Berwick Rangers 2017/18

Away top; bit simple, would've really preferred some colour to it, but upon closer inspection I noticed the retro Mitre chevrons in the black torso lining. Decent enough. EDIT; on second thought, are we going to dress in black and gold against Elgin, or is there a third top on the cards?

594828521c522_19400520_1611903152161609_7586235432380205002_o1.thumb.jpg.1cd7ee78dfbb0baf0f81b0f0e4ab0e52.jpg

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Away top; bit simple, would've really preferred some colour to it, but upon closer inspection I noticed the retro Mitre chevrons in the black torso lining. Decent enough. EDIT; on second thought, are we going to dress in black and gold against Elgin, or is there a third top on the cards?
594828521c522_19400520_1611903152161609_7586235432380205002_o1.thumb.jpg.1cd7ee78dfbb0baf0f81b0f0e4ab0e52.jpg

First thought on seeing it on twitter is that it looks more like a warm up/training top than a match day kit. Do like the old skool mitre though

On 2017-6-18 at 23:47, Redcar said:

Nooooooo.....

Euan would have been happy to sign for us and I'm gutted he's gone elsewhere. Excellent player - our only consistently good defender last season.

Money is obviously a factor, and we'll never know what was on offer from both teams, but Spark is one player we should have been stretching the budget for.

Championship or L2? We could pump coin at him all we want but I suspect he, like any other sane young player, would pick the obvious opportunity.

No sponsor, 2 signings, YellowFeet choosing our shite away kit. The club is fucked #FACT

54 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Championship or L2? We could pump coin at him all we want but I suspect he, like any other sane young player, would pick the obvious opportunity.

Aye. Fair comment.

As for the squad, I think it is OK, but we need a right back, a playmaker and 2 forwards/attacking midfielders as well as a few other back up players.

If we get decent signings - fine. If we get bargain basement castoffs or the likes of Donkor and Dunlop, we are screwed.

Sick of hearing about the fecking kit. Couldn't give an arse.

Customary lack of info regarding players - haven't even heard any rumours! In recent years, this has meant we've ended up signing people that nobody else wanted.

Currently we could put the following team on the park:

Mcrorie 

Scullion Fairbairn Fleming

Phillips Lavery Notman Mackinlay

Thomson

Rutherford McKenna.

Smidge unbalanced with bugger all on the right. I get that there cannot be official announcements on transfer targets, but the odd message from our full time manager might engage the fans a little. And info on fringe players like Jordan Orru, Jack Cook, Sam Jones etc etc would keep interest ticking over. 

Hate this fecking silence every year.

Just whingeing really.

Berwick Rangers are delighted to confirm the addition of young Hearts midfielder Andrew Irving on a development transfer for the new season.

The deal will see the midfielder, who is a regular in the Jambo’s Under 20 team despite only having turned 17 in May, pick up more regular experience of senior football.

A signing's a signing, but I would've preferred someone with a little bit more experience to them.

Wow! That's a bit of a coup for Berwick. Andy's my cousin and he's very highly thought of by Ian Cathro (although that may not be a particularly good thing, given his tenure so far at Hearts). Was expecting him to be in and around the first team squad for the coming season so maybe this 6-month loan will help bridge the gap in terms of physicality between development and senior football. 

He's a very good technical player with forward instincts, best played in behind the striker. Will be interesting to see how Coughlin uses him and if he can cope with the physicality of League 2 cloggers as he's not the biggest of boys. Has the potential to be a cracking signing for you lot.

Wow! That's a bit of a coup for Berwick. Andy's my cousin and he's very highly thought of by Ian Cathro (although that may not be a particularly good thing, given his tenure so far at Hearts). Was expecting him to be in and around the first team squad for the coming season so maybe this 6-month loan will help bridge the gap in terms of physicality between development and senior football. 
He's a very good technical player with forward instincts, best played in behind the striker. Will be interesting to see how Coughlin uses him and if he can cope with the physicality of League 2 cloggers as he's not the biggest of boys. Has the potential to be a cracking signing for you lot.

Seems like we're putting together a title-winning squad. Another brilliant bit of business from Coughlin, never doubted him.

Can't wait for this season to start now.

Archived