Berwick Rangers 2017/18

I'm already know as the resident kit nerd so might as well embrace it;

When the club was preparing to sell last year's matchworn shirts, Dom got in touch with me about Kessels' debut shirt as I had enquired about it earlier (I was looking to get it as he was the first Dutch player to turn out for the club). Lo and behold, it arrived this weekend so I did a piece on it for my site;

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2017/07/09/matchworn-berwick-rangers-20162017-home-away-shirts/

Pretty chuffed to finally have a top, and having it in hand, I kinda wish we didn't switch to Mitre; it's top quality.

20170709_183846.jpg.54e0775205902bc62dc997e74ddfa0da.jpg

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last night's highlights:-

Some meaty challenges in the game for a friendly.....some horrendous finishing from both teams as well.

What was your Keeper up to for the 1st goal? Total heads gone moment.

First impressions on the highlights, that's the tallest Berwick side I've seen in years.

On the shirt sponsorship, I hope it works well but it isn't entirely risk free. While at College in Blackpool I used to go watch the Tangerine Seasiders on the odd occasion. They too held a raffle for the shirt sponsor but the winner was the wonderfully named  Rebecca's of Southport, a flower shop I believe. Needless to say replica kits sales were not too healthy that year.

9 minutes ago, dougster said:

On the shirt sponsorship, I hope it works well but it isn't entirely risk free. While at College in Blackpool I used to go watch the Tangerine Seasiders on the odd occasion. They too held a raffle for the shirt sponsor but the winner was the wonderfully named  Rebecca's of Southport, a flower shop I believe. Needless to say replica kits sales were not too healthy that year.

That's why I am very curious to see what businesses and individuals have signed up for the raffle so far; I'd imagine they'd have to put forward a logo or design before paying to avoid embarassment later.

City used to do a similar raffle for sponsorship which was quite successful - me and a mate were going to form a fictional company which would arrange outward bound adventures for people combining the films "500" and "Raiders of the Lost Ark". We thought our company name "Spartans Ark Hunts" would look quite good on the City shirts... 

39 minutes ago, Cowshed118 said:

Hi Guys, running a bus down to the game tomorrow from Greenock , should be down for around 1 oclock, looking for advice on any pubs close to the ground with a beer garden if anyone had any suggestions?

A pub with a beer garden in Greenock?! :blink:

Just stick with local practice- sit in a park with a bottle of Buckie.

17 hours ago, dougster said:

First impressions on the highlights, that's the tallest Berwick side I've seen in years.

It was a jewellers. 

Cowden done the shirts sponsor raffle for around a decade. Thankfully nothing really naff sounding won it although one year one of the companies was a laundry called "The Steamie" which wouldn't have been the best name on the shirt.

Hi Guys, running a bus down to the game tomorrow from Greenock , should be down for around 1 oclock, looking for advice on any pubs close to the ground with a beer garden if anyone had any suggestions?

The Angel's a 5-10 minute walk from Shielfield (depending on how pished you are). The Black and Gold just outside the ground aswell if you fancy leaving the shitfest early.

Archived