Sign in to follow this  
The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

This 'Hamilton model' is a myth!!

impossible to do without owning stadium. Hamilton's model uses community & Charity programs enabling them to gain funding along with office rentals which helps offset the costs of maintaining stadium. As  well as being a vital part of local community especially for some vulnerable people.

Hamilton stadium is used non stop for youth academy to enable them to bring players through. AFC would need to pay a fortune for stadium hire which would mean a major gamble to club stability.

While the thought of doing a Hamilton is admirable it's unrealistic and worth keeping in mind that McCarthy's don't come along very often or everyone would be doing it.

1 hour ago, Yoda8 said:

impossible to do without owning stadium. Hamilton's model uses community & Charity programs enabling them to gain funding along with office rentals which helps offset the costs of maintaining stadium. As  well as being a vital part of local community especially for some vulnerable people.

Hamilton stadium is used non stop for youth academy to enable them to bring players through. AFC would need to pay a fortune for stadium hire which would mean a major gamble to club stability.

While the thought of doing a Hamilton is admirable it's unrealistic and worth keeping in mind that McCarthy's don't come along very often or everyone would be doing it.

F**k Hamilton.   Owned by gangsters and wronguns.

The same guy who fed us that myth told us Woleki and "Kingy" were genii.

1 hour ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

F**k Hamilton.   Owned by gangsters and wronguns.

The same guy who fed us that myth told us Woleki and "Kingy" were genii.

They've got Colin McGowan on their board? One of the two goons who tried to sell off Stark's Park for property and put us under. 

On 11 June 2017 at 17:30, waysider said:

There's a difference between ambition and judgment. He made us a full time team and genuinely wanted us to get into a higher league. His judgment was terrible.

For me to say there was ambition in our club, I would like to have seen a bigger budget therefore getting in more experienced league 1 players that would have all but guaranteeing going up to the championship, ala Livingston. But each to their own. If ambition to you is all about being full time then batter in. Full time football guarantees nothing. 

21 minutes ago, Afc01 said:

For me to say there was ambition in our club, I would like to have seen a bigger budget therefore getting in more experienced league 1 players that would have all but guaranteeing going up to the championship, ala Livingston. But each to their own. If ambition to you is all about being full time then batter in. Full time football guarantees nothing. 

It may not be reasonable for me to believe everything I read but according to the official statement TW has put considerable funds into the Club. Perhaps it wasn't spent wisely by those he chose to manage it?

30 minutes ago, Afc01 said:

Neither does a bigger budget although it does help.According to the Alloa guy who seems to have inside information about Airdrie claims that last year's budget was second only to Livingston and not by much. I do know that we pay 4 or 5 players what you would expect  players to be paid in the championship.

Hot off the press, Ian King has just been made Senior Technical Coach with North Toronto Soccer in Canada. The headline reads " Turning over a new Maple Leaf "

Agreed that bigger budget & full time football doesn't always guarantee anything but in league one it invariably does. Colin Paterson did an article sometime ago reflecting this.

Having said that, you can get it wrong when you sign the likes of Hugo, don't play him then he walks away with his pay off bursting out his pockets!

They've got Colin McGowan on their board? One of the two goons who tried to sell off Stark's Park for property and put us under. 

Yes it is one in the same !!

Heard we're linked with Andy Ryan. 

2 hours ago, Nipper said:

Hot off the press, Ian King has just been made Senior Technical Coach with North Toronto Soccer in Canada. The headline reads " Turning over a new Maple Leaf "

But who's going to write the match reports now?

1 hour ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

BBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAKKKKKK

I know mate, but will he see out his 3 year contract ? 

Edited by Nipper

7 hours ago, Nipper said:

I know mate, but will he see out his 3 year contract ? 

He's such a fraud.   Read the story a few days ago, loved his wording about how his time was unjustly cut short at Airdrie.   The f**ker should be jailed for the mess he left us in.

12 hours ago, rw89 said:

Yes,  he was the special advisor to our now-estranged half-owner.