St Johnstone FC European Tour 17/18

Steve McQueen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Alston and Cummins sitters were dreadful. We were much better after Scougall and Millar came on. We're crying out for a left winger and the Scobbie sacrifice is going to turn out to be a terrible decision if either of the centre halves are out for any length of time. 

48 minutes ago, virginton said:

50-odd minutes is a bit early for a flailing meltdown, but here we are.

Just now, mizfit said:

Morton fans...

Minter

That's more traditional: whataboutery and tear-stained deflection after you've officially been sworded at home by a LIthuanian no-mark outfit. 

Just now, Cerberus said:

Honking stuff.
Tommy Wright's is lost when he can't turn the game into a complete shitfest.

Ironically we improved dramatically when we brought on two players will the ability to hold the ball and pick a pass. Trying to shitfest the first half cost us dearly and will ultimately cost us our place in Europe. 

Scougall showed glimpses of real ability. 

That's us out, there is zero chance we win by two goals over there.

As always with us, it was a collective effort to be that shite. Tommy Wright started things by, once again, chucking in a youngster nowhere near ready, and, once again, changing things that were never broken. Paton and Craig our best central midfield partnership last season? Nah, we'll chuck Craig on the left and put Alston beside Paton for the first ever time. Team ripping us apart down the wings? We'll play a narrow diamond. All because he's too much of a shitehawk to play one up front at home. Was screaming out for a five man midfield yet we stuck with the fucking diamond, which has never, ever, worked for us no matter how many times he tries it.

Can't help but feel this is why TW struggles to get his move. Even when we're the better team, and the opposition are actively playing for a draw, we still refuse to take control of the match. The look of shock on the Trakai players when they got the ball in our half early on and had acres of space to run into and unmarked players to pass to was incredible.

Alston and Cummins misses barely registered with me, as they literally miss every time they have a tap in. MacLean was once again trying to be everywhere instead of actually being a striker, Wotherspoon was a complete coward who only played the simplest pass from five minutes in as he fucked up the first awkward one he tried. While Gilchrist was laughably bad.

Ironically we improved dramatically when we brought on two players will the ability to hold the ball and pick a pass. Trying to shitfest the first half cost us dearly and will ultimately cost us our place in Europe. 
Scougall showed glimpses of real ability. 

This. Camped at the edge of our own box until they scored, we score after going more adventurous, keep it up then completely shut down and sit deep again, and they score within minutes of it. They'd have let us dominate that match if we'd actually tried to.

I always want to see Scottish teams do well in europe however i must admit the way St Johnstone played at Pittodrie towards the end of the season was disgraceful stuff. Boring Bore your opponent in to submission stuff but it worked.

Alashkert are surely worse?

You at least have a few excuses with that. For example, playing 100s miles away, different climate, different atmosphere. Clutching at straw excuses admittedly, but excuses nonetheless. I'd say this is worse.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

You at least have a few excuses with that. For example, playing 100s miles away, different climate, different atmosphere. Clutching at straw excuses admittedly, but excuses nonetheless. I'd say this is worse.

Nah Alashkert was worse. They were shite. Although it was fucking roasting. Never felt heat like it my life. Dunno how anyone could play football in it 

Archived