Sign in to follow this  
The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

We will all get a better of understanding where club is at once JB, and AMB meet the fans rep. 

Jim Ballantyne is back in charge and yes its no secret we paid some past players very low wages, however from business sense as club which rents its own stadium for airdrie to survive every penny is a prisoner.

When the golf event started TW hardly attended any matches and the Ballantynes for all the stick they get have never walked away from the club. AMB has been running the club for months and yeah they speak there minds but much rather have that than owner who has stayed silent for months.

We would be better off if all the ballantynes just fucked off they've out stayed there welcome Amb a so called Airdrie fan who hates her fellow fans is enough for me All there're are doing is suffocating us sooner we get rid the better also all this we would be better owning our stadium it cost the dunfys 12k a game in maintenance and where as we pay a max of 5-6k

39 minutes ago, waysider said:

I thought Ballantyne and Hetherington don't get on?

They don't. Why do you ask?

1 hour ago, WeeDiamond90 said:

Aye right enough, some scrap land in downtown Airdrie is really what developers are paying big bucks for these days, not to mention the demolition costs and loss of income. if your figure are correct a minimun of £100,000 per annum before you add any parking or pie stall profits, and that's just for the Airdrie games held there. The demolition of that stadium would be in the £100's of thousands as well. 

Just leave it vacant and the locals will demolish it for you......

Seriously - this was the point I made a couple of pages ago, the stadium company must be in the horns of a dilemma on this one,  Lose the club and you lose your income stream.  I may be wrong but if you look at old maps that area was heavily mined and the ground may not be suitable for houses, also has the council not zoned the land as recreational?  They could possibly get planning permission eventually but considering how long it took Airdrie to get permission to build the stadium it is not going to be this year or possibly next year, a long time to be without income.

11 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

We would be better off if all the ballantynes just fucked off they've out stayed there welcome Amb a so called Airdrie fan who hates her fellow fans is enough for me All there're are doing is suffocating us sooner we get rid the better also all this we would be better owning our stadium it cost the dunfys 12k a game in maintenance and where as we pay a max of 5-6k

Dumferline 12k in maintenance per game where are you getting those figures from ?

Do you think AMB dislikes every Airdrie fan I very much doubt it.

If Ballantynes went do you think we would still have a club ?

Edited by Cooper81

Dumferline costs them 12k in maintenance where you getting those figures from ?
If Ballantynes went do you think we would have a club ?

Yes the stadium co are very interested in the club but refuse to be in the in the same room as the fat controller

Dumferline 12k in maintenance per game where are you getting those figures from ?
If Ballantynes went do you think we would still have a club ?

At what point did I say every fan?

2 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Yes the stadium co are very interested in the club but refuse to be in the in the same room as the fat controller

Well if that was the case they don't want the club enough. 

Well if that was the case they don't want the club enough. 

TBH they want it more than JB and he gets made out to be the saviour, a wish they never opened it back up in 2002

Good reason for it as well, as far as I'm led to believe they down voted everyone else's ideas back in the day we're driving away investment from keen supporters. They are parasites but at the moment it's all we have. I certainly won't be giving them another penny.

17 minutes ago, Tory Boy said:

They don't. Why do you ask?

It's been said on here several times, the latest a few minutes ago. I would add that I have no inside knowledge, just going on what's been said.

4 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

TBH they want it more than JB and he gets made out to be the saviour, a wish they never opened it back up in 2002

What evidence do you have they want it more, as they have never came out openly and said they want to buy the club. A lot of the comments being said on here begin with statements to best my knowledge of what I know or what I'm led to believe. 

Edited by Cooper81

What evidence do you have they want it more, as they have never came out openly and said they want to buy the club.

It would make it somewhat more valuable I think if they said the wanted it

Just now, Diamond8 said:

It would make it somewhat more valuable I think if they said the wanted it

Completely agree with you.

32 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Completely agree with you.

Good to see Coope81 back with his informative views.

Same lad was telling all and sundry, just over 5 months ago, that's we'd be outspending Livvy to the title. Given how close he was with that projection, I, for one, welcome his interjection into this thread.

Huzzah for Cooper 81!

Edited by Pesadilla

As I said earlier no good will come of greeting about the Ballantynes. There are so many stories that some of them must be true. Personally I have always found Ann Marie very helpful and extremely competent.

Whatever we think, they are all we have and regardless of any nastiness in recent years they laid out a considerable sum of money to give us a club to complain about.

Has anyone any views as to whether TW will have made any financial provision to honour full time commitments for those on 2 year contracts? If not, we might not be here much longer.

We entered into a contract with NL Leisure to use Ravenscraig as well which won't be easy to get out of.

1 hour ago, Pesadilla said:

Good to see Coope81 back with his informative views.

Same lad was telling all and sundry, just over 5 months ago, that's we'd be outspending Livvy to the title. Given how close he was with that projection, I, for one, welcome his interjection into this thread.

Huzzah for Cooper 81!

Not once did I say we would outspend Livingston. I felt we had a shout at the league if TW had stood by McBride and backed him instead TW installed Wilson/ Dalziel with neither Dalziel or TW attending matches which left the fans questioning what was happening.

Edited by Cooper81

6 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Not once did I say we would outspend Livingston. I felt we had a shout at the league if TW had stood by McBride and backed him instead TW installed Wilson/ Dalziel with neither Dalziel or TW attending matches which left the fans questioning what was happening.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Nonsense.

I cannot be fucked going through your old posts - that would be like wading through a reservoir of fetid dog shit - but you said Livvy had done their business and you thought we'd bring in a few more quality signings and push on for the league. No mention of keeping McBride etc.

Give it up fella. You're not in the know. You don't have a clue.

So, at the moment our squad looks something like:

Starting XI
Ferguson
Higgins - McIntosh - Gorman - Fitzpatrick
Louden - Conroy - McLaughlin - McDonald 
Ryan - Russell
Subs
Kerr 
Cairns
Leighton

Don't mean to be all doom and gloom but that looks fucking grim. In a perfect world, we'd sign a GK, two CBs, a RB, a Winger (2 if we don't resign Brown), a box-to-box CM and another Striker (2 if we lose Ryan). I would re-sign Stewart and maybe Brown if the budget allowed.

I'd be happy enough with:
Ferguson/ New GK
McIntosh - New CB - New CB - Fitzpatrick
Louden/ Brown - Conroy - Stewart - New Winger
Ryan - Russell/ New Striker

If we persist with guys like Ferguson, Gorman, McDonald and rely on untried youngsters coming good we have no chance of challenging for the league.

That "fucking grim" team now seems best case scenario. Oh dear.

3 hours ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

deary me. Did the ballantyne family steal your lunch or something. That amount of hate is unhealthy ; go get some help