Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly disappointed that we didn't win that but a decent result to take back to Falkirk for Friday.

I thought we were excellent in the first half, Austin was a real handful and it looks as though any direct running at "The Edge" or that diddy who was at Queen of the South will yield chances. Good to see Houston moving players around in the midfield when it was clear that Muirhead was getting exposed in the early stages. Second half was a bit scrappier, pretty even and that save from the Mikkelsen header by Thomson was huge. Wasn't a fan of us signing him but he's been tremendous and thoroughly deserves to be number one next season.

That's the best I've seen Craigen play for us, first half in particular he was dominant next to Kerr and his touch was superb at times. Big fan of McKee playing all over the midfield and lamping one in from 35 yards. Gasparotto solid apart from selling the jerseys for the first. Sibbald faded badly in the second half, I'll assume he picked up a knock but I was looking for more from him tonight. In saying that, he makes Leahy a different player versus Hippo playing ahead of him.

Dundee United are a strange team. Sean Dillon - my word. One of the worst performances I've seen at Championship level since we came down. Stick Hippo up against him on Friday and were laughing. Those two big clowns at centre back and Flood aren't much better right enough. Andreu is a class apart in terms of his ability to find space but I thought we kept him relatively quiet. Murray looks a player these days and seems to have bulked up a fair bit over the season. Full season of full time training has done him the power of good.

On Friday I think we need to stick Hippo on the left to take advantage of Durnan. I'd probably go with either Baird or McHugh next to Austin as well so we've got someone slightly more capable of getting the two CBs turned.

This is begging to be quoted at full time on Friday but I'm confident we'll win by a couple of goals.

No complaints. A draw was the absolute most we deserved from that game. Our second goal was so much against the run of play it was actually scary. Anyway, can't see us going through short of a series of very unusual events on Friday night. Och well.

Slightly disappointed that we didn't win that but a decent result to take back to Falkirk for Friday.

I thought we were excellent in the first half, Austin was a real handful and it looks as though any direct running at "The Edge" or that diddy who was at Queen of the South will yield chances. Good to see Houston moving players around in the midfield when it was clear that Muirhead was getting exposed in the early stages. Second half was a bit scrappier, pretty even and that save from the Mikkelsen header by Thomson was huge. Wasn't a fan of us signing him but he's been tremendous and thoroughly deserves to be number one next season.

That's the best I've seen Craigen play for us, first half in particular he was dominant next to Kerr and his touch was superb at times. Big fan of McKee playing all over the midfield and lamping one in from 35 yards. Gasparotto solid apart from selling the jerseys for the first. Sibbald faded badly in the second half, I'll assume he picked up a knock but I was looking for more from him tonight. In saying that, he makes Leahy a different player versus Hippo playing ahead of him.

Dundee United are a strange team. Sean Dillon - my word. One of the worst performances I've seen at Championship level since we came down. Stick Hippo up against him on Friday and were laughing. Those two big clowns at centre back and Flood aren't much better right enough. Andreu is a class apart in terms of his ability to find space but I thought we kept him relatively quiet. Murray looks a player these days and seems to have bulked up a fair bit over the season. Full season of full time training has done him the power of good.

On Friday I think we need to stick Hippo on the left to take advantage of Durnan. I'd probably go with either Baird or McHugh next to Austin as well so we've got someone slightly more capable of getting the two CBs turned.

This is begging to be quoted at full time on Friday but I'm confident we'll win by a couple of goals.

Pretty much agree with all of this.

That dive from Muirhead is an absolute shocker. A thug and a cheat? He's adding a fair bit of shitebaggery to his CV.

Would have taken a draw pre match but definitely felt we let United off the hook & worry that might come back to cost us. Thought McKee & Craigen both had their best games for us. Muirhead & Leahy pretty solid but I'd swap Watson for Luca. He's more of a set piece threat & Luca's lack of mobility a concern, he is a little too chunky for what I want for my centre half. All still to play for. Support was fantastic tho. Cracking diving header by guy over the barrier.

11 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

No complaints. A draw was the absolute most we deserved from that game. Our second goal was so much against the run of play it was actually scary. Anyway, can't see us going through short of a series of very unusual events on Friday night. Och well.

This is why it was so frustrating conceding that stupid goal from a free kick. Absolutely not a chance we deserved to be ahead, but having been given that opportunity you have to hold on to it, at least for more than five minutes. Not just hand it straight back to them.

28 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Sean Dillon - my word. One of the worst performances I've seen at Championship level since we came down. Stick Hippo up against him on Friday and were laughing. 

That was the change I was hoping for when Sibbald came off. I felt we could have created a couple more good chances before the end with Hippo running at that tired (and woeful) defence. Can't really fault Houston for playing it safe with Taiwo though. He knew a draw tonight would have been a good result and got it.

1 hour ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Robson looked poor, play Dixon and Murdoch hopefully will be fine

Heard McKinnon's post match on the radio and he sounded pretty negative about Murdoch's chances of playing on Friday.

Yer club gonnae grass us up again?

I'm compiling a statement to be sent to the SPFL as we speak.

12 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Whisper it but I actually thought Madden had a decent game tonight. The third goal was ruled out by the linesman so can't blame him for that either

I didn't think he was overly bad either, but he's become the new Collum to a section of our fans since that fiasco in Perth in the Betfred Cup.

Archived