Sign in to follow this  
The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

When Wilson left my first thought was good, Ballantyne has a plan. Now I'm thinking that Wilson left on his own accord and the thing's a shambles. Hope I'm wrong.

Based on what he said on the radio on Saturday, I would say he walked. He's a young manager starting out in the game and obviously thought if he stayed on it would have ruined him. I lost count of the number of times he said it's going to be a very tough season for the club.

1 hour ago, AFC1878 said:

Based on what he said on the radio on Saturday, I would say he walked. He's a young manager starting out in the game and obviously thought if he stayed on it would have ruined him. I lost count of the number of times he said it's going to be a very tough season for the club.

No be as tough as watching that p***k underperform, ruin us and set the youth back further.

It almost appears that we have a board of Directors that don't want to run the club, a makeshift management team that don't want to be in charge and a squad of players that would rather be playing for some other team, a recipe for disaster.

2 minutes ago, Old Diamond said:

It almost appears that we have a board of Directors that don't want to run the club, a makeshift management team that don't want to be in charge and a squad of players that would rather be playing for some other team, a recipe for disaster.

Understand the first two parts but what's the bit concerning the players based on?

6 minutes ago, waysider said:

Understand the first two parts but what's the bit concerning the players based on?

If you were a player under the current regime, would you want to stay?  it cannot be a good atmosphere, maybe some on here "with insider knowledge" will confirm or dispel

14 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Scott Stewart not back from holiday yet, unlikely he'll sign on.

He'll be a big loss if he goes. We'll be due some kind of compensation I guess, not that it'll come to much. 

8 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

He'll be a big loss if he goes. We'll be due some kind of compensation I guess, not that it'll come to much. 

He's potentially a cracking player who was ruined last season playing in a position that didn't really suit him.   

An attacking threat from midfield with his running power and eye for goal, though defensively switched off a lot at fullback.  

We should have been building around him as our centre mid but we're fannying around spunking wages on Fitzy and presumably Leitch.

3 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

Far too early to say anything about the players or their attitudes.

Would agree with the first two points. It's almost as if they're just keeping things ticking over, going through the motions, doing the minimum until things are finally settled.

The appointment and the speed of it should tell us quite a lot.

Edited by Nipper

Why is it unlikely

Clubs in division above were watching him towards the end of the season. Can't see him rejecting them (if offered) to stay with us.

Ok first rumour concerning our new manager.

Martin Lauchlan ( East Kilbride )

It's so out there it could be true. 

Taken from the 'stomp'

8 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Clubs in division above were watching him towards the end of the season. Can't see him rejecting them (if offered) to stay with us.

There were clubs watching but I'm well aware of the contents of at least one scouting report on him.   That was from a promotion hopeful in championship who need a right back.   Dont think he's that much of a stick on to move.

8 hours ago, Nipper said:

Ok first rumour concerning our new manager.

Martin Lauchlan ( East Kilbride )

It's so out there it could be true. 

Taken from the 'stomp'

If that rumour is true it's the end for Airdrie, What an absolute dogsbreath of a guy, pray it's anybody bar Lauchlan. 

5 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Dylan Mackin has signed for Livvvi I see. I know he's had the odd mention on this thread.

Tbh,  I thought he could do with a breakout season in our league before proving himself higher up.   As a player he has all the weapons, IMO, just needed some confidence,  hopefully for him he gets regular games?