Sign in to follow this  
The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

5 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

Firstly What age is novo.
Secondly might have some decent contacts to get a few players in.

He's 38 with no coaching experience. 

He's 38 with no coaching experience. 

Has he at least got the relevant qualifications answered my own question

Nacho Novo

UEFA Licenced Coach & Highly Decorated Professional Football Player

plus if nothing else it would raise the profile of the club

15 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

Has he at least got the relevant qualifications

No idea - I just remember that when he didn't get a coaching role at Rangers he said he had no coaching experience.

Ballantyne said himself this isn't a job for an inexperienced person. Wilson had the qualifications (but no experience) didn't he? He was a disaster. 

Edited by Airdrie76

Today has been a bad day even by the standards of the last couple of months for the club. Ryan gone and humped by QoS. 

Last week's statement promised new players coming into the club. I sincerely hope these players are not just a couple of Motherwell youngsters which is the last thing we need. If we don't get some good experienced pros in fast we are going to end up bottom of the league.

I sincerely hope I feel cheerier by the end of the week.

27 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

Has he at least got the relevant qualifications answered my own question

Nacho Novo

UEFA Licenced Coach & Highly Decorated Professional Football Player

plus if nothing else it would raise the profile of the club

In the same way wee Barry raised the profile of Clyde? We'll need to agree to disagree. We've tried the qualified inexperienced coach with McBride and Wilson (and EWB in terms of management in the men's game) and look how that went. 

7 minutes ago, waysider said:

Today has been a bad day even by the standards of the last couple of months for the club. Ryan gone and humped by QoS. 

Last week's statement promised new players coming into the club. I sincerely hope these players are not just a couple of Motherwell youngsters which is the last thing we need. If we don't get some good experienced pros in fast we are going to end up bottom of the league.

I sincerely hope I feel cheerier by the end of the week.

Remember the days when playing and beating the likes of Q O S was a walk in the park.

Just now, AFC1878 said:

So Aitchison isn't the manager?

The official website words things carefully. From what it said about him I'm not even sure if he's a permanent appointment.

5 hours ago, AFCJunior said:

Owl twat chugging over Airdrie thread shocker.

Oh its the wee butthurt soul from Twitter.  

giphy.gif

Anyway........

We get pumped. Ryan scores at a higher level. 

Glad I never bought a season ticket. 

:lol:

I'm disappointed to see Andy Ryan leave as I thought he could be the difference between staying up and relegation but with our current financial problems I suppose it would be difficult to turn down any half decent offer. If the rumours of Ferguson also being sold this week are true hopefully we can get some players (and a manager) in before Saturday. I can't see where any goals will come from now that Ryan and Iain Russell are both gone. 

Posted this on other thread so here I go again.

Anyway on to the game and four crosses meant four goals, two from corners, two from unchallenged wing deliveries. We could have scored in the third minute with Russell heading wide but for the rest of the first half it was QOTS dominance. The team did not stop putting in effort but we rarely got a shot in. I feared a real thumping in the 2nd half but somehow we ground out almost a 2nd half no scoring draw till the last few minutes. Felt Thomson did really well after replacing the injured Loudon and given that we were up yet again against an experienced side it is hard to be too critical. However we still gave so much space to their left back that again the right hand side was wide open. Higgins might well be a full back but he did not play there as he appears to be told to "tuck in" and the gaps are ever present for crossing. Many rumours of Nacho in the car park etc but no actual signs as far as I could see. What we missed in midfield was the guile/shape/discipline evident in one John Rankine and up front they had Dobbie and Lyle-enough said. How we cope at Rovers on Saturday is a real worry as they drew 2-2 down here. New players are coming thanks to Ryan's departure but I remain sceptical.

So that would be a lie then. Sick of people making excuses for JB if you are factually correct and the undisclosed fee is only 20k then would rather have kept him as promised.
Once again the statement on Saturday evening build false hope then snatched cruelly away on a Tuesday.  Would be as well rebranding as Rangers colts to keep the kid happy at this rate.

It’s in the region of 20k would’ve kept him utter joke from baldy

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/director-football-gordon-dalziel-confirms-10996283

Dalziel confirms that he's spoken with Nacho Novo RE the manager's job in the Advertiser. 'Willie Aitchison is currently taking the team as head coach, however it now appears the club are looking for a permanent replacement for Mark Wilson who left in June'. 

Not sure where that leaves us with regards to the need for two qualified coaches. Would Aitchison stay on and work with or under Novo then?

29 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

It’s in the region of 20k would’ve kept him utter joke from baldy

The 20k is a complete guess by the Advertiser. They've also reported that Ferguson is leaving with no money changing hands but we'll get him back for the season, his wages paid and a sell on fee. It's a bit like if you won't tell us we'll  make it up.

The 20k is a complete guess by the Advertiser. They've also reported that Ferguson is leaving with no money changing hands but we'll get him back for the season, his wages paid and a sell on fee. It's a bit like if you won't tell us we'll  make it up.

It’s the Great JB giving you all this we’ll no sell him till we get a decent fee a conman at work,f**k the whole ballantyne family poison

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB