. Fitz was never my favourite player when he was fit. Brown and Conroy have some redeeming qualities but disappear when the going gets tough. Stewart is OK but still quite raw and prone to mistakes. That defense would give me nightmares too. Don't know about the trialist but McDonald for me is not a defender. That and a couple of youngsters with Rohan in behind and we could be watching a carbon copy of last years mistakes.....

With all that's going on, I can't say I'm looking forward to this season, at all.

A couple of questions about last night.

Was there any sign of anyone new in the dugout?

Was there a team announcement? If so, if Brown and Stewart were announced by names rather than trialist does that mean they have signed or is that a level of sophistication too far?

It is a sign of progress that we are at least having a look at other trialists.

From comments made by others maybe Fitz is done.

Just read the Advertiser. Nothing on the news front but on page 8 there is an article having a real go at JB over his comments at the meeting re the £10k saga. Worth a read. Hard hitting stuff. Safe to say the days of cooperation between the Club and the Advertiser are gone!

Just read the Advertiser. Nothing on the news front but on page 8 there is an article having a real go at JB over his comments at the meeting re the £10k saga. Worth a read. Hard hitting stuff. Safe to say the days of cooperation between the Club and the Advertiser are gone!

Just read it there and hardly surprising. Ripping them to shreds over a wholly accurate story after admitting he basically ignored all the calls to comment was a bit much.

Any chance of posting a photo of the article? I wouldn't buy it after it's Lisbon Lions pull out the other week.

Anyone know how much money we actually need to raise to fund us until the end of the season?

How much do we need to be bringing in a month/is there a target? What's the budget gap? Just before I start chucking money at what is appearing to be a blackhole.

The emotional blackmail doesn't work on me anymore.

Exactly. I've not bought a season ticket in about 10 years as I invariably miss about 4-5 home games a season so it makes no economic sense. I won't be emotionally blackmailed into buying one unless I know that any additional funds will serve some value.

Exactly. I've not bought a season ticket in about 10 years as I invariably miss about 4-5 home games a season so it makes no economic sense. I won't be emotionally blackmailed into buying one unless I know that any additional funds will serve some value.

All this we should put a fund into help the squad they'll be waiting a while for me to give the Fat controller any money it's like a blackhole when he's in control

To be honest the fat controller is much better able to manage money than TW was. It's not Ballantyne's fault for TW walking away half way through 2 year full time contracts.