Sign in to follow this  
The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

Does any of this remind anyone of our last year under McCall ?
Let's hope for a better outcome this time.

That's exactly the feeling I've had for the last month, assemble a squad on a shoestring budget, if they perform as well as that season then I don't think there can be any arguments, but obviously a different final outcome for the club preferable.

21 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

That's exactly the feeling I've had for the last month, assemble a squad on a shoestring budget, if they perform as well as that season then I don't think there can be any arguments, but obviously a different final outcome for the club preferable.

That was a different situation.  

Ballantyne has us budgeted to finish the season then all contracts are spent.

If no new owners - and we're still League 1 - we start afresh,  most likely as Jimmy Boyle era MKII.   Still up for sale and the Uddingston Mob still holdin us to ransom.   Unless there're more funny money to be converted into a legit debt.

If we miraculously get promoted on this shoestring squad of loanees and the 80% has not been sold,  maybe our 80% owners would be invigorated, or their shares would be much more sellable.

4 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

The analogy refers to the fact we are stuck with these pollutions unless we contrive a truly benevolent lottery winner.   Dalziel's job ( no way he is working for nothing) is to make us sellable on a reduced budget.   Then we'll be in the grasp of the next despicable cretin that McGowan uncovers.

Ok, thanks.  That's kind of where I was going with my thought process.  Make the club more successful on the park, improve their chances of getting an asking price that will help them recoup some portion of the money that they've wasted over the past 18 months.

It's still a hypothesis and I wouldn't mortgage the house on it being the case, but it fits the known facts.

I'm guessing the Ryan and Ferguson sales and associated loan deals are a way of getting the necessary personnel into the club in as cost neutral a way as possible.  Oh, if only they'd tried this approach last year.  It might have saved whoever is left with the IOU a shedload of cash and produced a more successful outcome.

1 hour ago, stuartcraig said:

Ok, thanks.  That's kind of where I was going with my thought process.  Make the club more successful on the park, improve their chances of getting an asking price that will help them recoup some portion of the money that they've wasted over the past 18 months.

It's still a hypothesis and I wouldn't mortgage the house on it being the case, but it fits the known facts.

I'm guessing the Ryan and Ferguson sales and associated loan deals are a way of getting the necessary personnel into the club in as cost neutral a way as possible.  Oh, if only they'd tried this approach last year.  It might have saved whoever is left with the IOU a shedload of cash and produced a more successful outcome.

The bit that doesn't fit is taking us to the brink of administration during the summer.

1 hour ago, Nipper said:

The bit that doesn't fit is taking us to the brink of administration during the summer.

The questions i would love answers to,

How much did TW pay for his shares

Does the club owe any money to TM or M and H Logistics or were there any loans etc taking out in the clubs name.

Do minority shareholders have any right to view the clubs accounts.

48 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

The questions i would love answers to,

How much did TW pay for his shares

Does the club owe any money to TM or M and H Logistics or were there any loans etc taking out in the clubs name.

Do minority shareholders have any right to view the clubs accounts.

The answer to the last question is yes - all shareholders should receive the annual accounts prior to the AGM.  Any other financial information is at the discretion of the directors

6 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

Not that I'm advocating his return but the lad Conor scullion we had on loan from Hamilton last season has had his contract cancelled at Hamilton.

Judging by his non performance with us not surprised

38 minutes ago, diamonds2002 said:

The answer to the last question is yes - all shareholders should receive the annual accounts prior to the AGM.  Any other financial information is at the discretion of the directors

On top of that any directors with a shareholding of 5% and greater can call a general meeting. Majority Shareholders have a duty of care to all shareholders and the company. If a minority shareholder belives that a director is acting "improperly" (this includes spending money they believe the company cannot afford) they can take legal action to stop it. There are a number of legal stages the company can go through to solve any dispute. The final one being court. If the majority shareholder is found to be failing their responsibilities and could lead to disqualification as a director, fines, criminal prosecution or being made personally liable for the company's debts.

Edited by Tory Boy

Not that I'm advocating his return but the lad Conor scullion we had on loan from Hamilton last season has had his contract cancelled at Hamilton.

He’s shite,wee shitebag,just shite all together

22 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Sky sports cameras outside ravenscraigemoji102.pngemoji102.png

That's because we're about to announce the signing of Sanchez from Arsenal.

You’d have the sack for that one of you announced that one on deadline day today

#oldnews

I know it was announced yesterday. But the length of loan wasn't mentioned. The wolves academy tweeted the deal was until Jan 3rd.

12 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

I know it was announced yesterday. But the length of loan wasn't mentioned. The wolves academy tweeted the deal was until Jan 3rd.

It was mentioned on here yesterday that it was to January. #nojimwhite