Sign in to follow this  
The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

Picking teams is all very well but I don't think the enormity of what has happened has hit home yet. Have we got the money to pay full time players?

2 minutes ago, waysider said:

Picking teams is all very well but I don't think the enormity of what has happened has hit home yet. Have we got the money to pay full time players?

Exactly. The statement yesterday raised more questions than answers. Instead of spewing the bullsh1t they came out with last week the club should have been preparing a proper statement to address the key concerns. 

Still trying to get a grip on where we go after yesterday's statement. But I'm puzzled as to the resentment towards the ballantyne family. Granted they have run the club on a shoe string budget and jb always said he would never put the club in debt is that not a good thing. Maybe others are in the know to in-depth knowledge of the club and hear more about the day to day goings on. I know he's got a huge ego and has been trying to get out but he's always done right by the club. If I'm wrong I'm sure it will be pointed out to me.

The statement didn't make clear whether Wotherspoon would still be backing the club financially or not. If not , then the answer is no. Add to that the cost of using Ravenscraig and the rent at the stadium...

1 hour ago, carlukediamond said:

Still trying to get a grip on where we go after yesterday's statement. But I'm puzzled as to the resentment towards the ballantyne family. Granted they have run the club on a shoe string budget and jb always said he would never put the club in debt is that not a good thing. Maybe others are in the know to in-depth knowledge of the club and hear more about the day to day goings on. I know he's got a huge ego and has been trying to get out but he's always done right by the club. If I'm wrong I'm sure it will be pointed out to me.

They've not helped themselves this time out but the lies, sorry denial, told last week. 

It's been suggested on an other site that as long as T W remains the majority shareholder, ( think it's actually his company) then he will cover the cost of the last year of the full timers and the cost of RavensCraig. However when or if his shareholding changes then this will no longer be the case.

I have no idea how true the above is.

There's an interview with our illustrious director of football in today's Advertiser. He says he thinks that we will remain full time and TW will continue to cover wage bill / costs for the foreseeable. Dalziel and Wilson are due to meet with the Ballentynes next week to discuss this season's budget. 

That article is pretty much pointless. Doesn't sound like Dalziel actually knows much and has a hint of the Comical Ali's about him. "TW will continue to fund as he stays on as majority shareholder but is considering his position". What does that even mean? Will he decide to stop funding it? It's kind of key given budgets are being decided now for the rest of the season. And considering his position? The only way you're no longer majority shareholder is by selling/giving your shares away. And someone needs to want them. Could the journo not have found someone important to talk to?

Edited by Airdrie76

That article is pretty much pointless. Doesn't sound like Dalziel actually knows much and has a hint of the Comical Ali's about him. "TW will continue to fund as he stays on as majority shareholder but is considering his position". What does that even mean? Will he decide to stop funding it? It's kind of key given budgets are being decided now for the rest of the season. And considering his position? The only way you're no longer majority shareholder is by selling/giving your shares away. And someone needs to want them. Could the journo not have found someone important to talk to?

He'll continue to back the club financially but is considering selling the club is what he means if it takes a season for TW to sell it he'll be there until he sells it a don't think he's the man just to pull the plug but giving the Ballantynes full control is like pulling the plug

I think my friends that it is no use speculating or panicking or insulting. If we want an Airdrie team to continue then we must support everyone who has something positive to contribute to our club.

The Ballantyne family have stood by the club (as best they can) since the old board bailed out no fan should ignore that and it looks like they will continue to do so again.

The Trust has it right, what matters is the club prevails and with no stadium ownership, limited finance, and small fan base we need every good will we can muster. The glory days are gone! we must dig in and survive. (Diamonds are forever!!)

2 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Only one man to save the Diamonds emoji849.png94d39a444d932cee12011802c4223d44.jpg

Would take any Spanish players he could supply...

Provided he isn't involved financially

2 hours ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

He'll continue to back the club financially but is considering selling the club is what he means if it takes a season for TW to sell it he'll be there until he sells it a don't think he's the man just to pull the plug but giving the Ballantynes full control is like pulling the plug

Now that's been confirmed elsewhere I'm fine with that (ie update on Facebook from Dougy) I'm fine with it. If true (by that I mean what TW has said) then it's not quite the crisis first thought - but does put us back into the managed declined situation with the Ballantynes and no doubt part time football. Which clearly isn't great as you say!

Likely then we have one shot with this piss poor squad and appalling manager to escape this league and stay full time beyond the length of the existing contracts. Out of interest is that situation enough to get people along/involved!? 

Now that's been confirmed elsewhere I'm fine with that (ie update on Facebook from Dougy) I'm fine with it. If true (by that I mean what TW has said) then it's not quite the crisis first thought - but does put us back into the managed declined situation with the Ballantynes and no doubt part time football. Which clearly isn't great as you say! Likely then we have one shot with this piss poor squad and appalling manager to escape this league and stay full time beyond the length of the existing contracts. Out of interest is that situation enough to get people along/involved!? 

What strikes me is the complete difference in tone between what he's reportedly said above and the statement on Monday. From resigning all his posts and looking at his shares to business as usual, nothing to see here, what's all the fuss?

He was surprised at the reaction - he's obviously learned nothing in the two years in charge or is being disingenuous. Personally, I refuse to believe he's still that naive.

I don't find myself inclined to believe much of what he says anymore.

So let me get this right.

TW has resigned from the board but will still be pumping money into the club, which in effect means that he's leaving the Ballantyne's to spend his money.

That just doesn't tie up one bit. No chance.

2 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

Now that's been confirmed elsewhere I'm fine with that (ie update on Facebook from Dougy) I'm fine with it. If true (by that I mean what TW has said) then it's not quite the crisis first thought - but does put us back into the managed declined situation with the Ballantynes and no doubt part time football. Which clearly isn't great as you say!

Likely then we have one shot with this piss poor squad and appalling manager to escape this league and stay full time beyond the length of the existing contracts. Out of interest is that situation enough to get people along/involved!? 

Can never find anything on Facebook. Is it the Airdrie FC Facebook? I can't see anything from Dougy. Help!