Sign in to follow this  
The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

You're assuming the players whose contracts were up and were made offers have accepted. I haven't seen anything to suggest this. Have I missed it?

8 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

They are on our website.   

Yes. I know. I accept that Russell and Wilson's pictures have been quickly taken away but other parts of the website are out of date. For example, TW is still shown as chairman.

If the players concerned have signed it might indicate that the financial situation is not as bad as I feared. This leaves aside the question as to whether all of them should have been given offers.

Probably start a storm of protest here. I wouldn't have offered Leitch a contract but would have offered Stewart and Brown contracts. I know that you and others don't like Brown because he jumps out of tackles and doesn't cover back. However, he is capable of creating goals with a standard of quick passing which is sadly lacking in others.

Probably start a storm of protest here. I wouldn't have offered Leitch a contract but would have offered Stewart and Brown contracts. I know that you and others don't like Brown because he jumps out of tackles and doesn't cover back. However, he is capable of creating goals with a standard of quick passing which is sadly lacking in others.

With Stewart you know what your getting. Leitch and brown on their day are capable of a decent performance but imo those days didn't come around very often, but if pushed to choose for me I would choose Leitch.

Am I right in thinking pre season starts tomorrow.

Yes and as I understand it to be taken by Dalziel.

Hopefully just a temporary measure. The club need/have to appoint a manager within the next day or two. To give us a fighting chance

Pre season starts tomorrow, Leitch brown and Stewart were offered deals, whether they've agreed to them or not is still unknown. A lot of trialists and 20s will feature on sat I'd imagine

26 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Pre season starts tomorrow, Leitch brown and Stewart were offered deals, whether they've agreed to them or not is still unknown. A lot of trialists and 20s will feature on sat I'd imagine

What's happening on Sat?

just catching up from holiday 

Cheers EJF , thought for a minute the players were back up singers at Elton gig

4 hours ago, carlukediamond said:

Hopefully just a temporary measure. The club need/have to appoint a manager within the next day or two. To give us a fighting chance

I shudder to think who'll be appointed.

Just getting around to seeing the MW news, can't say I'm surprised he has left but I must admit I am shocked at the length of time it has taken him to step down. Always looked way out of his depth and never really seemed to understand what was happening in front of him on the pitch, and the times he had a vague idea what was happening he had no idea how to change it if things were going against us. So in short, thank feck for that.

Hopefully we can get rid of some more deadwood in the coming weeks who are leeching off the club like parasites, need to be making the most of what will undoubtedly be a reduced wage budget.

Will be amazed if Andy Ryan is at Ravenscraig tomorrow.

No doubt it will be big Habib Cissoko leading the line for us this season.

Grim.

Why wouldn't he be there, he's contracted to the club.