Berwick Rangers 2017/18

16/17 was such a steaming pile of dung, I thought I'd create a new thread, full of optimism for the new season.

(Possibly).

Anyhow, looking back at previous posts and the BRFC website, the 5 players signed on 2 year contracts are:

Robert Wilson, Jonny Fairbairn, Steve Notman, Darren Lavery and Mikey McKenna. Don't think any newer signings got 2 years, but I may be wrong.

Please post all rumours, and as usual, if you've heard nowt, make something up.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely 17/18 can't be worse than 16/17, right? Right?

Gentle reminder that the club is consulting fans on the away colours to replace the rather drab light blue and white effort we've been stuck with for two seasons. Hope ZOO brings out two fancy new designs, and maybe a third kit to go along with them;

BerwickShirt.png.465bead36b8d4bfd3a63579d366b4fba.png.c137973acf5de3df61f6ef82dc7c36db.png

Am I alone in not giving much of a toss about the colour of the away kit? I genuinely don't really care. 

I care a bit more about the home kit, but it is who is wearing them that matters

2 hours ago, Eric's Rangers said:

With the new sponsor being Co-op Funeral Care it can't be purple as the logo would clash.

Shame the club didn't offer a few designs to choose from.

Shite, I completely missed that news; did the club release a statement? Either way, I can only find blue logos for Co-op, which would imply blue is out of the equation (thankfully). Doubt you can do something tastefully with it though, JB's logo didn't ever clash too hard but purple would be hideous.

7 minutes ago, Redcar said:

From the club's Twitter account

"Some big news coming your way tomorrow... #BRFC"

Big Cough's finished fixing the roof. Exclusive interview on BRTV with Eric Tait about it.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Big Cough's finished fixing the roof. Exclusive interview on BRTV with Eric Tait about it.

JOHN

ah wiz a bit disappointint with yer joists on the far end of the Ducket there...ah mind in '86 when Stuart Romaines had a clearance that hit precisely that angle on the roof that ah think you could have finished off a bit better but apart from that what ah really thought could have been done better was to use some Marleydeck which ah have on the conservatory at herm....

(question continues for 5 minutes)

So the big news teased yesterday was a three year contract with FN Teamwear (who already supply Cowden, Shire, Albion Rovers, and Edinburgh City) which will see the team kitted out in Mitre products;

591c39d849971_DSC_0001-copy1.thumb.jpg.5d84e2d002791788de77895804ea7bfe.jpg

I'm not super excited about this; Zoo was a fine supplier with good designs, while Mitre has a bit of an iffy track record with. The embroidered badge looks a bit naff and the use of two shades of yellow is suspect at best, but I'll reserve further judgment until I see the entire top.

17 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Dont get too excited. I think everyone's favourite colourfully footed poster has mixed what he sees as big news with what everyone else does.

You were right. Important needlework news. 

3 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

So the big news teased yesterday was a three year contract with FN Teamwear (who already supply Cowden, Shire, Albion Rovers, and Edinburgh City) which will see the team kitted out in Mitre products;

591c39d849971_DSC_0001-copy1.thumb.jpg.5d84e2d002791788de77895804ea7bfe.jpg

I'm not super excited about this; Zoo was a fine supplier with good designs, while Mitre has a bit of an iffy track record with. The embroidered badge looks a bit naff and the use of two shades of yellow is suspect at best, but I'll reserve further judgment until I see the entire top.

Never even knew that Mitre still made kit.

Slightly surprised Verlaque is leaving and that Mackinlay is to get a contract offer, but not too shocked at either. Presumably others will be offered a contract but doesn't mean to say they will sign it. 

Spark, Rutherford, New keeper, centre-half, left back, midfielder and 2 attackers please. Ta.

Should have read the full article.....

Yep - great news regarding Rutherford. Also, Scullion and Phillips appear to have re-signed, whilst Mckinlay is on a 2 year deal anyway.

Hope Euan Spark signs. Spoke to him on way home after the Ed City game and he seemed keen to sign. Well, interested anyway.

So, still need another keeper, someone who can pass the ball in midfield, and a couple of whippets up front.

Archived