Sign in to follow this  
The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

Kenny who would you like as Manager.? 

Pffft, I just post pictures and try, unsuccessfully, to be funny. I'm not the best person to ask !

Since you did, Gus Macpherson would be up there. From what I saw last year and the results overall, Queens Park punched well above their weight. They seemed organised and everyone knew their role, with bit if football thrown in too.

He's been called a dinosaur and in some respects rightly, maybe that's what we need just now. Just no more experiments please.

I'm glad Wilson is away. I never thought he was up to the job. Hopefully Dalziel is next to go and we can get a decent manager in for next season. The Ballantyne's need to come out and confirm if we will be full or part time next season. 

People talking about a shambles is a bit premature. We certainly have been a shambles for some time but Ballantyne deserves to be given a chance. Sacking Wilson is what most people want and surely must be the first action of several. Finance will be a big issue as to whether things remain shambolic but let's give it a few days now that something has started.

I'm glad Wilson is away. I never thought he was up to the job. Hopefully Dalziel is next to go and we can get a decent manager in for next season. The Ballantyne's need to come out and confirm if we will be full or part time next season. 

Dalziel away next week

2 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Dalziel away next week

Hope so. I'd have have been just as worried if they hadn't left. They were abysmal and I'm yet to work out what Dalziel actually contributed  

Hope so. I'd have have been just as worried if they hadn't left. They were abysmal and I'm yet to work out what Dalziel actually contributed  

Got a text from a decent source within fitba shortly after wilson away txt before it was announced. Would be reasonable confident hes right. Agreed re dalziel. Odd appointment

3 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Got a text from a decent source within fitba shortly after wilson away txt before it was announced. Would be reasonable confident hes right. Agreed re dalziel. Odd appointment

Good to know. Any more detail/insight on Wilson leaving?

It is theoretically possible that Wilson left on his own accord but I consider this unlikely given the timing. If he was sacked Ballantyne must have plans to replace him. We need someone there on a Saturday. Dalziel would be mad to give up his other job to attend Airdrie matches. If we lost the first few games he would be sacked. Let's hope Ballantyne's plans include getting rid of Dalziel as well.

I don't think Ballantyne would fancy him or Dalziel for this season. I don't think Wilson would fancy the budget. Mutual seems logical. 

Waysider, do you read other posts before you start typing? You seem to miss/ignore a lot of what's been said before. No problem either way, just wondered. 

29 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

I don't think Ballantyne would fancy him or Dalziel for this season. I don't think Wilson would fancy the budget. Mutual seems logical. 

Waysider, do you read other posts before you start typing? You seem to miss/ignore a lot of what's been said before. No problem either way, just wondered. 

Not sure what you mean. Can you explain a bit further? Not trying to start a fight. Just want to understand your comment and respond if I can.

Wilson on Off the Ball:

Great club, grateful for chance. 
They did reasonably well last year. 
Right time to move away given current circumstances with Chairman moving on. 
Moved to full time football last year, trying to do same again this year. 
But he doesn't think he's the man to take things forward. 
Will be more difficult to sustain. 
Chairman put in a lot of his own money last year. 
Good club, good people there. 
Will need a few people to back the club to get it back to where it needs to be. Training starts back on a Monday. 

10 minutes ago, waysider said:

Not sure what you mean. Can you explain a bit further? Not trying to start a fight. Just want to understand your comment and respond if I can.

No big deal! Just wondered. For instance, I had posted something about Ballantyne being back from his holiday. You then posted something stating Ballantyne must be back from holiday. Another poster was talking about Dalziel being away. You post shortly after hoping Ballantyne will get rid of Dalziel. 

Not having a go!

4 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

No big deal! Just wondered. For instance, I had posted something about Ballantyne being back from his holiday. You then posted something stating Ballantyne must be back from holiday. Another poster was talking about Dalziel being away. You post shortly after hoping Ballantyne will get rid of Dalziel. 

Not having a go!

I do read posts.

With regard to me saying Ballantyne back from holiday it was a sarcastic comment to the news that Wilson had left. With regard to Dalziel, I hope he gets sacked whether he is on holiday or not! 

No offence taken. Interesting but worrying comments by Wilson.

Sandy Stewart was involved with the team last season when TW stopped attending matches and has been seen in the dugout and rumoured to have taking training. I genuinely believe there is strong possibility Sandy Stewart will be the next manager and for me it would be great appointment.

Edited by Cooper81

Finances don't look good but as I pointed out earlier we have at least 7 players on full time contracts. Don't know how we would get out of that. Maybe a combination of part/full time. 

With regard to Sandy Stewart, I think he would be an improvement on what we've had. However, I can't get over excited. His recent career hasn't been inspiring although he was second in command to Coyle. Remember he was sacked when we were marooned at the bottom of the league. One positive is that he will be aware of out weaknesses.

Remember when we were bottom of the league it was the championship. Stewart missed out on promotion within seconds then won the league the following season. Ticks all the boxes for me.