Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Nipper said:

The assumtion that the minority shareholders had any say or were consulted in the running of the club is wrong and as already stated, if J B had knocked back T W he would have got slaughtered.

Agree he'd have been chased if he'd knocked it back. Should/could better assurances been put in place though? And the point is Wotherspoon allegedly wasn't aware of everything that was going on or decisions being made. Ballantyne was on the board. Did he not have a responsibility in that capacity? To raise concerns, challenge decisions etc. Don't get me wrong I absolutely blame Wotherspoon for the mess we're in. I'm just interested in how it all went down - and the question was asked what mistakes Ballantyne made so thinking out loud. In relation to this without inside knowledge we'll never know. 

Edited by Airdrie76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that was a turn up for the books..... the first game I've genuinely enjoyed for a while (last week being a bit tentative on the need to get a result)

hurrah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agree he'd have been chased if he'd knocked it back. Should/could better assurances been put in place though? And the point is Wotherspoon allegedly wasn't aware of everything that was going on or decisions being made. Ballantyne was on the board. Did he not have a responsibility in that capacity? To raise concerns, challenge decisions etc. Don't get me wrong I absolutely blame Wotherspoon for the mess we're in. I'm just interested in how it all went down - and the question was asked what mistakes Ballantyne made so thinking out loud. In relation to this without inside knowledge we'll never know. 

For all we know he did raise concerns and TW played his "it's my toy and I'll do whatever the f**k I like with it" card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:


For all we know he did raise concerns and TW played his "it's my toy and I'll do whatever the f**k I like with it" card.

Agree, we'll never know in reality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the highlights. Wasn't at the game but from the highlights looked very energetic, looked hungry and with a wee bit more composure the win could have been greater. Was impressed with the way Fitzpatrick handled himself with the interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else think that any money we've got left in the budget should be used to sign the two trialists and keep going with Fitzy and Dalziel until at least Christmas. I know Fitz is going for another op but I'm sure Findlay could step in for a few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all very well thinking Fitz is brilliant based on one result. A couple of defeats and he'll be an idiot. No, we should sign a properly qualified manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an interesting post by Dougy on Facebook reporting on a discussion with GD. One bit that jumps out at you is GD saying under £200 was spent on the new players. This must be a misprint?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, waysider said:

There's an interesting post by Dougy on Facebook reporting on a discussion with GD. One bit that jumps out at you is GD saying under £200 was spent on the new players. This must be a misprint?

It won't be.

Rohan deal to Motherwell there is a good possibility they loaned us Watt and Hastie for nothing as well as Motherwell paying the remainder of Rohan wages.

McGregor and Tierney I believe we may paying nothing towards there wages.

Tom Fry signed contract and I think Dalziel meant regards to recent players to join the club.

Dougy post was good and Dalziel deserves credit we have a team the now I think is better than last year on a much lesser budget.

Fitzpatrick comes across well and I'm all for backing him.

Willis Furtado is only 19 and scored 7 goals for stenny last year for anyone that doesnt know.

Edited by Cooper81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/08/2017 at 23:22, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Here f**k up with giving Dalziel abuse!

 

The man works for nothing helping out our team,where we have no manager,he stopped the club from falling to bits!!

 

We should be grateful that he’s still here!

 

The man we should be venting our frustrations at is the fat controller many times is he gonnae take the piss out of us before we wake up and smell the coffee the man is poison and should be nowhere near our team,he’s as just as bad as TW,peat etc......

Works for nothing ma baws, how do you know ? Do you do payroll??

he came in and undermined the manager wanting to pick team and sit in a studio. 

If the money spent on him and Wilson last season was  spent on a centre half or two we might have been in Championship and TW wouldn't have bailed out.

How come you don't believe anything that comes out JB or club but GD word is gospel when anyone who listens to Clyde knows he talks pish constantly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Yoda8 said:

Works for nothing ma baws, how do you know ? Do you do payroll??

he came in and undermined the manager wanting to pick team and sit in a studio. 

If the money spent on him and Wilson last season was  spent on a centre half or two we might have been in Championship and TW wouldn't have bailed out.

How come you don't believe anything that comes out JB or club but GD word is gospel when anyone who listens to Clyde knows he talks pish constantly 

So it's Dalziel's fault ( who was brought in by T W ) that T W walked. F F S and yes he does work for expenses as was confirmed by J B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nipper said:

So it's Dalziel's fault ( who was brought in by T W ) that T W walked. F F S and yes he does work for expenses as was confirmed by J B.

Never said at any point it was GD fault. If someone offers you a cushy number where you can pick team but sit in a radio studio meaning you're getting paid by both on match day then you'd be crazy not to take it. 

Its TW fault that he gave him job in first place. What I said was if he'd spent money  that he spent on GD MW & the pay off to McBride on the defenders that McB wanted & needed we might not be in mess we're in just now. 

For me the rot started the minute King was let loose in the place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yoda8 said:

Never said at any point it was GD fault. If someone offers you a cushy number where you can pick team but sit in a radio studio meaning you're getting paid by both on match day then you'd be crazy not to take it. 

Its TW fault that he gave him job in first place. What I said was if he'd spent money  that he spent on GD MW & the pay off to McBride on the defenders that McB wanted & needed we might not be in mess we're in just now. 

For me the rot started the minute King was let loose in the place

In that case it was doomed before it got started since King was there at the beginning. You could be right because I don't believe getting to the championship would have made any difference to T W decision to quit the club.The writing was on the wall last Christmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, waysider said:

It's all very well thinking Fitz is brilliant based on one result. A couple of defeats and he'll be an idiot. No, we should sign a properly qualified manager.

And what will a properly qualified manager be after a couple of defeats ? No, would much rather sign the two trialists.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nipper said:

And what will a properly qualified manager be after a couple of defeats ? No, would much rather sign the two trialists.

 

Was thinking the same myself, if there is a choice to be made

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Yoda8 said:

Works for nothing ma baws, how do you know ? Do you do payroll??

he came in and undermined the manager wanting to pick team and sit in a studio. 

If the money spent on him and Wilson last season was  spent on a centre half or two we might have been in Championship and TW wouldn't have bailed out.

How come you don't believe anything that comes out JB or club but GD word is gospel when anyone who listens to Clyde knows he talks pish constantly 

How about he is not being paid by the club but is being paid by TW to keep an eye on and rescue his investment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How about he is not being paid by the club but is being paid by TW to keep an eye on and rescue his investment?


I tend to believe this is more accurate - he's not doing the club a favour, he's doing TW a favour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TW:   "I'm funding f/t fitba on crowds of 800 out of my own pocket" translated to "I'm walking away and you owe me £350k in directors loans"

JB:  "All my family's money I've put in out of my own pocket" translates into,  you owe me "X amount in directors loans".

TW and JB tells us GD and all the others are working for nothing.   Aye, we believe you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TW:   "I'm funding f/t fitba on crowds of 800 out of my own pocket" translated to "I'm walking away and you owe me £350k in directors loans"
JB:  "All my family's money I've put in out of my own pocket" translates into,  you owe me "X amount in directors loans".
TW and JB tells us GD and all the others are working for nothing.   Aye, we believe you.
 


Thank god I'm not the only one that's not lapping up the bullshit with a soup spoon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...