Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

It's a Scottish football forum, I'm a Scottish football fan. People can post wherever they like, m9.

Totally agree, but why bring the hibees into it. I think your lot and ourselves have had enough rammys this season already. Don't you agree?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jackie Moon said:

Your kidding right given Stubbs remarks post match and every game and indeed the Hibbees bounce chat of the way we celebrated for our goals yet funnily enough when shoe was on the other foot it was acceptable.

As you mentioned we got 2nd on a championship budget not a premier budget so then yes it is an achievement for a club living within there means as lets face it if you didnt go up this season you would have been screwed and had to cope with a vastly reduced playing squad and quality no doubt.

How would we have been screwed? We're averaging over 15,000 fans, we'd be just fine. 

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I understand the point you are trying to make, but you fail to recognise that it's all relative.

For example we can say we'll done to Morton for finishing fourth and over achieving, but no one, including Hibees would be saying that if your club finished fourth would they?

Or maybe I have just missed that you see our club with a significantly lower budget, as being every bit as good as your lot?

Finishing 2nd in a league shouldn't be seen as an achievement, you won nothing. All the stuff about budgets is just there to make you feel better. It'll be another shite excuse next season and the season after that.

Finishing 2nd in a league shouldn't be seen as an achievement, you won nothing. All the stuff about budgets is just there to make you feel better. It'll be another shite excuse next season and the season after that.

I will remember that when Hibs maybe finish 6th next season and their supporters see it as some major accomplishment.

I Aberdeen finish second this season, I think that's a bit of a success is it not?

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I will remember that when Hibs maybe finish 6th next season and their supporters see it as some major accomplishment.

I Aberdeen finish second this season, I think that's a bit of a success is it not?

Qualifying for Europe? Yes it probably is. You don't get a trophy for finishing 2nd in that league ether though. 

Qualifying for Europe? Yes it probably is. You don't get a trophy for finishing 2nd in that league ether though. 

Well done for that....but as I said it's all relative. Finishing 2nd or worse for Hibs with a big budget is failure (we both agree on that) as you proved last season.

Second for us did not bring trophies but confidence that a smaller team can achieve and again we have a chance of promotion this season as a result.

Any club outside of Hibs and United in this division would have seen second as success at the season outset.

Come again? 

When Falkirk release their attendances they include season ticket holders who may not actually be in attendance, which is fair enough because the ticket has been bought etc.

Was just wondering if there was an alternative figure of how many people actually walk through the gate.

25 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

When Falkirk release their attendances they include season ticket holders who may not actually be in attendance, which is fair enough because the ticket has been bought etc.

Was just wondering if there was an alternative figure of how many people actually walk through the gate.

Do we? I'm not convinced we do 

32 minutes ago, JessieField said:

I predict the Falkirk "divers" will get through against Untd.

We don't care what you think, back in your irrelevant box in mid table. Thank you. 

Archived