The Chlamydia Kid

Airdrieonians off season thread 2017

To be fair its only really one person who was actually moaning on Facebook thread saying she wouldn't be back.

The first person who posted on the thread against Penny Cars was tongue in cheek. He has his own taxi company. He joked about not going back....etc. a few others who know him were joking back. Then others took it all serious and jumped into the conversation biting like f**k. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

I’ve seen a lot of airdrie fans moaning because of the penny cabs sponsorship,who do they think we are we can’t be turning down serious money it could be called the diamond dolls stadium for all I care it will always be called new broomfield or broomfield

The word on the street is the sponsors have chosen "Fir Park" as the new stadium name.

Some more signing news tonight with Leighton McIntosh joining the club. https://www.airdriefc.com/leightonmcintosh-300518 

Another good piece of business. Never been a star but always done a decent job at this level and I'm pretty sure his goals to games ratio is pretty good. Felt we needed another striker so he adds to our depth going forward and is certainly a better option than Victoria. Can play on the wing too which will be handy. 

Some more signing news tonight with Leighton McIntosh joining the club. https://www.airdriefc.com/leightonmcintosh-300518 
Another good piece of business. Never been a star but always done a decent job at this level and I'm pretty sure his goals to games ratio is pretty good. Felt we needed another striker so he adds to our depth going forward and is certainly a better option than Victoria. Can play on the wing too which will be handy. 

Leighton Mcintosh cannot play on the wing, I’ve no idea who came up with that.

He’s a hard worker and gets scrappy goals, I liked him but totally non fussed over the fact he was let go or the fact he’s signed for you guys.

Leighton Mcintosh cannot play on the wing, I’ve no idea who came up with that.

He’s a hard worker and gets scrappy goals, I liked him but totally non fussed over the fact he was let go or the fact he’s signed for you guys.
Good for you.

9 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Airdrie fans would prefer it was called The Penny Arcade 

Nice one. 

Edited by Airdrie76

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Airdrie fans would prefer it was called The Penny Arcade 

We'd actually prefer it was called Kilbowie Park (Ba dum tsh)

10 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Another player that kept the bench warm a good few times last season with Arbroath.released by Dick Campbell .

26 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Another player that kept the bench warm a good few times last season with Arbroath.released by Dick Campbell .

Also scored 10 goals in 25 games last season (more than any Airdrie player) for an Arbroath side who finished 18 points better off than us. Solid signing if you ask me, add him to the 4 other strikers we have (Duffy, Carrick, Vitoria, Russell) then that is the makings of a really good forward line.

Also scored 10 goals in 25 games last season (more than any Airdrie player) for an Arbroath side who finished 18 points better off than us. Solid signing if you ask me, add him to the 4 other strikers we have (Duffy, Carrick, Vitoria, Russell) then that is the makings of a really good forward line.

Tbh I doubly Russell will get a looking in next season

Main strikers :Duffy and carrick
Back ups :Vitoria and McIntosh Russell
So Russell would be 5th choice and unless 3 strikers get injured he won’t be getting much of a game

you would have thought Arbroath would have wanted to hang on to a good goal scorer,and not released him .I would say ,what I have seen of him he is as good as what we have to be honest.not a Andy Ryan though.

50 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

you would have thought Arbroath would have wanted to hang on to a good goal scorer,and not released him .I would say ,what I have seen of him he is as good as what we have to be honest.not a Andy Ryan though.

I find Mcintosh a strange one. I've seen  him quite a few times at Peterhead. Strong, aggressive and pacey player although seems to have been more often or not on the bench for every club that he has been with. To be cruel I can only think that the missing bit from his game is ability but his overall goal scoring record given his appearances is decent.

On 30/05/2018 at 12:54, Moon said:

It's not like they are renaming old Broomfield, that would have caused a stooshie.

But renaming a stadium that we don't own, in exchange for some level of income that we need.....I'm all for it.

I thought we did own the stadium

Well, I don't know for sure but my view is that one of our owners owns the stadium. That's different from the club owning the stadium.

It's still massively better than it's been in years, but it's not technically ours - as far as I know.

also, even if it was ours, I've personally not got the bond to the place that I had with Broomfield. It has been separated from us for too long.

Why don't we lock this thread up, to save similar stuff getting discussed across two threads?

Mods?

Well, I don't know for sure but my view is that one of our owners owns the stadium. That's different from the club owning the stadium.

It's still massively better than it's been in years, but it's not technically ours - as far as I know.

also, even if it was ours, I've personally not got the bond to the place that I had with Broomfield. It has been separated from us for too long.

Obviously it ain’t gonna be as good as broomfield but it’s what we’ve got it’s a lot better than half the grounds ive been too and it will get a more homely feel when we’ve got a winning team on the park