Sign in to follow this  
The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

33 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

I tend to believe this is more accurate - he's not doing the club a favour, he's doing TW a favour.

Surprising fb post, but fooling no-one. We will all be behind the team, however, what everyone needs to be realising is that TW is no longer the real issue here.

Gordon Dalziel was brought in by Colin McGowan - TW's advisor/broker - to run the ship. TW stopped running the club long ago. Look at Raith Rovers from 2004-2006 when Gordon Dalziel was manager....Colin McGowan was chairman. Other directors at the time...Frankie Donuts Donaldson, Alex Short. GD will most definitely be benefiting in some way from this. 

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/raith-face-stark-reality-that-time-is-running-out-1-1391692

McGowan is the one looking for £300k for 70% of the shares. Where on earth does that value come from ? Sure as hell it's not just TW who has put money in. Remember the Alan Love shenanigans a couple of years back? TW's pal. Was never refuted that he was involved when asked outright at the 1st q&a.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/alan-love-sacked-over-fake-1314664

Is it really just TW who wants his money back? Or is it the other silent shareholders in the background? TW was always going to give it back to the fans....but now wants ridiculous money for his mistakes and to recoup everything ?

And lets not get carried away with the JB saving us yet again bluster. JB knows all these guys from his Seventh Heaven days. He is there for a reason and connected to everyone. He made the call to CM and that's where TW came from.

12 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

TW:   "I'm funding f/t fitba on crowds of 800 out of my own pocket" translated to "I'm walking away and you owe me £350k in directors loans"

JB:  "All my family's money I've put in out of my own pocket" translates into,  you owe me "X amount in directors loans".

TW and JB tells us GD and all the others are working for nothing.   Aye, we believe you.

I'm getting worried about how often I'm agreeing with you DBM

Spot on

20 hours ago, The Real Ceecilia said:

Surprising fb post, but fooling no-one. We will all be behind the team, however, what everyone needs to be realising is that TW is no longer the real issue here.

Gordon Dalziel was brought in by Colin McGowan - TW's advisor/broker - to run the ship. TW stopped running the club long ago. Look at Raith Rovers from 2004-2006 when Gordon Dalziel was manager....Colin McGowan was chairman. Other directors at the time...Frankie Donuts Donaldson, Alex Short. GD will most definitely be benefiting in some way from this. 

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/raith-face-stark-reality-that-time-is-running-out-1-1391692

McGowan is the one looking for £300k for 70% of the shares. Where on earth does that value come from ? Sure as hell it's not just TW who has put money in. Remember the Alan Love shenanigans a couple of years back? TW's pal. Was never refuted that he was involved when asked outright at the 1st q&a.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/alan-love-sacked-over-fake-1314664

Is it really just TW who wants his money back? Or is it the other silent shareholders in the background? TW was always going to give it back to the fans....but now wants ridiculous money for his mistakes and to recoup everything ?

And lets not get carried away with the JB saving us yet again bluster. JB knows all these guys from his Seventh Heaven days. He is there for a reason and connected to everyone. He made the call to CM and that's where TW came from.

I think its just lack of proof that's stopped most people from posting about all this. Lot's of us will have heard the stories of these people in the background and dodgy deals. It may come from reliable sources but with lack of evidence you've to watch flinging mud.

I just wish we could get rid of the lot of them, start again with a clean slate.

1 hour ago, Tory Boy said:

I think its just lack of proof that's stopped most people from posting about all this. Lot's of us will have heard the stories of these people in the background and dodgy deals. It may come from reliable sources but with lack of evidence you've to watch flinging mud.

I just wish we could get rid of the lot of them, start again with a clean slate.

Totally agree. 

Notice that M&H proudly posting their support with the SPGA & Hamilton Accies on Facebook today. Anyone else think TW should be reported under the fit and proper persons thingy?

4 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Notice that M&H proudly posting their support with the SPGA & Hamilton Accies on Facebook today. Anyone else think TW should be reported under the fit and proper persons thingy?

So what about the legacy he wanted to leave behind ? Some legacy !!!

49 minutes ago, Nipper said:

So what about the legacy he wanted to leave behind ? Some legacy !!!

TW is a joke.

The guy should be held liable for decisions he has made at our football club which he walked out on. TW offered 2 year contracts and he signed us up to Ravenscraig he simply isn't paying the commitments he made to the club if he was decent he would have honoured the contracts and Ravenscraig. TW didn't even have the bottle to come to the recent meeting which TW was invited to.

1 hour ago, Cooper81 said:

TW is a joke.

The guy should be held liable for decisions he has made at our football club which he walked out on. TW offered 2 year contracts and he signed us up to Ravenscraig he simply isn't paying the commitments he made to the club if he was decent he would have honoured the contracts and Ravenscraig. TW didn't even have the bottle to come to the recent meeting which TW was invited to.

What I can't understand about it all is the fact that if I owned something that I wanted to sell on, I wouldn't allow it to fall into disrepair, especially if I wanted to recoup my money. When you think about the absolute shambles the club was allowed to get in over the summer with no money to pay wages etc what did T W expect to happen or hope would happen ?

21 minutes ago, Nipper said:

What I can't understand about it all is the fact that if I owned something that I wanted to sell on, I wouldn't allow it to fall into disrepair, especially if I wanted to recoup my money. When you think about the absolute shambles the club was allowed to get in over the summer with no money to pay wages etc what did T W expect to happen or hope would happen ?

My thoughts as well why let the club go bust for much less than £300,000 which is reported he is after for his shares. If he didn't want to be paying any costs anymore towards airdrie why not sell his shares cheaper rather than getting nothing at all. If JB hadn't stepped up would TW have allowed the club to go bust and get nothing for his shares.

1 hour ago, Cooper81 said:

My thoughts as well why let the club go bust for much less than £300,000 which is reported he is after for his shares. If he didn't want to be paying any costs anymore towards airdrie why not sell his shares cheaper rather than getting nothing at all. If JB hadn't stepped up would TW have allowed the club to go bust and get nothing for his shares.

That's the million dollar question....

9 hours ago, Nipper said:

That's the million dollar question....

The advertiser today - 

TW wants £350,000 but its negotiable.

( how much did he buy his shares for)

TW states number of interested parties.

TW states club is in better shape than when he first arrived. 

Consortium of 12 ready to step in support the club if airdrie was to go into administration.

JB goes on to say the club has made great progress due to considerable effort by many people such as Holemaster and the sale of Andy Ryan.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrie-minded-businessmen-vow-not-11079582

I'm glad to see the due diligence stuff finally coming out.

This was one of the final straws for me. Shocking way to treat the Supporters Trust. Doing a deal on the quiet with Wotherspoon all the while allowing the Trust to waste money on due diligence and takeover plans.

All as clear as mud. I hope we avoid administration because that would involve penalties, possibly relegation. I had assumed that administration was now off the table at present anyway?

Let's hope TW drops his price to something more realistic that "Airdrie minded" people are prepared to pay so we can finally be rid of him.

4 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

I really shouldn't be, but I'm astonished that TW believes we are in a better position now than two years ago.

The guy's deluded.

I don't think he's deluded. He knows the position well. Just talking up his asking price.

Let's hope TW drops his price to something more realistic that "Airdrie minded" people are prepared to pay so we can finally be rid of him.

My interpretation of the article is that the Airdrie business people would step in if the club entered administration but are not interested in buyingTW's shares.

Just now, AFC1878 said:

My interpretation of the article is that the Airdrie business people would step in if the club entered administration but are not interested in buyingTW's shares.

My interpretation is that they are not actively pursuing a takeover because they don't want to destabilise the club but if the current owners approach them .... then who knows?

7 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

I agree. Separate from them TW is  quoted as saying several people were interested in buying. Accords with 'the word in the street'.