Groundhop 2019 dates

Moving on from #RedCardFerryTollGate where do we think Hop 2020 could go?

I thought a Glasgow area hop could be very good. A day orbiting around Glasgow culminating at Pollok and a night out in south side. Magic!

East Ayrshire is another very obvious hub, with four great grounds in the vicinity of the great City of Cumnock. Imagine the headcount once the Talbot clicker was applied! Muirkirk in the Friday preceded by a wreath laying at Glenbuck. Boom!

Another alternative could be the bionic man Highland League crawl. Wick > Fort William > Cove. A mere seven hours of driving and could easily be accomplished if we kicked off in Wick at dawn.

54 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Moving on from #RedCardFerryTollGate where do we think Hop 2020 could go?

I thought a Glasgow area hop could be very good. A day orbiting around Glasgow culminating at Pollok and a night out in south side. Magic!

East Ayrshire is another very obvious hub, with four great grounds in the vicinity of the great City of Cumnock. Imagine the headcount once the Talbot clicker was applied! Muirkirk in the Friday preceded by a wreath laying at Glenbuck. Boom!

Another alternative could be the bionic man Highland League crawl. Wick > Fort William > Cove. A mere seven hours of driving and could easily be accomplished if we kicked off in Wick at dawn.

Joonyurs don't want groundhop

13 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Joonyurs don't want groundhop

When I spoke to one of the organisers he told me that most junior clubs were actually interested when he spoke to them. The fixture secretary refused to even discuss the idea to accommodate this though.

When I spoke to one of the organisers he told me that most junior clubs were actually interested when he spoke to them. The fixture secretary refused to even discuss the idea to accommodate this though.

As well as the Juniors secretary not being interested, they also tried approaching the SFA, who apparently didn't even bother responding. If this is the case, shame on them. Their loss was the EoSL win.

On 31/03/2019 at 12:51, HibeeJibee said:

Great shot:

D28TDu-XQAAm01H.jpg:large

This comes into the 'wish I'd taken that' category :lol: The Fife Coastal Path passes by the quarry in the background IIRC.

You being a modest chappy, I assume the words 'great shot' imply that you didn't take it?

5 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

This comes into the 'wish I'd taken that' category :lol: The Fife Coastal Path passes by the quarry in the background IIRC.

You being a modest chappy, I assume the words 'great shot' imply that you didn't take it?

Yes, it runs along that road beside Ballast Bank leading to a dead end at an industrial area where a foot/cyclepath to Dalgety Bay begins. Don't think HJ took it, saw it posted by a groundhop person on twitter.

This blog about last weekend is a good read. It seems "the worst referee of all time" didn't do too badly after all, getting both the penalty and retake correct, and not a word of criticism about any of the red cards. Good bit of balance in his writing.

He also reminded me of my lasagne pie at Peebles, which was wonderful.

Great weekend, which I'm slightly missing today as I await my one solitary game of the day. Although the weather today is minging.

https://the66pow.blogspot.com/2019/03/east-of-scotland-football-league.html?m=1

21 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

This blog about last weekend is a good read. It seems "the worst referee of all time" didn't do too badly after all, getting both the penalty and retake correct, and not a word of criticism about any of the red cards. Good bit of balance in his writing.

He also reminded me of my lasagne pie at Peebles, which was wonderful.

Great weekend, which I'm slightly missing today as I await my one solitary game of the day. Although the weather today is minging.

https://the66pow.blogspot.com/2019/03/east-of-scotland-football-league.html?m=1

Having seen the footage of the penalty, I now agree with the retake. I also was close to the foul and I definitely thought it was well outside. As there is no footage of that one, I can't comment on that moment now. What was written on the first red card I agree with, could've been a straight red in the first place as I said before. I still object to the 2nd and 3rd red cards though but that's mostly for the inconsistency. Earlier in the game I heard language which was probably at least as bad, from either side, towards officials and each other that didn't even get punished with a yellow. Had he been consistent in these decisions, I wouldn't complain about it. But it's the inconsistency that annoys me the most.

Some other things that were far less influential on the game got me with this referee as well. He was very inconsistent with less far-reaching decisions too imo.

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

No other Lowland League games seem to be involved so I'm thinking we've got a feast of EOS ties in the Midlothian and East Lothian area to look forward to?

I make it the following EoS teams still to be done, plenty to choose from in the East/Midlothian area:

Bo'ness United*
    Broxburn Athletic*
    Crossgates Primrose
    Dunbar United*
    Dundonald Bluebell*
    Hill of Beath Hawthorn*
    Jeanfield Swifts*
    Musselburgh Athletic
    Newtongrange Star*
    Penicuik Athletic*

Sauchie Juniors*
    Tranent Juniors
    Craigroyston
    Haddington Athletic
    Kinnoull
    Leith Athletic*
    Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale*
    Oakley United
    St Andrews United
    Arniston Rangers
    Dalkeith Thistle*
    Easthouses Lily Miners Welfare*

Edinburgh United
    Glenrothes
    Stirling University reserves?
    Tweedmouth Rangers
    Tynecastle*

*lights for the Friday/Saturday evening games

5 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Drumroll.

I see HibeeJibee mention Bonnyrigg v Berwick on 21 March 2020 2pm ko is a groundhop game.

No other Lowland League games seem to be involved so I'm thinking we've got a feast of EOS ties in the Midlothian and East Lothian area to look forward to?

Will find out soon.

Broxburn vs Camelon on the Friday night 745pm kick off

Friday 20 March

Broxburn v Camelon 7:45

Saturday 21 March

Dalkeith v Peebles 11:15

Bonnyrigg v Berwick 2:00

Easthouses v Haddington 5:00

Newtongrange v Linlithgow 7:45

Sunday 22 March

Bo'ness v Penicuik 12:15

Edit to add - you could walk between the Saturday games and make kick offs easily. Bonnyrigg to Easthouses will be close but just doable.

Friday 20 March
Broxburn v Camelon 7:45

Saturday 21 March
Dalkeith v Peebles 11:15
Bonnyrigg v Bo'ness 2:00
Easthouses v Haddington 5:00
Newtongrange v Linlithgow 7:45

Sunday 22 March
Bo'ness v Penicuik 12:15

Edit to add - you could walk between the Saturday games and make kick offs easily. Bonnyrigg to Easthouses will be close but just doable.
Bonnyrigg playing Berwick on the groundhop. It's a really attractive set of fixtures for this years groundhop and it'll be great for us (Bo'ness) to be involved for the first time.

Sorry for butting in guys, but have these dates been fixed? I've jumped the gun a bit, and advertised it on European Football Weekends on Facebook. I'd imagine a few of you on here will be familiar with it. Their seems to be a positive response, even before the season has started.

26 minutes ago, yogisbairns said:

Sorry for butting in guys, but have these dates been fixed? I've jumped the gun a bit, and advertised it on European Football Weekends on Facebook. I'd imagine a few of you on here will be familiar with it. Their seems to be a positive response, even before the season has started.

Don't see why the dates or times would change (it's the whole point of a fixture list after all), if you go back to page 2 of this thread you'll see last season's groundhop weekend fixtures posted in July last year.

Edited by Ginaro

Published in the fixture list here:
https://www.eosfl.com/downloads/eosfl/The-East-of-Scotland-Football-League-Season-2019-20-Fixture-List.pdf