Sign in to follow this  
The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

The legal issues are interesting.

Did TW employ or contract some employees through MH Logistics as opposed to the club?

I don't think the legal issues involve Black. I doubt if he has a winnable claim and certainly not one which would lead to holding up our season.

Before I left the Trust Jim Ballantyne made everyone in the Trust sign confidentiality agreements or he wouldn't meet with them. It all came about after he lied to the fans and sharholders about the planned move to Cliftonhill.

Edited by Tory Boy

1 hour ago, Tory Boy said:

Before I left the Trust Jim Ballantyne made everyone in the Trust sign confidentiality agreements or he wouldn't meet with them. It all came about after he lied to the fans and sharholders about the planned move to Cliftonhill.

I have no clue on what is going on at the club but I don't for moment agree with the trust members being swore to secrecy where as the other fans not on the trust are in the dark. All the fans should be in the know.

The trust are to represent the fans.   If theyre asked to sign or even agree to a confidentiality we should walk and let them stew.

Clearly they need propping up.

FFS,  it's our lottery money, our ST money, our gate money,  our sponsorship money, our raised funds...  even the advertisers are advertising to us.

If Wotherspoon has walked away or playing games with the Ballantynes then why are WE in the middle?

If either side had any morals they both sign over their shareholdings for a nominal £1 and fckn leave us to it.

2 hours ago, Tory Boy said:

A Ballantyne telling lies?

Who'd have guessed.   

4 hours ago, waysider said:

I don't think the legal issues involve Black. I doubt if he has a winnable claim and certainly not one which would lead to holding up our season.

The case is still on going!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Cooper81 said:

I have no clue on what is going on at the club but I don't for moment agree with the trust members being swore to secrecy where as the other fans not on the trust are in the dark. All the fans should be in the know.

I would assume it's only those involved in negotiations who have had to sign a confidentiality agreement ??????

Edited by Nipper

As the fog starts to lift I'm gutted I won't be at the meeting on Thursday. Although perhaps its a blessing in disguise as I don't think I'm going to like what I hear.

Edited by Nipper

Anyone think TW will turn up?

I'd wager that there's more chance of Craig Whyte turning up at the Drumcree Orange walk in a Celtic top.

Edited by Pesadilla

1 minute ago, Pesadilla said:

Anyone think TW will turn up?

I'd wager that there's more change of Craig Whyte turning up at the Drumcree Orange walk in a Celtic top.

Correct, T W wants away end of. He's been working on this since before the end of the season.

Ballantyne won't be there either. I'm beginning to think he wants out too.

6 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

The legal issues are interesting.

Did TW employ or contract some employees through MH Logistics as opposed to the club?

Yes. 

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

Few thoughts

If MH Logistics employees worked for the club I suspect they'd just have been seconded so would be surprised if that generated legal issues for the club.

If any fan goes on the board they'd better be clued up about director's duties and all that. That would include treating some info they receive as confidential and not being able to tell fans everything.  Also, could be a risky position to be in if the club has liabilities, so be careful what you wish for

Agree that it sounds as if the owners are trying to sell, in which case there will be an understandable need for buyers and sellers to keep secret the terms of their deal. Nothing wrong with that and it is par for the course. 

If the Black case is on-going I'd expect a buyer to ask for it to be settled by the current owners or for them to stump up if Black wins. That gives rise to all manner of issues like who is in charge of the case and who decides if/when to settle (current or new owners).

All in all a rubbish time but I've just added the dates of all next season's fixtures to my diary - here's hoping we turn up

26 minutes ago, goodwin said:

Few thoughts

If MH Logistics employees worked for the club I suspect they'd just have been seconded so would be surprised if that generated legal issues for the club.

Sorry I meant that people who worked for the club were employed by M&H rather than by Airdrieonians FC but solely worked for the football club. I know at the very least that was the situation with Iain King. Have no idea what that would mean contractually or legally. 

8 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Sorry I meant that people who worked for the club were employed by M&H rather than by Airdrieonians FC but solely worked for the football club. I know at the very least that was the situation with Iain King. Have no idea what that would mean contractually or legally. 

My understanding is that M H logistics is the parent company of Airdrieonians.

16 minutes ago, Nipper said:

My understanding is that M H logistics is the parent company of Airdrieonians.

If that is the case maybe the legal issue involve MH Logistics disentangling itself from the football club.

22 minutes ago, waysider said:

If that is the case maybe the legal issue involve MH Logistics disentangling itself from the football club.

Companies House.