Sign in to follow this  
The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

If Andy Ryan goes - based on what we have in place now - the end result will be certain relegation.

It's absolute guess work what's going on now and what the clubs actually thinking (bar for I'd imagine a few in the trust). 

If we're going to limp through full time for one last season then selling him for buttons doesn't make much sense to me (we then start next year in the bottom flight with further reduced income and even more disenchantment of supporters). If we want everyone off the books as we're going part time it does. If he wants to go it does as well. Any reasonable offer (£50k?) I'm sure would be welcome. 

I could argue the reverse of most of that btw. Let's see what this week brings. 

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

See, the thing is, it looks like a fire sale down your way so I don't know if it will cost us as much as you'd like it to. 

Not much of a fire sale btw. A freebie give away is more like it. Bar Andy Ryan obviously. 

If Andy Ryan goes - based on what we have in place now - the end result will be certain relegation.
It's absolute guess work what's going on now and what the clubs actually thinking (bar for I'd imagine a few in the trust). 
If we're going to limp through full time for one last season then selling him for buttons doesn't make much sense to me (we then start next year in the bottom flight with further reduced income and even more disenchantment of supporters). If we want everyone off the books as we're going part time it does. If he wants to go it does as well. Any reasonable offer (£50k?) I'm sure would be welcome. 
I could argue the reverse of most of that btw. Let's see what this week brings. 

If Andy Ryan leaves al no be back sick of us just selling all our good players and replacing them with c***s not even close to good enough

31 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

If Andy Ryan leaves al no be back sick of us just selling all our good players and replacing them with c***s not even close to good enough

I know where you're coming from.

We're shaping up to be relegation material next year. Selling Ryan will not only cement that but lead to further discontent. All that needs to be weighed up versus selling (especially for eg £20k). 

Of course part time football may mean there's no decision to make. Really don't know how this'll all turn out. 

One of the main aims of TW's plan was to find players like Ryan and sell them on. Pity the rest of the plan doesn't appear to have worked!

Edited by waysider

Will there be actual games to see in the coming few weeks? I would be disappointed to see Ryan go at a knock down price but he is the one saleable asset if the club's future is in doubt. Is the Trust meeting still in place? If TW has abandoned the three year plan it makes our continuance as a League One club more inevitable, if not even worse. Back from holidays to internet discontent-welcome home.

I know where you're coming from.
We're shaping up to be relegation material next year. Selling Ryan will not only cement that but lead to further discontent. All that needs to be weighed up versus selling (especially for eg £20k). 
Of course part time football may mean there's no decision to make. Really don't know how this'll all turn out. 

TBH I can see admin looming about

5 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

TBH I can see admin looming about

If admin saw the current owners play ball (are there any other creditors?) then it could rid us of them and potentially lead to  a Trust led club or more Airdrie 'minded' owners. Longer term as long as someone is willing to do the stepping in bit, it might not be the end of the world. 

Maybe getting ahead of ourselves here. 

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I see you guys have bigger issues than playing personnel just now but honest opinions, would Andy Ryan cut it taking a step up to the Championship? 

Ryan would be a very good signing.

3 minutes ago, Nipper said:

Has there been anything about the venue for Thursday ?

Is it going to be open to all supporters trust and non trust.

6 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Where?

Meeting is to be open to all. See Trust's Twitter for statement. As far as I know time and venue haven't been announced.

Edited by waysider

46 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

It will be open to all fans, but I would like to think/hope many people would join up on the night,

It has to be remembered that TW is still the majority shareholder and although the Ballantyne family combined are the next largest shareholders the club was sold to TW.Its like once you sell your car you dont get it back on a car share basis when you fancy a  drive While it is good that the Trust have been talking to the board there are other shareholders who have never been consulted when TW took over and have had heard nothing recent .Secret society ?

15 minutes ago, Diamond Sab said:

It has to be remembered that TW is still the majority shareholder and although the Ballantyne family combined are the next largest shareholders the club was sold to TW.Its like once you sell your car you dont get it back on a car share basis when you fancy a  drive While it is good that the Trust have been talking to the board there are other shareholders who have never been consulted when TW took over and have had heard nothing recent .Secret society ?

I assume that you are talking about relatively minor shareholders here? I am not an expert on this but I don't believe that the Board has to consult all the shareholders.

This present position has to have been the best guarded secret in history. Usually things leak out and I've not read a single post on here from anyone saying they know something.

Minor or not they still put their hard earned money into buying shares.It may be minor compared to the owner and the Ballantyne family holding but people may also have bought shares to perhaps help to avoid the same thing happening to us again ie administration and no club to support,  to keep an eye on how the club was going .I just think all shareholders should be at least respected ?Not sure about the legal position but would it not have been the decent thing to do to at least let them know what was happening

Edited by Diamond Sab

28 minutes ago, waysider said:

I assume that you are talking about relatively minor shareholders here? I am not an expert on this but I don't believe that the Board has to consult all the shareholders.

This present position has to have been the best guarded secret in history. Usually things leak out and I've not read a single post on here from anyone saying they know something.

Have to agree, I've spoken to people who can usually tell you when someone at the club sneezes. Nobody seems to know anything or if they do then no one is prepared to say. 

17 minutes ago, Diamond Sab said:

Minor or not they still put their hard earned money into buying shares.It may be minor compared to the owner and the Ballantyne family holding but people may also bought shares to avoid the same thing happening to us again ie administration and no club to support,  to keep an eye on how the club was going .I just think all shareholders should be at least respected ?Not sure about the legal position but would it not have been the decent thing to do to at least consult

Yes 100%