Sign in to follow this  
The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

6 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Wonder if we’ll have any incoming signings??

JS48212057.jpg

27 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Wonder if we’ll have any incoming signings??

image.jpg

16 hours ago, Nipper said:

The bit that doesn't fit is taking us to the brink of administration during the summer.

Yeah, slightly contradictory behaviour.  Maybe the threat of administration was overstated, maybe they wanted to see if the club could be funded sustainably this season before deciding what to do next, maybe some of our owners decided to throw their toys out of the pram, maybe the response to the administration threat triggered a better than expected takeup of season tickets and sponsorship and forced a change of heart, maybe someone else is calling the shots and has a different plan, maybe lack of interest from other parties for the club changed peoples' minds of what approach to take, maybe an expression of interest triggered some frantic replanning, maybe we just decided not to sign sh!/t players this year, maybe we're not being told facts which, if known, would result in a different assessment than the ones listed above.

Football is a great game for rumours that eventually end up having no basis in reality whatsoever.

I have followed this thread, or at least tried to, over the last few days. Is it possible that some of the conspiracy theories are wide of the mark and what we have here are a series of cockups?

12 minutes ago, waysider said:

I have followed this thread, or at least tried to, over the last few days. Is it possible that some of the conspiracy theories are wide of the mark and what we have here are a series of cockups?

Yes, but how would we pass the time without a game this weekend if your simple explanation of events was true

5 minutes ago, goodwin said:

Yes, but how would we pass the time without a game this weekend if your simple explanation of events was true

Spring cleaning our Ivory Towers like yourself your lordship.

Sounding like a broken record but I'd take administration. Clubs essentially worthless, give them pennies in the pound for their shares.

You don't sound like a broken record, you sound like a loony. Do you even know how a company administration works?

2 minutes ago, Polomint said:

You don't sound like a broken record, you sound like a loony. Do you even know how a company administration works?

Not very friendly for a new boy.

For anyone who is advocating administration, please look at what happened with Glasgow Rangers. Craig Whyte, who by all accounts was well practiced in doing this to avoid outstanding debts, thought that he could control the outcome (he was even allowed to use his own Administrator) but ended up killing Rangers stone dead.

Don't think that we would get the same favourable treatment Sevco got.

Minty has a long history of controversial comments.

At least Pie and Bovril has an "ignore" function unlike the stomp so if someone talks utter drivel on a regular basis you can save yourself from ever having to read their posts. I imagine he will be joining Fide and 1320Lichtie on mine soon....

To be honest in this instance I agree with Polomint although I would not have put it so bluntly. I think Tory Boy (probably with some justification) wants revenge on certain people but to the detriment of the club. Administration can work out disastrously.

I don't believe in anyway going into administration is the best way forward we have a chairman who is accountant and has always ran the club within tight budget and i believe is doing his best to help the club break even.

WHAT DO ADMINISTRATORS DO?

Administrators are accountants( which Ballantynes are) whose job is to get get the best deal for the club and those they owe money to by either finding a buyer or minimising losses.

They are responsible for the running of club and will try and increase revenue. This is generally done by selling off assets (normally the best players Andy Ryan, Rohan) and using contacts( the 5 loan players) to find investment. They may also try and seek a deal with creditors to reduce the amount of debt they have to pay.

In short, administrators are in charge of everything except what happens on the pitch.

WHAT ARE THE PUNISHMENTS FOR ENTERING ADMINISTRATION?

If a club in the Football League enters administration they are automatically deducted ten points. 

so what are the benefits of entering administration as i don't see any.

Edited by Cooper81

56 minutes ago, Polomint said:

For anyone who is advocating administration, please look at what happened with Glasgow Rangers. Craig Whyte, who by all accounts was well practiced in doing this to avoid outstanding debts, thought that he could control the outcome (he was even allowed to use his own Administrator) but ended up killing Rangers stone dead.

Don't think that we would get the same favourable treatment Sevco got.

No guarantees as you say, but Whyte was never in control of that admin as HMRC wouldn't do a deal (which was widely stated outwith the Scottish media). A key point he failed to understand. Just as Barr was an issue for ourselves... who's to say TW/M&H Logistics wouldn't be just as difficult. 

Of the two clubs that did come out of admin recently, Dunfermline had Masterton writing off debt to ensure a CVA, just as you had Ukio Bankas and Ubig playing ball with Hearts when required. 

Not to say the admin route wouldn't work but it's a big gamble and would require sympathy from others. 

Edited by Airdrie76

3 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

No guarantees as you say, but Whyte was never in control of that admin as HMRC wouldn't do a deal (which was widely stated outwith the Scottish media). A key point he failed to understand. Just as Barr was an issue for ourselves... who's to say TW/M&H Logistics wouldn't be just as difficult. 

Of the two clubs that did come out of admin recently, Dunfermline had Masterton writing off debt to ensure a CVA, just as you had Ukio Bankas and Ubig playing ball with Hearts when required. 

Not to say the admin route wouldn't work but it's a big gamble. 

What exactly do we owe TW/ M&H ?

That is why i mentioned previous comment about minority shareholders asking to see the club accounts as it would then give us all idea of what TW is owed. Though i don't agree with it. 

Edited by Cooper81

11 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

They are responsible for the running of club and will try and increase revenue ....

.... while adding their significant administration fee to the running costs of the club.

What did KPMG cost the old Airdrieonians?  Was it about 800K for 2 years effort.

19 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

WHAT ARE THE PUNISHMENTS FOR ENTERING ADMINISTRATION?

If a club in the Football League enters administration they are automatically deducted ten points. 

so what are the benefits of entering administration as i don't see any.

It's actually a 15 point deduction with a further 5 point deduction the season after.